Freakin Deadlifts

Options

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all.

The kids got a kick out of the growling. I have to watch my mouth with the yelling at the bar if they're here while I'm lifting. We're fixin to move into a regular neighborhood where we'll have neighbors so I need to get the yelling and roaring out of my system in the next week or so.

I definitely think yelling at the weights makes a difference.

Ha, the need to grunt and yell only gets worse as the weight goes up my friend. :)
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I finally did my first couple of barbell deadlifts on Saturday. Tried 185lbs at first with success, then tried 235lbs, also with success. These are definitely going to become a more common thing in my workouts.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Ha, the need to grunt and yell only gets worse as the weight goes up my friend. :)
    Yeah, that's what I'm finding. I'll have to see if it's addressed in the HOA regulations.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I finally did my first couple of barbell deadlifts on Saturday. Tried 185lbs at first with success, then tried 235lbs, also with success. These are definitely going to become a more common thing in my workouts.
    [cmburns]Excellent[/cmburns]
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm finding. I'll have to see if it's addressed in the HOA regulations.

Just put a "Beware of Dog" sign up and nobody will question it. LOL
  • sjohnny
    Options

"Yeah, HOA guy, that growling was my dog"
    "Was your dog in the garage yelling 'Yeah, Mother******!'?"
    "Yup. That was the dog."
    "Okay then"
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I do have to say, 235 was a pretty taxing one repper for me, I will likely be keeping multiple-rep sets down in the upper hundreds for now.. but with the right form there's too much good about deadlifting to spurn them!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

"Yup. That was the dog."
    "Okay then"

Love it. Nice work on the deads. There progressing nicely.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Thanks! Every time I do them I just love them more. Even last week when I could only do 3 of my 5 reps I still felt good after.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts too!!!

Does anyone have a good you tube link to show me so I can make sure I"m doing them right. Pretty sure I am as in college a trainer (who was in college to be in sports medicine) showed me how to do them.

THANKS!!
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    Love/hate relationship with deadlifts. I can do 105lbs, (I weigh 135), and my legs KILL for the next few days - which seriously puts a damper on my running schedule. But yet, I do them once a week!:heart:

Running + deadlifts = tricky balance!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I love deadlifts too!!!

Does anyone have a good you tube link to show me so I can make sure I"m doing them right. Pretty sure I am as in college a trainer (who was in college to be in sports medicine) showed me how to do them.

THANKS!!
    These helped me a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX8jgCFXYTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Thanks! Every time I do them I just love them more. Even last week when I could only do 3 of my 5 reps I still felt good after.

I just freakin love deadlifts. There my fav. ROAR.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts too!!!

THANKS!!
    These helped me a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX8jgCFXYTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA

Thanks, I will watch these later.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

"Yup. That was the dog."
    "Okay then"

Too funny!!

I've been training my wife for about a month now and yesterday she was doing her deads with 90 lbs ( a lot for her). She got in the starting position, gripped the bar, and gave out a little growl when she broke the bar off the floor. Sexiest thing I think I've ever seen!! :heart: Sure love that woman!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I've been training my wife for about a month now and yesterday she was doing her deads with 90 lbs ( a lot for her). She got in the starting position, gripped the bar, and gave out a little growl when she broke the bar off the floor. Sexiest thing I think I've ever seen!! :heart: Sure love that woman!

That's outstanding!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

"Yup. That was the dog."
    "Okay then"

Too funny!!

Both stories rock lol.

I'm coming to realize, I couldn't love a woman who wouldn't meet the challenge of deadlifting head on. I don't care if it's 45lbs, or 450lbs (ok...maybe not 450lbs...that...would make me seriously nervous lol).

Oh, got 320lbs x 4 yesterday.

Freakin deadlifts!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are one thing that make me feel like a super strong woman :) My highest PR is 250. I haven't done any heavy ones in a little over a year though so not sure where I'd be at now.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Friday is supposed to be deadlift day but we're moving so I'm thinking I will be getting enough lifting in. I'm sad. I may need to load up a bar and do one just to do it but I really think I need to skip it. Due to circumstances and BS I'm basically moving a three bedroom house and workshop for a family of four by myself (my wife will help too) so there will actually probably be a LOT of deadlifting over the next two days even if it's not a barbell. I'm not running today either.