As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan

Options

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    still think the OPTIMAL human diet includes very little, if any, animal products.

optimal for what though?
    Optimal for life. Longevity, cognitive ability, athletic ability, etc. Just about every aspect of life improves when you make the switch to whole foods, plant based diet.

then what are my boobs for again?

ROFL...THAT was an AWESOME answer...I don't care what side you're on...gotta give props there.
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options

That sweet cuddly cat you're kissing in your profile pic? It would eat the *kitten* out of a mouse or a bird and not even think twice about it.
    THANK you.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    still think the OPTIMAL human diet includes very little, if any, animal products.

optimal for what though?
    Optimal for life. Longevity, cognitive ability, athletic ability, etc. Just about every aspect of life improves when you make the switch to whole foods, plant based diet.

ROFL...THAT was an AWESOME answer...I don't care what side you're on...gotta give props there.

It was a stupid answer seemingly unrelated to anything. She might as well have posted "I like the colour pink!"
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I haven't come across a single good reason for going vegan.

Not even animal welfare, the environment or health benefits?

Those are the best reasons to becoming a vegan.
    I'm a new vegan for 3 days now, and I feel healthier than ever.
    Best decision for the life of the animals and for mine. :flowerforyou:
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

That sweet cuddly cat you're kissing in your profile pic? It would eat the *kitten* out of a mouse or a bird and not even think twice about it.
    THANK you.

Um, it's a cat. What does that have to do with humans?
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too! Wish my husband would stop grilling and panfrying his meat or just give it up altogether
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

optimal for what though?

It was a stupid answer seemingly unrelated to anything. She might as well have posted "I like the colour pink!"

lol someone draw this poor girl a diagram and help her understand.
  • SexyBoomer
    Options

optimal for what though?

HAHAHAHAHA

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Now you are making a different argument. Although, I still don't agree. First you said no meat. Now you're saying increase fruits and veggies.

You believe what you want. And tell people it works great for you. Just don't expect everyone to jump on your wagon and cheer.
    You don't agree that fruits and vegetables are good for you? Wow. Good luck to you.

Thanks, but I don't really need. I'm doing very well. Happy, healthy, my doctor says I'm the picture of health. Huh, without following stupid rules.

And once again, you're changing your argument.

1st--no meat
    2nd--increase fruits and veggies
    3rd--fruits and veggies are good for you.

Sure, they're good for you--although some will argue that fruits are not good for. But, not everyone will feel better when they eat them.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

optimal for what though?

if you can't connect the dots on that one, then i think you just showed everyone how much credit we should give your posts.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

optimal for what though?

It was actually a perfectly fitting answer. Women's boobs produce milk. Milk is an animal product which is not used by most vegans. Therefore, if eating animals products is not necessary, why do humans produce it?
  • UrbanWild
    Options
    Unfortunately for us--and the mice--they feed them huge quantites to speed up the results. Not very scientific. I can see the argument against meat because of cruelty, but not anything that's done in a lab. They can skew the results in any way they choose just to prove their 'theories.'
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You do realize that mice are primarily herbivores? The way their bodies react to meat is very different from how we would react to it.

Why would our bodies react differently? There is a reason mice are used for so much testing. Humans are born herbivores my friend. We just simply choose to ignore what our bodies are designed for in favor of what satisfies our pleasure center. Check out this link:

http://www.waoy.org/26.html
    We are not herbivores at all. We are Omnivores.
    We have teeth that are made for eating "grass" (as it were, I know we don't actually eat it anymore) and also the teeth that are made for chewing meat. I'm not saying therefore we HAVE to eat meat or only vegetation but we are not herbivores.

Each to their own, if a person wants to be a vegan or a paleo etc then that is their decision. I don't want to adopt (please pardon the following phraseology) an extreme diet of any kind. If a person can do well on a vegetarian or vegan diet and their health is good then that is up to them.
    I wasn't particularly suited to a veggie diet (was one for 18 months when I was a teenager), my mother was very careful to ensure that I got plenty of protein from other sources other than meat and I did have a very good diet but it didn't suit me and I was quite often unwell. It doesn't mean that a vegetarian diet makes everyone ill, it just didn't suit me.
    I personally think that as long as you eat the required amount of food groups for a healthy diet then each to their own!
  • SexyBoomer
    Options
    I've been vegan for over 7 years. I've never looked back. Best decision I've ever made, after going vegetarian.

Me too! ignore the others on this site...
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

optimal for what though?

if you can't connect the dots on that one, then i think you just showed everyone how much credit we should give your posts.

Vegans DO breast feed. That's why your idiotic statement makes no sense.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

optimal for what though?

still not understanding lol
  • beckajw
    Options

optimal for what though?

You are arguing in a circle now. Vegans--no animal products including milk. Except for babies???

Makes no sense. So, babies are not "born herbivores"?
  • beckajw
    Options
    I've been vegan for over 7 years. I've never looked back. Best decision I've ever made, after going vegetarian.

Me too! ignore the others on this site...

Wow, rude.

No one ever said it was a bad decision. All we said is that it isn't the ONLY decision.

If you like being vegan and you feel good, then do it! But don't tell someone that eating meat is bad for them. That's just not true. And certainly don't argue we are herbivores. There is a distinct difference between human teeth and the human digestive system and herbivore teeth and digestive system.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

optimal for what though?

You are arguing in a circle now. Vegans--no animal products including milk. Except for babies???

*Sigh* Breast milk comes from a consenting HUMAN.
  • beckajw
    Options

optimal for what though?

*Sigh* Breast milk comes from a consenting HUMAN.

Oh, so not all meat products are bad. If you find a dead animal, then it's okay to eat it, because nature made it dead, not humans?
This discussion has been closed.