where are my nerds?!?!?

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    My Mum is 72 and we still have great discussions about Star Trek, DS9, Voyager, SG1 Firefly, Castle, Chuck, Burn Notice, Chris Woodings books (Retribution Falls etc).

I got her into Victorian Steam punk novels and she buys me dvd box sets!

She's one cool nerdy Mum!

I have 4 nerdy children one is 20 and his girl friend bought him a Star Wars Lego Millenium Falcon for his birthday (so we have converted her too!)

Oh and I run a game shop ie RPG's Magic the Gathering etc etc etc, (I have mentioned this in other posts and I don't want to bore people).
  • frando
    frando Posts: 584 Member
    Forgot to add Elder Scrolls (not had a chance with Skyrim due to many stupid reasons but once the price falls again its MINE O_O), LOTRs, Yu Gi Oh the card game (I've only been in one actual tourment but came 9th about 20!), I knit - a lot (I've just finished a baby 'poncho' for my soon to be niece) and I'm a bit of a make up geek, too!

I am one of the few, as it now seems apparent, that likes the Big Bang Theory but I'm a comedy fan and I do appreciate the widen vocabulary, I do love re-runs of Fraiser too <3

To me being a geek is just getting really involved with what you love, to the point of obsession even, no matter what that is- I may be a gym geek soon xD
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member

To me being a geek is just getting really involved with what you love, to the point of obsession even, no matter what that is- I may be a gym geek soon xD

That is true. My current obsession is fitness training.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm dorky, nerdy, geeky, etc.
    I also crush on dorky, nerdy, geeky.

HHGTTG, Gaming (currently Battlefield, Minecraft and Bittrip runner.. I love indie games a lot t00), Computers, Music (mostly punk, ska and indie), Books, fiction.

I'm always looking for friends on here, so add me if you like! :D

Also, you should all check out Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood if you like a futuristic apocalyptic style novel.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Really?! No other Larping nerds around today? Is that too far over the nerd line?

I have been to Mutant Chronicles and Fallout Larps if that makes it any cooler ;-) lol
  • diadojikohei
    Really?! No other Larping nerds around today? Is that too far over the nerd line?

I have been to Mutant Chronicles and Fallout Larps if that makes it any cooler ;-) lol
    I prefer my role play indoors out of the rain with a handful of dice lots of snacks and a beer! (this may be the reason I need to lose 16 pounds! lol!)
  • frando
    frando Posts: 584 Member
    Always wanted to give LARPing a go actually o_O
  • diadojikohei
    Always wanted to give LARPing a go actually o_O
    Are you in the UK?
    Try Chislehurst Caves, regular LARPing events are held there, look out for Dragon meet it's a con for Role players in the UK.
    :smile:
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Nah, in the rain, mud, painted green and being walloped with foam weapons are where its at!

Chizelhurst caves.. hmm, that would be labyrinthe im guessing- good, but expensive :-)
    There are great larps all over the country :-)
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Mostly a techno geek here, but also love superheroes and Lord of the Rings (even have 5 LOTR themed tattoos on my left arm, with more to come).
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds! :op

I'm a geek, nerd, gamer, sci-fi-loving, sun-avoiding ball of geeky-nerdiness, and very proud of it :oD
    Haha!

Feel free to add me fellow geek/nerd types :)
  • lookinglasslass
    lookinglasslass Posts: 27 Member
    I guess I'm a bit of a geek.
    I'm a massive Buffy fan (still!) and Star Trek, Firefly, Fringe, Grimm, or pretty much anything with vampires, witches or werewolves in (however terrible it is).
    For books I love Hitchhikers Guide (the first is my go to book), anything by Terry Pratchett, love HP (was so excited when I got to go to Universal for New Year's this year, Butterbeer is to die for!)
    For games I love Residents Evil, Assassins Creed, Portal, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda series.
    But my true geekyness is in my work. I do Finance Applications - which basically is like an evil cross between Accounting and IT!
    I am also very proud of my I :heart: Spreadsheets mug!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    I'm a massive Buffy fan (still!)

Me too! It's on every day at 5pm here. I record it, and watch it every night with my dinner. I swear I have seen every episode 20 times.
    love HP (was so excited when I got to go to Universal for New Year's this year, Butterbeer is to die for!)

I was there 18 months ago, and wished they sold butter beer in bottles that you could take home. It was awesome!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Looks to be some good nerds here.

Loving this thread, haha.

Need moarrr neerrdddd!
  • darrensurrey
    Nah, in the rain, mud, painted green and being walloped with foam weapons are where its at!

Chizelhurst caves.. hmm, that would be labyrinthe im guessing- good, but expensive :-)
    There are great larps all over the country :-)

:-D I did enjoy larp at uni. I still have a couple of foam swords I made!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    I never got into star wars or novels that involved wands or secret passages to fantasy lands, however I'm a computer nerd. I wanted to call my son Linux that has to account for something lol
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    I'm a nerd!!! Nerds Rock!!
  • darrensurrey
    I never got into star wars or novels that involved wands or secret passages to fantasy lands, however I'm a computer nerd. I wanted to call my son Linux that has to account for something lol

Try Linus. ;)
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    I honestly never considered myself a nerd ..... until I read this topic!

I AM SO A NERD!!!

and proud of it :D