Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well, my numbers are relatively small compared to a lot of you, but I guess I'm a smaller person. Yesterday I hit a PR for squats...on the 4th set (to failure) I was able to squat 165lbs for 10 reps. I'm 119lbs, if that makes any difference :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Today was an extra workout to focus on some upper body weak points. I did weighted chin-ups ramping-up to a 5RM of 55lbs, not bad I thought.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    After 5 Months of CrossFit:

2 RM:

Clean: 95 -> 160
    Snatch: 65 -> 115
    Push Press: 95 - 145
    Squat: 185 -> 225 (This number is low because I go up very slowly due to hernia surgery in Feb)

Still haven't done a bench press once :)
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My proudest accomplishment was making the 1000 lb club in high school

Bench - 310
    Power Clean - 250 (weak lol)
    Squat - 510

However I was about 300 lbs at the time, so I feel like that was somewhat of a factor. I haven't lifted in what feels like forever, but I'm hoping to get into a gym once I'm done with marathon training
  • JNick77
    Options

Bench - 310
    Squat - 510

However I was about 300 lbs at the time, so I feel like that was somewhat of a factor. I haven't lifted in what feels like forever, but I'm hoping to get into a gym once I'm done with marathon training

Weak?? Yeah, I don't have a 250lbs Power Clean or 510 Squat my friend. LOL. Nice!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Bench - 310
    Squat - 510

Weak?? Yeah, I don't have a 250lbs Power Clean or 510 Squat my friend. LOL. Nice!
    Compared to the rest of my lifts though, the clean was lagging a lot.

Although I suppose it had a lot to do with not-so-great form...
  • JNick77
    Options

I think the Clean and the Snatch are so dependent on form more than any other movement. One can be stronger than **** but bad form will cause low strength all the time. Personally I'd like to shoot for cleaning, from the hang, my body weight. I'm really close, about 10lbs off from 205.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I think the Clean and the Snatch are so dependent on form more than any other movement. One can be stronger than **** but bad form will cause low strength all the time. Personally I'd like to shoot for cleaning, from the hang, my body weight. I'm really close, about 10lbs off from 205.

I'll vote on this 100%. I've been going for years on bad form every time I tried lifting anything. Dying out at 300 lb raw squat, 185 lb bench, and don't even mention deadlift. Then I actually found people willing to help me correct foot position here, timing there. In two months I've added 200 lbs to squat, 45 to bench (although that's only been with one week of work), put the deadlift to shame, and still gaining!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey we all had to start somewhere. :)
  • JNick77
    Options
    Today wasn't bad, hit a 335 Box Squat for a single. My head wasn't really into it today for a few reasons, one being it took me forever to get the moveable bench from some jag's that were bull****ting too much while hogging it; I was a little pissed by the time I finally got it. I start a new gym soon and shouldn't have this problem much longer. I'm going to swap the Back Squat with the Box Squat on DE days to work on that.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    good work mate :)

I one arm rowed 64kg (141lbs) today. Just wanted to see if I could do it with my kettlebell.
  • JNick77
    Options
    I one arm rowed 64kg (141lbs) today. Just wanted to see if I could do it with my kettlebell.

Damn dude, that's the ****! That makes me want to add Kroc Rows back in.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Today wasn't bad, hit a 335 Box Squat for a single. My head wasn't really into it today for a few reasons, one being it took me forever to get the moveable bench from some jag's that were bull****ting too much while hogging it; I was a little pissed by the time I finally got it. I start a new gym soon and shouldn't have this problem much longer. I'm going to swap the Back Squat with the Box Squat on DE days to work on that.

I don't really understand box squats- maybe because I'm short?! The bench is higher than the depth I would take a regular back squat.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    640lbs for 3 sets at 6 reps - Leg Press (It was pretty cool to see the rack with no room left for additional plates)

240lbs for 3 sets of 6 reps - Bench Press

Not really a lifting record but the accomplishment that's probably more important (because it can be seen by all) my biceps now measure in at just over 16 inches (yes a little vanity never hurts).
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I don't really understand box squats- maybe because I'm short?! The bench is higher than the depth I would take a regular back squat.

I feel the same, i tend to feel Box squats are easier for me then Back squats.

Good job though on that 335 for single.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Not really a lifting record but the accomplishment that's probably more important

That's what it's all about my friend. Good job.

That's interesting, how tall are you? It could be available equipment as well. If you sit back and it prevents you from hitting parallel then that's no good and not worth doing, so you're probably right. I'm 6'0" and the bench I have to use for Box Squats actually puts me perfectly at parallel, it's rather cool actually. My Back Squat 1RM is 365, so it's 30lbs stronger than my Box Squat. I would probably Box Squat more frequently if I had more equipment available to me but we have two moveable benches and peep's are always using them on the damn Smith Machine to bench and do seated shoulder presses.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not really a lifting record but the accomplishment that's probably more important

That's what it's all about my friend. Good job.

That's interesting, how tall are you? It could be available equipment as well. If you sit back and it prevents you from hitting parallel then that's no good and not worth doing, so you're probably right. I'm 6'0" and the bench I have to use for Box Squats actually puts me perfectly at parallel, it's rather cool actually. My Back Squat 1RM is 365, so it's 30lbs stronger than my Box Squat. I would probably Box Squat more frequently if I had more equipment available to me but we have two moveable benches and peep's are always using them on the damn Smith Machine to bench and do seated shoulder presses.

5'10 We have actual boxes for box jumps at my gym all different heights. I back squat parallel (something i am damn proud of btw lol )

It may have to be because when i first started on squats, the guy i was working with made me do only box squats and advocated getting parallel and to stay that way once we finally moved onto back squats. Currently im at 375 1RM Full back squat
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    chest press: 50 (each pec)
    deadlift: 250
    benchpress: 180
    bicep curl: 50 (my max @ 1 rep)
    overhead tricep extension: 35
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Leg Press - 225 Pounds
    Bench Press - 85 Pounds
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 30s

I'm very proud of these 3, especially the bench press. When I started working out, I couldn't even press 30 pounds. I certainly have struggled to gain any upper body strength :)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Feeling good after tonight's workout..

3x8 70kg / 154lb Leg press
    25kg / 55lb Chest Press 5x5
    27.5 kg / 60.5 Chest Pull 5x5
    25kg / 55lb Lat Pulldown 5x5