Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Replies

• kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    I have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, have used both since I got them, but not regularly. I would love to join this group, and for the past 2 months I have been (semi regular) using my Wii every other day, then the treadmill and weights on no Wii days. I burn more calories on the treadmill, but I love the boxing and yoga, as well as the rhythm kung fu. I like the hula hoop routines also, but for some reason my numbers are going down instead of up on that. I'm not sure what is up with that.

Anyway, I hope I can stick with it this time, and with all the great support here, I am sure I will.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    I got a wii fit plus and started using it on the 1st... My goal is to get on it almost every day, i do super hula hoop, rythem boxing on expert, rythem parade, free run, and the stepping ones. I have tried doing the balance ones but i am really really bad at them... I try to do around 45mins a day. I have found that exercising with the wii alot more fun then normal exercising. I have done it 5 days now, now i only need to get my eating under control. Once the weather warms up i will also be riding my horse more and walking my dog. I havent done either in a month as its been sooo cold out...
  • Just got off the wii fit!!!! I love this thing. It is so....adicting. I am not too fond of the parade thing. I am a baton twirling instructor and keeping the beat is a huge thing to me....The beats don't always match on that thing and when I keep time in step, it doesn't count it, because it is like a milisecond behind or ahead!!! Oh well....I sure like the other stuff though!!!!

Have a restful night all!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Just got off the wii fit!!!! I love this thing. It is so....adicting. I am not too fond of the parade thing. I am a baton twirling instructor and keeping the beat is a huge thing to me....The beats don't always match on that thing and when I keep time in step, it doesn't count it, because it is like a milisecond behind or ahead!!! Oh well....I sure like the other stuff though!!!!

Have a restful night all!

Tiger, I don't think the actual step part counts, because the very first time I did it, I got perfect on all the wii remote beats, but I got out of step a few times. I think that is just supposed to add to the coordination. Which, I'm horrible at! Glad your enjoying the wii fit!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    We are starting a Biggest Loser thing at work today. $25 to get in. I know I can win this thing. I am really good at losing when I get in the right mindset.....now, to find that right mindset. :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Welcome kbglazier and Rainbow!

Rainbow - I do like the picture. I have an Arabian gelding and a 24 year old quarter horse mare (that still bucks when the wind is right).

Hi teetee! I hope you have a nice day. It will probably be evening by the time you read this and post again.

Beth- I did the Biggest Loser at work a few years ago and lost 7 pounds. I think they will have it organized well enough to help get you into the right mind set. It should be lots of fun. I know you can do it.

I did boxing this morning and only got 1174. Trish it looks like your the leader on this one.

Time for work, have a nice day everyone,

JAM
  • teetee1281
    Evening Everyone! Your right JAM it is night for me. Once I get my house cleaned and my dinner digested, I'm going to attempt to beat the leading score for the rhythm boxing. I might lack rhythm when I dance, but I think I have the boxing down! :wink: I'll post my results later.

Beth, I think you will find the right mindset, even if it is just the fact that it is a competition against other people, you'll find the motivation. You'll do well!
  • Jam0525 you can count me in on this. I haven't used my Wii fit in a while but i will be on it again in addition to my normal workouts throughout the day. I'll be doing it 6x a week for a minimum of 40 mins. I'll be picking up the other titles shortly.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    I just got the Wii Active yesterday and today I started the 30 day challenge. I kept it easy just so I can get used to it, LOL! I burned about 100 calories today! My goal is to finish the challenge!

Jennifer
  • teetee1281
    So my Wii workout was crazy! Trish you still have the high score, I only got 1149, today (that is :laugh: ) Then somehow, my Wii just shut off, it wasn't the Wii itself, but it is plugged to a transformer. For a second I was bummed out, but I decided to continue to play and I ended up beating my own score in the juggling, I ACTUALLY made it to 3 balls and got a high score of 653.:smile:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Hi Everyone,

My goal is to work out with the Wii 3 times per week and 30 minutes each time. Once I get into a routine than maybe I'll work out more days and more time.

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • jam0525
    Welcome all new comers! We're glad you found us.

I got 3347 steps in 30 minutes on the free step. Trish - your boxing record will stand for another day. I did terrible at it today.:happy: :sad:

Jam
  • I use wii fitness coach and have wii fit (but use it mostly to weigh my self).

My goals for January

--exercise using wii fitness coach 5x a week in the morning

-- walk on treadmill for now 5x times a week in the evening ( will try WALK IT OUT when it is released in about a week).
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    I am not very good at keeping up with this thread, too busy playing the Wii at night. :blushing:

Last night and tonight met and exceeded my goal of 45 minutes a day. Been doing the free run, love to run while I watch tv. I am going to try the free step tomorrow night. Like the balance games too to warm up with. Having fun!
  • Good morning wii team! Last night I only did about 30 minutes on the wii. I usually go for about 60. That TOM for me and I just didn't have the energy I guess. Hopefully tonight I will be back after it. I did really well on my stretches and strength routine. I guess I need to step it up a bit and get into some of the advanced categories on some of the stuff. I found myself mainly doing the step, because I so enjoy it. I am enjoying the boxing as well, but not all that whoopie at it yet. I will get there!

Everyone have a great day!
    Ann
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    OH!!! I bumped up the intensity today to moderate (day 2 of the challenge) and there were way too many lunges! LOL!! My knees are going to be killing me soon!!

worked out for 25 mins and burned 160 calories!

Jennifer
  • jam0525
    To anyone not working up a sweat try wearing a long sleeve shirt or a sweatshirt. lol I accidentally did that and was sweating 20 minutes into my 30 minute routine. Common sense, but it was still by chance I figured it out.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Jam, I'm so glad someone FINALLY recognized that I was throwing down the gauntlet! My current high score on expert rhythm boxing is 1466. I am aiming for 1500 by Sunday. BRING IT! That goes for everyone else too ;)
    If you have a high score you want me to try and beat, post it. It'll be fun and motivating!

And my new HRM came today! It wasn't supposed to be here till next Tuesday, but... IT'S HERE! I'm excited. Can't wait to try it with my Wii workout.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Just finished my Wii Fit Plus workout with my new HRM. Wii said 366 cals burned, my Polar F7 HRM says 577 cals. I put the minutes in on MFP for 56 mins, which is the time I worked out, and got 483. I feel that is a fair compromise between the two disparages.

Now... who's got some high scores for me to try and beat? I want to play with you!
  • jam0525
    Trish - My dog kept laying in front of the Wii balance board and I did really, really bad on the boxing. :bigsmile: Tomorrow morning I will put the dog out while I'm boxing.

I did get 3385 steps in 30 minutes on the free step.

Jennifer - hang in there. You can do it!

Ann - That's great. Once you get everything opened up it will be a lot more fun.

Have a nice evening everyone,

JAM
This discussion has been closed.