5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• cct98362
    Options
    Hey- just a thought- if have have increased your exercising and are transforming fat to muscle, then it is possible that your weight will be slow to go down because muscle weighs more than fat. You should be able to see the changes through your hip, neck and waist measurements (or in your face as you mentioned) but you might not see it on the scale.

If you don't feel like the answer is new muscle, then what I like to do when things are stagnating is really change up my exercise routine- add something new that really gets you pepped up- if only for 10-20 minutes a day. Try it!!
  • cct98362
    Options
    I am so glad to see the motivation in this group! I am trying so hard to get over this hump I seem to have drifted into. I cannot budge off of my current weight, and have been doing all the "right" things. I do know my clothes are fitting looser and my face is more shallow (not to mention I feel better). If it wasn't for coming to this forum daily, I would loose confidence in myself and probably give up. Thanks so much for being there!! :flowerforyou:

SORRY for the double post- I was trying to respond to and just figuring out this site

Hey- just a thought- if have have increased your exercising and are transforming fat to muscle, then it is possible that your weight will be slow to go down because muscle weighs more than fat. You should be able to see the changes through your hip, neck and waist measurements (or in your face as you mentioned) but you might not see it on the scale.

If you don't feel like the answer is new muscle, then what I like to do when things are stagnating is really change up my exercise routine- add something new that really gets you pepped up- if only for 10-20 minutes a day. Don't give up! Keep thinking of how much better you ALREADY feel!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie just trying to navigate around this site. I joined a few days ago and ahve been entering all my calories and exercise daily. I just ofund this group and I LOVE the IDEA of being a part of it with everyone. I know the month is about over but I will just start from now on and if I lose a pound or two by the end of the monthI will be happy.
    My Plan is:
    I am planning to enter all my food daily as well as my exercises.
    I swim three mornings a week
    Do exercise class which is a variety of step aerobics and weight lifting for an hour twice a week.
    and run or walk the track once a week.
    I need to figure out something to do on Saturday for exercise.
    I jsut figured out that I am supposed to eat all my extra calories after I exercise. I am still trying to believe that. I have never done that in the past while dieting. I just thought working out more woud help me lose weight faster but I guess in the long run it is burining the wrong thing.???
    so what do we do just check into this site every day and read what everyone is doing? I hope I can find it again tomorrow. LOL
    Good luck everyone.

Welcome. Look in "My Topics" and we will be there! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    :laugh: Ok, you want more funny kid stuff... I am full of it!

I had a teacher confidence with my daughter’s pre-school teacher (she is 4). Miss Maria started off saying that my daughter is well liked by her teacher's and class mates…BUT…:frown:

My heart stopped and I thought in my head “OMG, what did she do? What did I do? Is she giving to much attitude, my fault, she is JUST like me!”

...BUT…She keeps telling other mom’s that they don’t send healthy snack and she won’t eat them! :noway:

REALLY??? That was the but! I can deal with that.:tongue:

I asked what the snack was that my kiddo refused- it was Bagel Bites! :huh:

Miss Maria then explained that when the snack was served my kid started a revolt. “My mommy said that I need healthy snacks that will fuel my learning, we don’t eat THIS food anymore. But I would like a yellow pepper cut into a heart shape instead.”
    All of the kids then pushed away the plates and asked for a healthy snack!

I must say that I was a proud mommy, until I learned that my smart little cookie told everyone “my mommy will bring a healthy snack everyday for everyone!” :grumble:

The other day I dropped off Cuties and the other mom’s called me “health freak mommy” when I told them it wasn’t my idea I don’t think they believed me! I didn’t tell them that when I was just home from the hospital after having her that I lived on bagel bits and ice cream, lol.

:drinker:
    She makes me laugh everyday, I don't mind sharing.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Well done "health freak mom" a new generation of health freaks.

I am beginning to understand where nike got the phrase just do it! I was feeling kind of tired and kind of planning not to do much of a workout today. Well I decided to get on the treadmill and walk off 100 calories. I started playing with the speed and the incline and before I knew it I had walked 3.3 miles and burned 569 calories. Some times we had to JUST DO IT!

Did you "JUST DO IT" today?
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Well done "health freak mom" a new generation of health freaks.

I am beginning to understand where nike got the phrase just do it! I was feeling kind of tired and kind of planning not to do much of a workout today. Well I decided to get on the treadmill and walk off 100 calories. I started playing with the speed and the incline and before I knew it I had walked 3.3 miles and burned 569 calories. Some times we had to JUST DO IT!

