For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I lost the first 15 fairly easily (I know my counter only says 9, but that's just when I started MFP), but the last 15 won't move!. I've been fluctuating between 145 and 147 for almost 2 months and NOTHING!!!!
  • MySantaigo
    Options
    Hi, I also am in this club. It's definitely hard to think I will ever lose anymore weight. I'm actually only trying to lose about 5 more pounds because I know I will not eat the way that will require me to lose more than 5 pounds...if I can even do five!

I am about 130 and plateau-ing. I just started doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) I stopped calorie counting--I was using lose it app on iphone, but now my return to this app and start recounting. I just got tired of it, but guess what? once I did that, i stopped losing! So keep the calorie counting/diet thing going everyone!

I found good exercises and ideas for HIIT routines, many of which you can do anywhere, which is good for me since I travel for work and sometime I can't go running out in the streets or jungle or what have you and need something I can do in a small space. This guys stuff is pretty good, at least to mix things up some. nowloss.com is the site.

So now I am going to be training twice a day, once first thing in the morning and another right after work. it gives me an energy boost for the evening chores too. I thought, I should at least try something new.

Also, I did the low glycemic load diet and worked out twice a day about 5 years ago and those were the best results I had ever gotten....just say'n.

Good luck and love to see all ya'lls progress. I will report back with my experience of HIIT twice a day :)
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on the last 10 for about 6 months. It's so difficult to eat at a level where you are preserving your lean muscle, while still creating a deficit to encourage your body to use those last few fat pounds.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, another 25 to go and it seems like its taking forever! I want it gone already, most of it is in the middle...ugh!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Me too! Twenty would be great, 30 would be fabulous!!!
  • StephieJo718
    StephieJo718 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have lost 50 lbs since Feb. and have really started to slow down in the weight loss department. I was losing between 2-4 pounds a week and now I am lucky to lose 1-2. I am still eating the same and my activity level is still the same. :( So I totally understand the running a marathon to lose a pound! We just gotta keep working.....these last 30 pounds are going fight me...but I am ready to fight!! Good luck guys!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    i'm in the group, I just reached 10 lbs some more to go.
  • verbalriot
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to lose and it's really hard! But I have to say, eating clean and exercising makes me feel good, so I am enjoying the process.
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    i wanted to lose at least ten now that i lost 6 and i'm almost at my goal i just wanna lose 10 more :D
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    For me the first 113 pounds were so easy. Now that I'm trying to lose the last 15, it's a killer!
  • tenkesh
    tenkesh Posts: 81
    Options
    I got about 8 lbs to my goal weight, then the true challenge begins - maintenance.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :mad: UGH .... the first half is easy! The closer to goal the harder I swear!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Me! Lost 7 and moved and switched jobs, gained those back and now I am stuck. I am adding fitness classes to my work outs hoping that will help
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    11lbs :sad:

i lose. i gain.
    i lose.i gain.
    i lose. i gain

FML!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WTH - I'll chime in here... I have 31-32 left to go. It still seems like a lot frankly, but it's getting SO much harder to lose. Plus, it's this phase where opinions seem to become very black-and-white... "You need more calories. You need less calories. You need to work out more. You need to improve your diet..." Who the heck can you believe? NOBODY seems to have the right answer...
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yup, 7 down, 13 to go >.<
    The first 7 came off within the first 2 weeks and then nothing since, weigh in tomorrow to see whats happening! Im still exercising and eating well, I guess it'll come off in its own sweet time :ohwell:
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Me! 25 more to go. Been stuck, stalled, up and down the same numbers for several months - it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • adegroot
    adegroot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group, and hope we can help each other!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i've been trying to lose 20 forever! its so hard!
  • NJFoxy
    NJFoxy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!

Been trying to lose 20-25 pounds off and on for years. Lost 12 gained it back, lost 6...still on this journey and determine to lose those pounds. Gotta keep pushing and trying! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!