Open Relationships?

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    my wife and I have done open before and swinging. we like both just requires alot of honesty and understanding of the love the has has for the other.
    Swinging doesnt always end badly. I used to know an older swinger couple. But that is anecdotal.

I have good friends that have been swinging for 15 years, it works. just curious how many of us swing out of the closet?
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    And no wonder why people think marriage is a joke these days.....
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    An open relationship and swinging are totally different things, I know people in both situations, and i don't think an open relationship works, this to me is where the couple can do what they want, so if out an a guy chats up the girl then she can say i'm in an open relationship and do what she wants, and so can the man. This can lead to feelings, relationships developing outside your own relationship causing problems, insecurity and i don't think it can work.

With swinging its something you do together, the couple i know go to clubs and do not do it with people they know, they don't even keep in touch with any of the people they meet, they do it once in a while, go have fun, leave and it keeps things exciting for them but no feelings get involved its just sex. they have a really good relationship and i don't think it would work for everyone and you have to have rules you are both happy with before you decide to give it a go, but it can be really good for a relationship if you both want to do it and are secure with each other.

Just saying : )

Going to clubs ( even swinging clubs) is not being in the lifestyle. In the lifestyle you keep in contact, and get to be friends. You have BBQ in the afternoon, then put all kids in bed and then have sex. You invite your "lifestyle" friends at your kid"s birthday party.

I never said anything about being 'in the lifestyle' i was just pointing out that an open relationship is different to swinging. Like i said my close friend does it and they have a very strong secure relationship, and they would never cheat on each other, they don't tell anyone except very close friends they do it because people assume they both just go around sleeping with everyone and are unfaithful, when they are not, its something they choose to do together.

They have a family and no they don't keep in touch with people or do anything at home around their children, because its their sex life, its the secretes they find exciting and thats their business.

Also swinging doesn't always mean full swinging, she never does anything with another man, she is bisexual and only sleeps with other women and he joins in and that suits them . I have never judged and i say live and let live they are not hurting anyone and have a great relationship, and you'd never guess or know they did it.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that those who promote "the lifestyle" make sure their kids and family know nothing about it.

Why not? If you are so secure in your lifestyle, what's there to hide from those who are closest to you. Live out loud.

It's easy to come on a forum, hide behind anonymity and talk about hooking up with other couples.

This is a pretty weak argument does your family know all about your sex life?

Exactly lol. None of my family or close friends needs or gets details of my personal and sexual relationship. What part of "mind your own business" do people not get?

yeah i can be in a traditonal marrige and still the kids an family do not need to know mommy dress up like a clown and spanks daddy with wet spaghetti noodles......not that i do that or anything

No clowns Vixen.... just, no.

Really though, why hasn't this thread ended yet?

8140evil-clowns-posters4.jpg

Oh my god, the clowns are going to eat me, help, help, the clowns are coming to eat me. *kitten* better bring a BIG fork.

Well, I'm glad I didn't see this before trying to sleep!
  • do what you want ...
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    In the past, I was the "other" person in the swinging relationship. I enjoyed it all. I was single and didn't have to deal with the stress of my husband or wife being with another person. As a married woman I would NEVER persue this avenue of spicing up my marriage. I am a jealous person and feel that I am special enough in all ways that my husband does not have a need to spice it up.
    To each his own though, just becareful...being honest and upfront about your fantasies is one thing..a whole nother can of worms doing it.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    just curious, swinging isn't for everyone I hate the term but I do love my husband, but sex is just sex, just curious if anyone has been doing it and had it work for a while?
    I know a couple and it works great for them. They dont do together, but he has his and she has hers. The only rule is that don't hide anything.