Did you "JUST DO IT" today?

No :frown: I did my lunch time Curves workout (that I do Mon-Fri) but I have been trying to get on the elliptical everyday also. Last night I didn't go (my son hurt his finger and needed some extra mommy time) and tonight I am going to the San Jose Sharks game! I don't get out without the kids very much and I could not pass this up! I feel a little sad it is the night before our weigh in, but I did really good for the most part this week (and had a big loss last week so I am not expecting that much anyway) and I will work hard Saturday, which I take as a rest day most of the time. The friend that I am going with asked if we could go to dinner first and I said no. That way I can log my cals before I go and I will NOT go near the food at the game at all.

That's the plan! Next week the "last chance workout" is ON! :tongue:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I have to confess that I have been very bad so far this week. No workouts. UGH!!! What is wrong with me? I have one more week of P90X and I will be done with this round, I just don't seem to want to finish. I am starting Insanity on February 1st no matter what. So tonite I will be doing Core Synergistics, I have no choice, I am making my fiance' do it with me. That way I have to do it no matter what.

I even had Chinese for lunch today. That is it!!! No more this week and even over the weekend. I will not have another cheat meal until next weekend.

Okay, I am done venting. Tonite will be better and the rest of the week will be 100% better. Thanx for listening and not judging me for my many faults. Have a great evening everybody. :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Oh Jennifer, all is not lost. You need to eat a "bad" meal every now and then or life would be no fun. It looks like you are already back on track with a plan-great. We are here for you! :flowerforyou:

I bet it was yummy:tongue: I think I have food envy I love Chinese food!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I have to confess that I have been very bad so far this week. No workouts. UGH!!! What is wrong with me? I have one more week of P90X and I will be done with this round, I just don't seem to want to finish. I am starting Insanity on February 1st no matter what. So tonite I will be doing Core Synergistics, I have no choice, I am making my fiance' do it with me. That way I have to do it no matter what.

I even had Chinese for lunch today. That is it!!! No more this week and even over the weekend. I will not have another cheat meal until next weekend.

Okay, I am done venting. Tonite will be better and the rest of the week will be 100% better. Thanx for listening and not judging me for my many faults. Have a great evening everybody. :bigsmile:

Must be the weather this week! I feel like my eating is out of wack too. I am having cravings for salty things. Not sure why..the good thing is I have been getting the exercise done. No judging every allowed...I think we have all fallen off the wagon at one point or another. The best thing to do is get up and jump right back on that wagon.
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    TCASMEY - I'm so impressed with your treadmill workout! That is exactly what I need tonight, hope I can get the same great results as you! I usually go to the gym while the kids are at school, but today was crazy and I never made it. I am wrapping up a little laundry and going in just a little bit, which is a big deal for me - I don't like to go out at night much! Thanks for the inspirational exercise session TCASMEY!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    :laugh: Ok, you want more funny kid stuff... I am full of it!

I had a teacher confidence with my daughter’s pre-school teacher (she is 4). Miss Maria started off saying that my daughter is well liked by her teacher's and class mates…BUT…:frown:

My heart stopped and I thought in my head “OMG, what did she do? What did I do? Is she giving to much attitude, my fault, she is JUST like me!”

...BUT…She keeps telling other mom’s that they don’t send healthy snack and she won’t eat them! :noway:

REALLY??? That was the but! I can deal with that.:tongue:

I asked what the snack was that my kiddo refused- it was Bagel Bites! :huh:

Miss Maria then explained that when the snack was served my kid started a revolt. “My mommy said that I need healthy snacks that will fuel my learning, we don’t eat THIS food anymore. But I would like a yellow pepper cut into a heart shape instead.”
    All of the kids then pushed away the plates and asked for a healthy snack!

I must say that I was a proud mommy, until I learned that my smart little cookie told everyone “my mommy will bring a healthy snack everyday for everyone!” :grumble:

The other day I dropped off Cuties and the other mom’s called me “health freak mommy” when I told them it wasn’t my idea I don’t think they believed me! I didn’t tell them that when I was just home from the hospital after having her that I lived on bagel bits and ice cream, lol.

:drinker:
    She makes me laugh everyday, I don't mind sharing.

