Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian.

Meat is NEVER healthy. Most meat eaters trick themselves into believing that's not true. But it's just a myth that meat farmers try to make you believe. So that you buy their meat. So that they still earn money.

And people who say "you can't live without meat where I am" ... yes ... you can. Your local stores don't have beans and veggies? Really? If they don't, you probably aren't getting a balanced diet anyway.

Also ... keep in mind ... that when you're eating meat, you are promoting DEATH. Tell me this ... why should an animal be killed and tortured just so you can have some tasty food? Why are you so much better than that animal? Why can't you get that delicious taste somewhere else? (Ex. veggie burgers, veggie chicken, veggie sausages, etc. ... trust me, they ARE available ... and DELICIOUS at that)

Yeah, I feel pretty strongly about being a vegetarian. Maybe it's just because I have empathy and actually feel sorry for things that die?
    I'm working on becoming a vegan. I don't eat eggs but I do eat some milk products on occasion. Very rarely though. Working to cut it out completely!

Oh here we go...LOL I eat meat and I don't feel that I am "promoting DEATH" I actually find that quite humorous...do you believe that other meat eating animals are "promoting death" as well?

I am an equal opportunity omnivore: I like red meat, fish, chicken, seafood, game. I was raised in a household where all we ate (meat wise) was game that my father hunted...deer, moose, elk, bear and RARELY had beef.

I don't "feel sorry" for animals/people that die, death is part of the natural life cycle. I do however feel sorry for animals/people/anything that suffers. Meat can be obtained humanely...just sayin'
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian.

Meat is NEVER healthy. Most meat eaters trick themselves into believing that's not true. But it's just a myth that meat farmers try to make you believe. So that you buy their meat. So that they still earn money.

And people who say "you can't live without meat where I am" ... yes ... you can. Your local stores don't have beans and veggies? Really? If they don't, you probably aren't getting a balanced diet anyway.

Also ... keep in mind ... that when you're eating meat, you are promoting DEATH. Tell me this ... why should an animal be killed and tortured just so you can have some tasty food? Why are you so much better than that animal? Why can't you get that delicious taste somewhere else? (Ex. veggie burgers, veggie chicken, veggie sausages, etc. ... trust me, they ARE available ... and DELICIOUS at that)

Yeah, I feel pretty strongly about being a vegetarian. Maybe it's just because I have empathy and actually feel sorry for things that die?
    I'm working on becoming a vegan. I don't eat eggs but I do eat some milk products on occasion. Very rarely though. Working to cut it out completely!

Do you ignorantly oppose scientific research as well because it "promotes DEATH".
    Meat is protein, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that protein had become unhealthy.
    Aren't plants also living things, "why are you so much better than a" plant.
    Everything in moderation is healthy, and everything in excess has its adverse effects, there's NOTHING wrong in eating either diet
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I became a vegetarian in June, 1973, so it's closing in on 40 years of eating this way. I am mostly vegan, and have two young adult children who are healthy and have been vegetarian since birth.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian.

Do you ignorantly oppose scientific research as well because it "promotes DEATH".
    Meat is protein, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that protein had become unhealthy.
    Aren't plants also living things, "why are you so much better than a" plant.
    Everything in moderation is healthy, and everything in excess has its adverse effects, there's NOTHING wrong in eating either diet

I'll take picking a tomato over this any day: http://www.cok.net/californiacows/
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    Why are you so much better than that animal?

I can create art, literature and music? I have the ability to act with reason instead of instinct? I can cure diseases and show compassion to those less fortunate? In fact it's that very compassion that you feel for animals that make you so much better than them. It's sad in this society where we think ourselves no better than a chicken or a cow.

Cue the YouTube video of the elephant painting in his pen.
  • kateguy1981
    kateguy1981 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat but I try and make sure I get all my nutients through the food I eat and monitor it I don't think it really matters which you are you can be healthy with any of the diets. I know when I started eating meat in the past I piled on weight so I do think vegetarianism suits me but each to there own you have to find what suits you x:happy:
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    im a vegetarian but i will eat fish a few times a year IF it is fresh from the harbor or a friend. i will not eat it if i don't know where it comes from
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BTW...meat "farmers" are called ranchers in my world ;)
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Vegan. It's called "compassion" and "non-violence" and I strongly believe in it. Gives me a clear conscience AND a clean colon. Win/win! :wink:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    After nearly a decade of vegetarianism, I went vegan two years ago and never looked back. It was definitely the healthiest change I could make for my soul :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I only eat red meat once or twice a week. Otherwise it's fish and chicken only.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Vegan. For ethical reasons and for health reasons :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE MEATS!

Ok, that's all the screaming I'm going to do. But I was vegetarian for a couple years in high school, and recently I went vegan for about two weeks. A life without cheese isn't worth living, imo.
  • dawnal1028
    dawnal1028 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol. This is going to become a very dramatic board very soon...

I'm a pescatarian. I eat fish, but otherwise vegetarian. And I only eat fish like 1-2x a week.

I am not a doctor. But I feel better eating this way. It forces me to avoid certain unhealthy foods (I'm looking at you, Wendy's..) and it makes me eat a lot more fresh produce.

And I don't care if people eat meat, as long as they don't care that I don't.

Sounds like me! I became vegan last November because of health concerns. I read Dr. Neal Barnard's book and decided I was going to jump in and go for it all. I quickly lost 15 pounds without even any exercise, and I felt SO much better. For the last few months, my husband and I have added fish maybe once or twice a week, so on those days we are not totally vegan. Otherwise, it's no meat (which I do not miss), and no dairy. Some people I know think I should just go ahead and go back to eating meat but this is a lifestyle, and lifetime, change for me. :happy:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Vegan. It's called "compassion" and "non-violence" and I strongly believe in it. Gives me a clear conscience AND a clean colon. Win/win! :wink:

I have to say, that you could certainly word that to sound less self-righteous. Very off-putting.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    meat eater all the way here.
  • Mahragha
    Mahragha Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Meat eater all the way
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Proud omnivore. I eat anything I want. :happy:
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Carnivore here.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Meat all the way for me.

Great source of protein for my diet.

It's all on personal preference. For me it's meat, and normally with every meal.