• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a cup of tea

Snack: Dannon Activia yogurt

Lunch: Smart Ones Ravioli meal and an orange

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Not sure yet. I took out pork chops but I probably won't eat those. My husband and son like them a different way then I do. I will probably eat the sides that I make and leave out the pork chop. Anyone have any good pork chop recipes?
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    B: Shredded wheat w/1% milk
    S: dry cheerios
    L: Chicken vegetable soup
    S: dry cheerios
    D: Fire grilled salmon, sauteed spinach, spicy rice

Kickboxing at lunch.
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Caliecat,

We have lots of snow here in UK (they are saying it's our worst winter in 30 years) although it's starting to thaw now...don't think I could post enough to you to build a snowman lol !

What are flax muffins? I have never heard of them and wonder if they are called something different over here??
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Caliecat,

We have lots of snow here in UK (they are saying it's our worst winter in 30 years) although it's starting to thaw now...don't think I could post enough to you to build a snowman lol !

What are flax muffins? I have never heard of them and wonder if they are called something different over here??

Flax muffins is made of ground flax seeds. They are made without white or aanykind of flour and surpose to be will good for you. Help you lose weight. Here is a link you can go to and they have some recipes and tell you all the benefit of flax seeds..-Marie

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/flaxinfo.htm
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: 4 0z. light Yogurt w/ 1/2 cup Fiber One original cereal
    Lunch: Sashimi (tuna and smoked salmon with squid) and Sushi (only ate the rice from two pieces)
    Dinner: Eggplant Fries, chicken wings, Mexican layer dip and chips - 1600 calories OOPS! plus a bottle of red wine...

Today:
    Breakfast: Half an apple
    Lunch: mixed greens salad with 1 TB blue cheese, one chopped date, 4 oz. roast chicken, dressed with flax seed oil and vinegar.
    Dinner: 1 oz. cheddar cheese 1/2 bottle of red wine
    Snacks: Sugar Free starlight mints (100 calories for six)
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

This is a fun Post! I like reading other people's b/c I get bored so easy with the same foods!

B: One cup of Kashi Good Friends Cereal 46% fiber, one cup skim milk, and one string cheese stick (mozzarella)

L: One Medium Orange Fruit and than one can of (2 cups) Campbells Savory Pot Roast Soup

D: Tuna Sandwich with swiss cheese and baked asparagus in the oven baked with olive oil and salt.

S: Apple

Oh and of course, lots of coffee (black), herbal tea, and diet pop throughout the day :)

Have a good day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: 4 0z. light Yogurt w/ 1/2 cup Fiber One original cereal
    Lunch: Sashimi (tuna and smoked salmon with squid) and Sushi (only ate the rice from two pieces)
    Dinner: Eggplant Fries, chicken wings, Mexican layer dip and chips - 1600 calories OOPS! plus a bottle of red wine...

Today:
    Breakfast: Half an apple
    Lunch: mixed greens salad with 1 TB blue cheese, one chopped date, 4 oz. roast chicken, dressed with flax seed oil and vinegar.
    Dinner: 1 oz. cheddar cheese 1/2 bottle of red wine
    Snacks: Sugar Free starlight mints (100 calories for six)

would love to know more about the eggplant fries. sounds so good
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    I had a birthday party at our house last night and the birthday boy requested "bar food". I knew he loved wings so that was the main dish, I baked the wings and had several warm pots with various sauces in them like 'hot sauce' and 'garlic Parmesan', teriyaki etc so that party guests could get a plate of wings then toss them with the sauce they liked the best (that way I didn't make to many of one kind and not enough of another!) I also made up some frozen store bought appetizers.

For the only food item that wasn't HORRIBLE for us, I plugged in our little deep fryer and used canola oil. I am a little cheap, so I bought the cheapest version of yams at the store ($1.29 a pound). After washing them I used a heavy knife to (with the skins on) cut each potato length wise into slabs about 1/4 inch or less thick. Then I turned half onto the flat side and cut lengthwise again to make the fries 1/4 inch thick (or less) not worrying about the little pieces or sides etc.. I fired a yam's worth of fries at a time and then sprinkled them with a little salt and served them with lite ranch dressing for dipping. YUM YUM YUM!!!

To get the timing right I just tasted a little of a fry as they went - most of my guests like them more on the done side. All my guests loved them - they were the second favorite to the wings!

EDITED TO ADD EGG PLANT FRIES INFO!

