Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Adding one from today....

Incline bench press.. .not on my agenda today but I woke up full of power - not sure how else to put it - just felt tough.

Got to the gym... ditched my run for strength training.

Got a lot of upper body stuff done then looked at the press and decided to add it in for the day.

Started at 550 lbs x 10 reps... 640 x 10... 730 x 10. Was going to stop there but I do have a PR of 1000 lbs with only 3 reps. The guy that usually spots me hasn't been around so I've only done it twice. Well I went for it... and I kicked out FIVE great, deep reps at 1000lbs. Felt awesome and this is going to set the precedence for some great things to come this week. I can feel it.

Nice job! How does that compare to the regular leg press machine? I've only tried that one way back.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my latest pr. I don't bench press often (ever lol) but yesterday we did bench presses and I got a 1rm of 105. It sounds small but my arms are so weak so I was happy :bigsmile:

Next step is to hopefully do some unassisted ring dips.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my latest pr. I don't bench press often (ever lol) but yesterday we did bench presses and I got a 1rm of 105. It sounds small but my arms are so weak so I was happy :bigsmile:

A 105lb paused bench is actually quite good for any female. Great work :smile:

The girl that won the novice PL comp I went to last week benched 127lbs.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Happy to say I'm back at the gym after a week off with a neck injury. Not doing upper body today, focused on legs.

I still was quite pleased with my leg press (not the inclined one) I did 2x15 @ 75kg (165lb) and calf presses 2x12 @ 75kg (165lb). Not a PB or anything, but it felt good to get back into the weights :bigsmile:

Awesome work Victoria on the 105 bench! :smile:
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

good job
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options
    Happy to say I'm back at the gym after a week off with a neck injury. Not doing upper body today, focused on legs.

I still was quite pleased with my leg press (not the inclined one) I did 2x15 @ 75kg (165lb) and calf presses 2x12 @ 75kg (165lb). Not a PB or anything, but it felt good to get back into the weights :bigsmile:

Awesome work Victoria on the 105 bench! :smile:

Good for you!!! Still good numbers there
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I STRUGGLED with squats tonight. My PB is 85kg x 5.

Tonight I did two warm-up sets then knocked out 10 at 60kg, but actually grunted on the last two! Not very lady like!! LOL.

I went for a 2nd set of 10 at 60 rather than push for a higher weight. Then when I was walking on the treadmill as my cool down my thighs really felt dead!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So far this week I got PRs on all of my main lifts again:

100 x 4 on bench (finally got a '1' in front - yay)
    145 x 5 on squats (fell on my *kitten* trying for the 6th rep - thank goodness for squats racks and their safety bars!)
    75 x 4 on press

Deadlifts next this week - going for the same weight as my PR but going to try to squeeze more reps out.(last one was 200lb x 3)

PS: sorry for boring the folks on my FL with this again!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Tonight I did two warm-up sets then knocked out 10 at 60kg, but actually grunted on the last two! Not very lady like!! LOL.

I went for a 2nd set of 10 at 60 rather than push for a higher weight. Then when I was walking on the treadmill as my cool down my thighs really felt dead!!
    YES Girl! Woot Woot!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    So far this week I got PRs on all of my main lifts again:

100 x 4 on bench (finally got a '1' in front - yay)
    145 x 5 on squats (fell on my *kitten* trying for the 6th rep - thank goodness for squats racks and their safety bars!)
    75 x 4 on press

Deadlifts next this week - going for the same weight as my PR but going to try to squeeze more reps out.(last one was 200lb x 3)

PS: sorry for boring the folks on my FL with this again!!

FANTASTIC! You Rock!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Two-part PR on the sled press this week - 460 x 10 for one-legged, and 1100 x 5 for two legged after finishing the one leg series.

Tomorrow it's overhead press day, and I'm excited :D
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Two-part PR on the sled press this week - 460 x 10 for one-legged, and 1100 x 5 for two legged after finishing the one leg series.

You are a MONSTER!!! Well done!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

YES Girl! Woot Woot!

Are you woot-wooting the fact I grunted and struggled with 25kg LESS than my PR?

You have a SICK sense of humour lady. :sad:
  • MoreBean13
    Options

YES Girl! Woot Woot!

Are you woot-wooting the fact I grunted and struggled with 25kg LESS than my PR?

I was woot wooting the effort in general, the grunting, AND the treadmill dead-leg. All wonderful signs!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

YES Girl! Woot Woot!

I was woot wooting the effort in general, the grunting, AND the treadmill dead-leg. All wonderful signs!

*Shakes fist*
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Bench:220
    Squat:330
    Deadlift:315
    Leg press:650
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Bench:220
    Squat:330
    Deadlift:315
    Leg press:650

Killer! You're doing awesome!
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options

Whats the number your shooting for on OHP??
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Whats the number your shooting for on OHP??

240 is what I'm hoping for. My legs are freakishly stronger than the rest of me. But I don't want to slack off on legs just because my arms haven't caught up.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So, uh, question ... last night I did incline bench presses using 30 pound dumbbells ... two sets of 12. I'm totally new to this type of thing and was having a little trouble stabilizing the weight on the way back down ... should I go lighter weight or less reps? (Please don't mock the newbie!) =)