Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I've just cut back on some things, like red meat (only eat it once a week).
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    nothing. I gave up mcdonalds long before I was trying to actively lose weight. Eating things in moderation is the key, I think. I tried giving certain things up when I was unhealthy, and all it did was make me binge on them. So no, I haven't given anything up.
  • floersh21
    Options
    I have given up whole doughnuts, though I will eat ONE of those munchkin things from DD every once in a while. I also can't remember the last time I had a sugary soda. I think mostly I've just started eating really well--I haven't really focused on what I can't eat.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    Which food(s) have you given up completely that you just love or used to love?

For me:
    French fries
    Milk Chocolate
    Breaded Chicken

None, and I don't plan to ever give anything up completely unless I am diagnosed with an intolerance, sensitivity, or allergy to it. I limit them since a big bowl of veggies with a nice amount of fish is much more satisfying long term in a day than a large fry (to give an example) but I still enjoy fries now and then.
  • whatheskinnybish
    Options
    Soda and Fast Food
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've stopped anything 100% but the closest for me would be coffee. I used to drink so much coffee in the morning that I wouldn't eat until oh... mid-afternoon. Plus of course I couldn't sleep well and was a raging beyotch all of the time. Now I have 1 cup of decaf at the church cafe on Sunday's and drink a mug of tea in the morning to get my hot beverage fix.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Pasta and rice. But I kind of feel like that's cheating because I almost never ate rice and I rarely ate pasta. So it was easy. I gave up McDonalds, except in extreme travel-related situations. I think I've had it once since January...? Regular soda, which I was addicted to. I've had maybe 2-3 times since then. Peanut butter and peanuts (which I love.) All beans (legumes) which I love. Milk. Donuts.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nothing I have given up completely. But I went from eating pizza 3 times a week to only 5 times in the last 6 months. And sugar. I would have something sugary every day sometimes several times a day, now I eat it just occasionally.
  • Helenasnan
    Helenasnan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    pizza...
    ice cream...
    bread...pasta....
  • Spitbubblr
    Options
    I gave up chips, pizza, soda (other than an odd diet one) and a bunch of greasy foods. I never thought I could live without them, and now I am wondering why I ever enjoyed them :')
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My very favorite meal at Waffle House. Two eggs over medium, hash browns scattered, covered, peppered and topped, and a waffle with peanut butter and chocolate chips. And a patty melt if I'm starving. It just takes too much to burn off all those calories with exercise. I'm thinking I may need to go on another all-day hike so I can earn it.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Chips.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    I haven't given up anything completely. The closest I've came is milkshakes, because it's just not practical to ingest in moderation. Even a small is usually like 700 calories! It sucks too because I absolutely love milkshakes. Maybe I'll treat myself today, I haven't had one in months.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    None. I refuse to give up anything.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee and fizzy drinks, basically given up caffeine. Refuse to say I have given up everything else as I will then crave it.
  • smurfindasea
    smurfindasea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and regular soda's unless we are out to dinner, then I have one coke as a special treat. rest of the time I enjoy water with limes.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    cheese (i could just sit an eat a huge block of it mmmmmm)
    roasted and salted pistachios - theyre ok in small amounts, but i cant just eat one! i eat the whole bag in one sitting :')
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bread, flour, corn, rice, potatoes
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Just have it much less frequently and REALLY enjoy it.
  • tabithaneil3
    Options
    i gave up soda Pepsi :(