Unsupportive....wwyd?

Options
Shayzeepoo
Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
If you told your spouse that you wanted to lose weight, get into better shape and they immediately got on the defensive.. Saying you are doing it to cheat/move on/ect.. And totally have zero support for you, try to do things to make you go off track.

Start blowing up at you for the tiniest things.

Example.
You forget to take chicken out for supper, immediately they start yelling saying things like you're a fat,lazy tub of lard... Stretched out and better treat him better cause no one else will ever love you.. You're ugly and everyone else can see it, why even bother..

You have been with this person for well over 5 years and have kids together... WWYD?

Replies

• MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    id let him cook his own dinner from now on...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Prove him right....how U doin? *winks
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options

Well that's a given! Lol
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

This. Nobody should be talking to anyone that way. He should be supportive and understanding, not maniacal.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

lmao
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options

Haha, if only he were right about me.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'd probably kick him.....really hard!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    He's jealous and insecure.

Ask him if he would like to join you, a journey you two can do together. Not a competition, but a way to support each other.

If he says no, I guess just eff him.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    You're well pretty, and you've done so good with your weight loss, what's he on 'bout. :huh:
    You shouldn't be treated like that, he shouldn't treat anyone like that, and I hope the kiddies don't witness it.
    Whataaa jerk.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options
    In a way it's helping me I guess.. The more he says this crap to me, the fact that I will fail.. Makes me want to work even harder to show him that I can and will do this.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    DIVORCE, you don't need to be with someone like that, no matter how long u've been together and it isnt a healthy environment for kids to grow up in anyway. A person cannot say those things to a person that they are supposed to love and care about
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. Like seriously?????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are a human, a individual, a person, and a mother that deserves RESPECT. If he says stuff like that you shouldn't even give him the time of day. That's absolutely uncalled for that you have accepted that verbal abuse. Walk away. Far far away.

My husband NEVER EVER says anything like that. Not even close. NEVER. If he ever did I would never talk to him again!!!! You are giving yourself and your children a horrible situation being with a loser dirt bag like that. You have NOTHING to prove to him.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is how my ex husband was and he would constantly put me down and was very verbally abusive towards me. Now that we are divorced, I can see how much happier I am not constantly having to apologize for every little thing I do. I can just be ME!!! We had a daughter together, but you should never feel like you have to stay in a bad relationship just because you have children. They will be much better off not seeing all the drama. I do not want my daughter to think it is okay for men to treat a woman that way. This is why I am setting a good example for her about how strong her mommy can be!!
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    and this is why i dont have a husband...
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options
    We aren't married.. Engaged.

And I think I might have to go find myself a wife :-P
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    A**hole - tell him to support ya or you will prove him right and find a hottie to share your hot body with :smile:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'll Bet ya 5 bucks he is cheating on you and is afraid you will do the same.
    He wants to keep you fat and insecure so he can continue.

Dump the idiot right now.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    He sounds jealous and insecure. Jealous in the fact that you're taking steps to become healthier, and insecure because he's worried you're going to find someone much better than him. Keep your head up, don't let anyone deter you from achieving your goals. You can do it
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OMG get out now! I agree w/previous poster to get out, no one should be treated w/such disrespect and hulimilation! Please don't think he will change, they seldom do. My husband is great and supportive so there are still good men out there. Please get out!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I'll Bet ya 5 bucks he is cheating on you and is afraid you will do the same.
    He wants to keep you fat and insecure so he can continue.

Dump the idiot right now.

^^^ This right here...

My ex said crap like that to me all of the time and guess what? he WAS cheating...