Replies

• misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    All of the power rangers.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am related to Pat Benatar and the man is related to Nicholas Cage and Francis Ford Coppola.

Of course we're also both Irish, so we're related to King Brian Boru too :wink:
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ozzy Osbourne...his first name is actually John. From my mum's side of the family. I also have a female ancestor who was quite the ho and was shipped off to Australia from England many moons ago.
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My Great Grand Father - in 1957 Al Roth purchased 10 acres to turn into a Grove....founded Roth New River Groves in Davie, Florida.
  • daffy77
    daffy77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My uncle was the head of the government printing organization and my dads cousin is Joe Biden

but I'm famous all on my own
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    On my Dad's side, related to the person who built one of the first lifeboats in England, has the patent for and built 31 other lifeboats! Henry Greathead. Backed up by family and legal records.

I know, not exactly famous but a big thing in seaside towns with lifeboats! lol
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My earliest known relative is reportedly the assassinator of King Charles back in the 1600s. And my aunt Martha and her daughter Sarah were two of the last women hanged as witches in the Salem Witch Trials.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump..cant wait to read these..when i was 17, i lived in a small town, so small than anyone new was immediately out of place, and a friend of mine and i noticed a strange man acting crazy while walking down main st. we stopped to talk to him, and he told us he was related to dr. dre AND snoop dog:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The mafia.

I've already said too much.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    I am related to Ma Barker's boys. Not to her though, she married into our family, but her boys (including the one who was killed trying to escapre from Alcatraz) are blood relations.

that ROCKS !! i never heard of them until 2 days ago, there was a whole episode about them..
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Lucky Luciano, the gangster. I believe he was my great grandmother's cousin.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I was told I'm related to some great singer or other. I don't remember, and even if it was true, I don't give a damn. O.o
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Descended from Irish kings. Real ones. (Have you noticed everyone with a remotely Irish connection sees themselves as related to Irish kings... ? :-D )

http://ceallachan.users.50megs.com/callahan.html

My great, great aunt was a palace chambermaid, and it's rumoured her child was a fitzroy.... (I really don't buy this stuff, just to be clear. But it makes for a good family story!)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    distant relationship was in band Brotherhood of Man are a British pop group who achieved success in the 1970s, most notably by winning the 1976 Eurovision Song Contest with "Save Your Kisses for Me".
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My Grandmother's aunt married Alexander Graham Bell.. that's all i got
  • galaxiasmama
    Options
    Joseph Smith, supposedly Bonnie & Clyde, the lady who invented Cheese Whiz but wasn't credited for it so no one knows about her (she made it for troops), and a queen. My aunt is mormon so she does TONS of genealogy research...so I've been told I'm related to these people
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Robert E Lee and Meriwether Lewis (Lewis and Clark). I actually have in my possession the publish book with the family history from as far back as they can go up until my now 24 year old cousin in it. And since I'm 5 years older than her, I'm in the book too. It's pretty cool, and Lee is a family name that is passed through every generation somewhere, my youngest son has it as his middle name, and when he's old enough, I'll explain why.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sadly nothing remotely interesting but My Poppy(Paternal) John Miller Jr was related to a Rum Runner

http://www.countyquest.ca/rumrun.html

No I'm not a drinker lol
  • spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    Options
    my dad's distance cousin,,, Marion Morrison May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    You all know him by his stage name.
    john-wayne.jpg
    Give up? John Wayne