Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Replies

• harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Also, my grandmother wanted to send me to Italy to marry me off when I was a teen, but my parents wouldn't allow it.

My father and I have birthdays on the 14th, and my stepmom and her daughter have birthdays on the 16th - but none of us share the same month. I just always thought that was neat.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Every time I hear about someone who is suicidal on a blogging site I go on a lot, I'm always first to ask people to send them love and to beg them not to do it. I feel like I do it for the wrong reasons, though. I do it because I feel guilty for not reaching a friend in time a few years ago. They're gone now.

That hit home for me. Same thing happened with my little brother last year in May, I still feel guilty to this day......... :cry:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Also, my grandmother wanted to send me to Italy to marry me off when I was a teen, but my parents wouldn't allow it.

My father and I have birthdays on the 14th, and my stepmom and her daughter have birthdays on the 16th - but none of us share the same month. I just always thought that was neat.

My birthday is march 6 and my father in laws is march 7, my husbands birthday is april 11 and my fathers is april 10, I always thought that was neat too... and my brothers name is shane, and my husbands sisters name is shanella... ;-)
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    My birthday is August 16
    My husband's birthday is November 5
    Our daughters birthday is August 5
    Our son's birthday is November 16

Our daughter was born 10:23 am
    Our son was born 10:23 pm
    Both had to be taken by ambulance to a NICU and both had a spinal tap when they were only 2 days old.

I show dairy cows

I was 16 when I found out I was adopted. My older cousin got mad at me over something and told me I was adopted to hurt me. I asked my parents and my mother flew apart and I thought she was going to literally kill someone.

My husband is 16 years older than me.

I can't stand the sounds of styrofoam and cotton balls being squished.
  • Inyosi
    Inyosi Posts: 19
    I was the receptionist at an 'Adult Entertainment Agency '. Which basically means I answered the phone for those personal ads in the newspapers for every type of "company" you were looking for. There was 50 different ads with different numbers that were all routed to a sketchy office building. Guys would call the number, tell me what kind of "date" they were looking for, I'd check the "roster" of available women that night and set it up with her and the drivers.

You'd be amazed at how busy that place was every night of the week.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    This isn't MY life, but brother's so close enough. LOL

But he was born in Japan. My friend was born here in the U.S. on the same exact day/year, etc. But I told him my brother is techinally a day older than him because of the time difference.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    I was told I couldn't have children my whole life due to past medical issues. Despite being careful (for reasons other than pregnancy) I became pregnant. It was so surprising that my doctor couldn't figure out why I was so so sick until I was 5 months. He was convinced I had a tumor in my brain and was going to start me on heavy duty medication and chemo. My mother was the one who suggested a preg. test.

My daughter was born a very healthy baby.
    She was born at 6:10
    She weighed 7lbs 11 ounces
    and her birthday is 8 12 (aug 12)

Despite trying, I have never been able to get pregnant again, and can honestly say she is my miracle baby.
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    When I was 15, I met Beyoncé and she sneezed on me (RUDE). I had to miss the school water sports trip two days later, because I had the cold.

Before I was 25 I had lived in 4 different cities in 4 different countries (excluding my home city of Belfast): Dublin, Ireland; Paris, France (I have lived there twice now); Amsterdam; the Netherlands (perhaps my personal fave); and Sydney, Australia.

I went to universities in Dublin, Paris and Amsterdam, and completed my studies in all three (in law)- but was still turned down for a job at McDonalds.

I have a 25 year old stuffed animal called Puffa (he was a Puffalump) that has now taken on the shape of a dirty dishcloth. Puffa was given to me as a woman, but when I was about 8 I began to realise he wasn't at all happy living that lifestyle, so I threw away (lost) his dress and he has been happily living as a male ever since. We share a bed every night- and no I am not single. My boyfriend of 6 years gets to go to bed with him every night, too. I once lost Puffa in Amsterdam, so I wrote an obituary for him on Facebook. It got 159 likes. (I got him back in the end)
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    18 years ago I was in a Playgirl magazine.
  • My husband and I met through a personal ad. I had several responses, and he was the only one I called back. Dated for 3 months, and got engaged. The date of our first date was 5/17/97. We had our first child together on 5/17/01. Once we started talking about our lives when we were dating, we realized we just missed meeting each other on various occasions (same place, same time...concerts mostly). My cousin worked with him at the Adler Planetarium and I remember going to a sky show where he was the narrator (he has a distinctive voice). Our maternal grandparents all have the same first names (Barbara & Joseph). Lots of coincidences.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Due to the right genes being mixed, I am the "mutant" of both sides of the family. From one side I got height (all the men are between 5'10" and 6'1"), and from the other, heavy build (try to imagine 5'6" and below, but 3' wide and packs on muscle easily). And I took both to the next level - I'm the tallest and the biggest of both sides. My parents (5'6" each of them) and I get jokes about mix ups at the hospital, genetic experiment, etc.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    I've had a mamogram
  • Mine's been pretty boring; so I'll hang up and listen.

bet its not as boring as mine :(
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    I'v been resuscitated.

What was that like?

I don't remember it because I was young and dumb. I overdosed and woke up in the hospital 3 days later where they told me about it. Lots of residual rib pain (CPR breaks ribs) but I learned from it and NEVER touched another drug, stopped smoking and drinking. Now I am a nurse who takes care of people who are detoxing.

Wow, that's amazing that your tragedy helped you find a calling that blesses others - your patients have a nurse that can understand.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    i won the iowa state science fair in 8th grade

i go to the ER yearly for something. broken leg, broken arm, broken collar bone, bruised elbow, IUD perforation, food poisoning, passing out, to name a few.

I had the start of cervical cancer. Doctor said if i hadnt gone in for annual pap i would have had cancer within the next 6 months.
  • I spent last night searching a Storm Water Management pond for a 9 foot python that was reportedly dumped in it. People call me like that crazy guy on TV when they have snake problems!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    I have been a registered nurse since age 19:love:

me too :)
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    I spent last night searching a Storm Water Management pond for a 9 foot python that was reportedly dumped in it. People call me like that crazy guy on TV when they have snake problems!

OMG - I could NEVER do what you do.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I can't STAND regualr Mt. Dew... I'm told that's pretty odd.
    I don't like Mt. Dew...any of it.
    Lol, something about it is just weird. I think the bright neon green color of it freaks me out as well as the taste of sugar dumped in seltzer water... just can't stand it. The red is ok, but I get sick if I drink too much. Blue is my fave though. But again... small doses. My bf can drink Mt. Dew like it's nothing... and I get a bit sick watching him do that.
    I don't like the taste of it. I can drink a bit of the red, but usually don't.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot, agent orange, Vietnam war issues passed down to me!
    I also only have acne on my shoulders (SOOOO ANNOYING :mad: )
    I'm pretty book smart...but have no common sense....at all.lol.