Anyone here take vitamins on a daily basis?

Options

Replies

• ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a One a Day VitaCrave and Glucosamine every morning since I started my weight loss journey. After reading through the replies I am wondering if I am talking enough or if I should add stuff in now. =)

(Edited: Because I missed a word)
  • linda_smith_6
    Options
    I take one vitamin B, one C, one Calcium & Magnesium and Omega 3 (flax seed). I can really tell if I haven't taken them in a few days. I have less energy and my concentration is not so good.
  • bestmomtr
    bestmomtr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take a multi-vit, Caltrate 1,000 mg, Vit D 5000 IU, Biotin:wink:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin and mineral and a calcium + vit D daily. I have to take mine as I'm on a restrictive medical diet due to coeliacs and other food allergies. I tend to get low on b vitamins especially.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Funny I was just thinking about this topic.

I take (most of the time) Centrum under 50, Calcium&D, Super B suppl. and just added Osto Biflex for my knee. Tempted to look into flaxseed and Omega 3 but need to do my research on them.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Redoxin Vt C 1000mg + zinc (never get a cold) and 1 capsule evening primrose oil. :happy:
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I take Dr. Christopher's Vitalerbs, which is a plant/food-derived multivitamin/mineral. It was recommended by my health food store and I don't think I'll try anything else after trying many others.
  • milliereid
    Options
    I take peppermint capsules due to irritable bowel but they're great for digestion ect
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take 1 or 2 Alive for women 50+ depending on what I have going on physically. I also take 1 or 2 5-HTP that are my happy pills :) Can I really tell a difference if I don't take them? Hell ya!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I take A-Z Multivitamins & Minerals every day.

I do so because my diet is shocking and I need to get my vitamins from somewhere
  • elinakalna
    Options
    I take fish oil (when I can remember) and berocca at work. Also I take psylium husk as a source of fiber to keep my digestive system moving. Occasionally I take folic acid (on days I don't take berocca).
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I dont know why I take these.
    (I know I take them to be healthy, but I dont know if I "need" them and I dont know how or why I settled on these)

2 Fish Oil
    1 Multi
    1 B Complex
    1 baby asprin
  • bulldogsrule
    bulldogsrule Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take a chewable multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin D and sometimes B12.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin tablet, a cod liver oil tablet, and a glucosamine tablet. I used to be sceptical about the glucosamine, but then forgot to take it for a couple of days and noticed that my knees felt discernably worse for it. So now I try and take it it every day.
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin E, flax oil, fish oil, and a prenatal vitamin. I am not pregnant, nor intend to be, but it has extra things (folic acid, etc.) that round out what I need! I was told by a trainer to take 9 fish oil tablets a day. I don't because of cost, but the reasoning is bcuz some of the brands aren't 100% fish oil. There seem to be only a few brands where you'll get 100%. Of course they are more expensive, but.....you get what you pay for!
  • MrsLeyva11
    Options
    I take a lot.. (or at least it feels like it)

I take a multi - Which right now is One A Day Women's Active Body and Mind (It really gives me a boost of energy, thanks to the caffeine in it) But I'm almost out and my husband bought me Opti-Women so I'm going to start that next week.
    I take a Fish Oil Capsule
    Vitamin C (I have a very low immune system and get sick easily without it)
    and Iron, which was prescribed by my Dr
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been taking adult gummy vitamins (the pills weren't working out for me) along with a B-complex. I've also started taking a probiotic which I really think is helping me feel better. I used to think that if I ate healthfully then I shouldn't need vitamins but modern farming practices (selectively breeding crops for maximum pest resistance and "correct" color and size etc) have led to decreased nutrients in our food. I figured it couldn't hurt to fill in the gaps with a few pills.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Supposed to take iron and a multivitamin and calcium, I might get it once or twice a week. Have always had a problem with anemia. All the docs know to do is a colonoscopy, and my colon is clean as a whistle except for divertic pocket. Say I must be losing blood somewhere but so far they don't know where...My daughter was told years ago that our family has small platelets and that makes it hard for our bodies to absorb iron. All women on my mother's side of the family have a problem with this right down to my 10 yr old granddaughter.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I take a women's gummy multi-vitamin.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Altogether when I take them, I take fish oil, multivitamin with minerals, vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium, super B complex and iron.