I am still working on the egg plant fries but they work best if you bread them before you deep fry them. I've julienned them, soaked them in a little water for about 5 minutes then dried them on paper towels. Dip in a batter (Japanese tempura) then drop into the deep fryer (or a pan of HOT oil). When they're crisp, serve with a dipping sauce of low-fat mayo with some horse radish in it.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 slice light cheese, 1 whole scrambled egg, 3 tbs. egg whites, all on multi-grain English muffin

Lunch: pb&j and a mini bag of popcorn

Snack: banana, maybe a skinny cow truffle bar

Dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup, 2 wheat thin flatbreads, 1 laughing cow herb and cheese
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 slice light cheese, 1 whole scrambled egg, 3 tbs. egg whites, all on multi-grain English muffin

Lunch: pb&j and a mini bag of popcorn

Snack: banana, maybe a skinny cow truffle bar

Dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup, 2 wheat thin flatbreads, 1 laughing cow herb and cheese

Menu sounds good. Look like you are pretty close to goal
    Marie
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie, I'll check it out - anything new to try is exciting..esp if it helps with the battle of the bulge !
    Take care,
    Gail x
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good morning all on this wonderful Saturday.

Breakfast:heart: flax muffin, cottage cheese, and 1/4 cantalope

Lunch :heart: Homemade chicken soup flax muffin

Supper:heart: grilled turkey buger on a flax muffin with lettuce and tomatoes, roasted turnips:heart:

Snack:heart: fruits and veggies if needed.

Marie
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    I am pretty close to goal and I'm excited!! Now my goal is to get toned, even if I never make it to 140.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup rolled oats made with water, 1 tbs. honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, some granola crumbled on top

Lunch: pepper turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, light mayo, on a 7 grain deli flat, baby carrots

Dinner: homemade sloppy joe on a deli flat, baked fries, side salad with 1 tbs. Garlic Expressions dressing (amazing!)

Snack: Going to attempt my first homemade smoothie: 1 c. frozen strawberries, 1/2 c. Oikos greek yogurt, a splash of orange mango juice, some honey if it needs it. I'm excited about this one! Just wish I had some flax seed or something to add...
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am pretty close to goal and I'm excited!! Now my goal is to get toned, even if I never make it to 140.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup rolled oats made with water, 1 tbs. honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, some granola crumbled on top

Lunch: pepper turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, light mayo, on a 7 grain deli flat, baby carrots

Dinner: homemade sloppy joe on a deli flat, baked fries, side salad with 1 tbs. Garlic Expressions dressing (amazing!)

Snack: Going to attempt my first homemade smoothie: 1 c. frozen strawberries, 1/2 c. Oikos greek yogurt, a splash of orange mango juice, some honey if it needs it. I'm excited about this one! Just wish I had some flax seed or something to add...

ground flats seed s would make it more healthy than it is already. ..............MARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello this fine sunday afternoon.

Breakfast 1 scramble egg beater, 1 flax muffin, coffee

lunch cheese burger with flax bun diet pepsi

supper grill chicken and brocoli

Snacks fruit and veggies

Marie
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    What does flax seed taste like? If you can even taste it..I have been thinking about buying some for awhile to add to yogurt and such. What other things can you add it to?
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    I use flax seed oil on my salads with balsamic vinegar. The oil tastes odd but you start to love it after awhile! You won't notice it on a salad - just maybe a nutty flavor! The oil doesn't last long so I only keep a few oz. made up at a time, in the refrigerator at work. about 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 oil with a little squirt of mustard to help it mix. My co-workers LOVE it and always beg to use it :love:

Today's meals:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup cottage 2% cottage cheese with 1/4 cup wild blue berries and a cup of hot green chai, no milk.

snack - small apple

Lunch - Chicken soup - 1 cup low fat home made chicken broth, 3 oz. roasted chicken, 3 roasted garlic cloves and Iced green chai

Dinner - Chicken melt made with two slices of double fiber bread, two slices of swiss cheese, 3 oz. roasted chicken, 1 TB chipoltle sauce, grilled with olive oil (rather than buttering the bread). Glass of red wine.

last Snack - backed yam w/ molly mcbutter and cinnamon and a glass of red wine!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Breakfast - 2 Eggs, 3 Bacon, 1/2 c. Low-fat Cottage Cheese

Lunch - Tuna Melt (whole wheat bread, fat-free cheddar, tomato slices), no sugar added Jell-O Pudding

Dinner - 1/2 Red Baron Frenchbread Pizza, 2 1/2 cups of Caesar Lite Salad (no cheese)

Snacks - 1 c. canteloups, Milano 100-calorie pack, Skinny Cow PB Ice Cream Sandwich

Not the healthiest day.. a lot of processed food. But still under calories & fat, and only went over sodium a little bit.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So nice to have your husband on this journey with you. Good luck to both of you.

Marie
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Breakfast: Lenders onion bagel with very little butter

Snack: Special K protein shake

Lunch: Healthy Choice meal

Snack: Orange

Dinner: Not sure yet. I took out chicken but I'm not sure how I am going to make it.