Lance Armstrong admits to cheating.

Options

Replies

• jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yall just need to worry about losing some weight....another venure to perpetuate gossip. shame on yall!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think this is a case where they are over reaching their authority. If they have tests at events, and the riders pass them - either by doing something or not doing something - then frankly they shouldn't be allowed to ride in an event. If they were given the ok then there should not be a turn back point.

I think the USADA was intentionally hunting for a witch and if they really had evidence of this sort - why aren't they putting it out there? At this point, I think there are a lot of agencies out there looking for reasons to survive because we're in a political climate where cutbacks are becoming the norm. Either way, if their witnesses are so solid, bring them forward. If not, I'll have to go with Lance and believe it's someone trying to make a name for themselves. Evidence that is solid should come forward but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there which is why I really, really have to question what they are up to at this point.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    I think that sadly he was a cheat...not that he's admitted to it.

He's tried all he can to stop the trial happening and when it came to defend himself finally, he said "I'm not goign to", despite knowing that the result of that would be taken as an admission of guilt by the governing board.

As I understand it, 10 of his team mates all confessed to taking drugs and all said that he took them. It also appears the reason he passed all the tests was because the team doctors helped him to. IF he didnt cheat, then it seems he was the only rider in his team that didnt and it seems that despite riding with and against a bunch of drug enhanced cheaters, he was able to beat them all and beat them all by a large margin for 7 years. That just doesnt add up to me.

Also the press is outright accusing him of cheating and he is not suing anyone. They would not be doing that and he would not bestaying quiet if they were lying. He's fought every other battle he's ever had and has hounded out of the sport people who have accused him in the past, so why not now. My guess is that he cheated and if he had gone to court the evidence against him would have been even more damning than his silence is. With his silence, some can say "nothings been proven", but the USDA will publish their evidence eventually and then we'll know.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    lol at calling it a witch hunt. as been shown over and over in this thread he has failed tests and there are many witnesses lining up against him.

hes been lucky in the past that he could buy his way out of failed tests. this time they have too much evidence against him and hes taking the cowards way out.

How has it been "shown in this thread"? Are any of the alleged witnesses here on MFP? Or ..are you referring to people's opinions? Because...opinions aren't showing anything.

Oh, Moses, smell the roses.

There has been plenty of evidence talked of on this thread. But too many people have blinders. Whether because they love Armstrong, love his new cause, hate authority, whatever, many peoples refuse to see what is clearly laid out in front of them. And I get the feeling that even if he were to admit to cheating this afternoon, people would go around saying it is because the big, bad government made him say that. Of course, the government isn't the group bringing charges, but as people like to twist facts and all ...
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Are we REALLY still on this? GTF over it... Why aren't we talking about all the dumb politicians who LIE! This is just a man who doped up. omg... the world is ending!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol at calling it a witch hunt. as been shown over and over in this thread he has failed tests and there are many witnesses lining up against him.

hes been lucky in the past that he could buy his way out of failed tests. this time they have too much evidence against him and hes taking the cowards way out.

How has it been "shown in this thread"? Are any of the alleged witnesses here on MFP? Or ..are you referring to people's opinions? Because...opinions aren't showing anything.

its obvious you are not reading this thread. there have been countless posts with links to Lance's failed drug tests and reports by several groups showing he cheated.

but like someone said a few posts above people just dont want to see the facts. and he's right that even if lance admitted to cheating now people would say he's just doing it to make it all go away so he could focus on his foundation.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    If this is indeed a supposed witch hunt, then wouldn't they be comparing his weight to that of a duck?

Also, I laugh every time someone here refers to him as, "Lance" affectionately.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    USDA have published their statement and it's pretty damning - sworn testimony from 26 people including 15 riders, 11 of whom were Armstrong's team mates:

http://www.usada.org/cyclinginvestigationstatement.html

Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out - stats show the front of the pelaton at this year's Tour was 10% slower than the late 90s/early 00s. Great that clean riders now stand a chance when competing - but it's time that those who doped to admit what they did was wrong. They should take a leaf out of David Millar's book.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    USDA have published their statement and it's pretty damning - sworn testimony from 26 people including 15 riders, 11 of whom were Armstrong's team mates:

http://www.usada.org/cyclinginvestigationstatement.html

Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out - stats show the front of the pelaton at this year's Tour was 10% slower than the late 90s/early 00s. Great that clean riders now stand a chance when competing - but it's time that those who doped to admit what they did was wrong. They should take a leaf out of David Millar's book.

It would, indeed, have to be quite the conspiracy if he were truly innocent. I always thought he was telling the truth - but at some point the doubts become less and less reasonable. Is it possible that all 26 people are lying? I guess. But it doesn't strike me as very plausible.
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I dont think this is important
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i wonder if the Cult of Armstrong STILL thinks he is innocent? there has to be little doubt now right?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    i wonder if the Cult of Armstrong STILL thinks he is innocent? there has to be little doubt now right?

Nearly didn't post about this as I fully expected the fur to start flying!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    awfully quiet...maybe they have finally seen the light? :D
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Doubtful. They will defend him if he comes clean.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm still up in the air.

What has been proven?
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Some light reading-

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Wednesday distributed its 202-page “Reasoned Decision,” which outlines its case against Lance Armstrong. Included in the document are never-before-published analyses of Armstrong 2009 and 2010 blood profiles, as well as testimony from 26 witnesses, including George Hincapie, Levi Leipheimer and Christian Vande Velde.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/10/Reasoned-Decision.pdf
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I forget already... the organization which can actually take away his medals... I presume that's the next gateway in his fall from grace?

If they do, *then* will people believe?
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i don't think i would consider myself the "Cult of Armstrong" but it is now very hard to believe he didn't cheat after George, Andreu and Jonathan Vaughters come forward. Assuming he cheated i wish he would come clean, people would just forgive him and it would be all over.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Since when is doping in cycling news? These guys have been put on just about every chemical out there.

OMG HE CHEATED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah...along with EVERYONE else.