Jenn, that's a really fantastic story - what a role model your daughter has! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

I am completely blown away that you've almost completed a full course of P90X... And moving on to Insanity? Even though you've had this little lapse, there's no way that I would ever judge you except positively! :drinker: hope you had a good workout today! Now, you've inspired me to definitely do my last workout of the day. :smile:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the group. I am enjoying reading all your stories and inspiring plans to keep going. It is very motivating even though I don't know any of you. By the way, I live in Egypt and teach school over here so I enjoyed the story about the teacher conference. I hear lots of cute things from the mouth of the "babes." I told my class I was getting HEALTHY this year and shared with them some of my strategies to make it happen. ( I teach third graders ) They are quite amazed when I tell them I got up at 5 am to go to the swimming pool, when it was still dark outside. I swim at the school outdoor pool.
    HOWEVER.....
    This week two of the little girls have brought me "treats". One went to Switzerland to get her eyes examination and new glasses,
    ( don't ask shy she had to go all the way to Switzerland,) we do have great eye doctors in Egypt, but anyway she brought me back a huge Toblerone chocolate bar!!!!! It is still sitting in my drawer at school. Another little girl from Equador that is new in our school passed out mini chocolate candy bars to all the kids one day and of course gave one to me. I must confess I did eat that little piece of chocolate one day after school but it was the day I was heading to the killer kick boxing/ step aerobics class so I figured I would work it off. and it did taste good! I know I should have just passed but I didn't.
    SO....
    I guess I better explain next week that eating sweets is not one of the ways that will help me to get more healthy.

ANYWAY... Thanks for the motivation. I should now get off the couch and lap top and go do my morning exercises. Just got up and I'm ready for a great new day. Phyljen
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome to the group. I am enjoying reading all your stories and inspiring plans to keep going. It is very motivating even though I don't know any of you. By the way, I live in Egypt and teach school over here so I enjoyed the story about the teacher conference. I hear lots of cute things from the mouth of the "babes." I told my class I was getting HEALTHY this year and shared with them some of my strategies to make it happen. ( I teach third graders ) They are quite amazed when I tell them I got up at 5 am to go to the swimming pool, when it was still dark outside. I swim at the school outdoor pool.
    HOWEVER.....
    This week two of the little girls have brought me "treats". One went to Switzerland to get her eyes examination and new glasses,
    ( don't ask shy she had to go all the way to Switzerland,) we do have great eye doctors in Egypt, but anyway she brought me back a huge Toblerone chocolate bar!!!!! It is still sitting in my drawer at school. Another little girl from Equador that is new in our school passed out mini chocolate candy bars to all the kids one day and of course gave one to me. I must confess I did eat that little piece of chocolate one day after school but it was the day I was heading to the killer kick boxing/ step aerobics class so I figured I would work it off. and it did taste good! I know I should have just passed but I didn't.
    SO....
    I guess I better explain next week that eating sweets is not one of the ways that will help me to get more healthy.

ANYWAY... Thanks for the motivation. I should now get off the couch and lap top and go do my morning exercises. Just got up and I'm ready for a great new day. Phyljen

Hi Phyljen - Cudos for the Toblerone bar that is still in your desk! Third grade - what a great age to teach! :smile: How do you like kick boxing? I've always wanted to try it. It sounds like fun!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Just finished my last workout (circuit training) at 10:15 PM - better late than never! Despite my small lapses, I am proud of myself - despite day after day of heavy rainstorms, I have walked to work every morning (I wear a big gray slicker over my coat, which makes me look massive but I don't care because I know I'm getting skinnier underneath with every step I take :laugh: ). One plus to walking in the rain is that I don't get hit up for money on my way to work! I don't have to go into work tomorrow and its still raining, so I think it will be a longer Hip Hop Abs routine for aerobics. Even if I haven't lost weight at tomorrow's weigh in, I know that I did a pretty good job this week at sticking to my plan. :happy:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It was my first time to do kick boxing and BOY OH BOY I got quite the work out. It was really fun and even more fun because it was with a bunch of the teachers at my school getting out our frustrations together. WE laughed and kicked and punched the air with all our might! You should give it a try even if it is just once.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Happy Friday to all! Quick check-in before I go make lunches and get the house ready for the daycare kids! Rain, snow, freezing rain predicted for weekend not sounding like a good out doors weekend!

January 1 weight 185.4
    January 8 weight 185
    January 15 weight 182
    January 22 weight 180.6

Almost at my 5 pound goal! If I can behave this weekend I should be there by Monday!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am extremely happy the scale is moving, but I am even happier that I feel better in my body everyday. I feel like my body moves easier and my blood pressure is slowly getting lower every day ( I was pre-hypertension). My clothes feel like they fit better. It is easier to get up and down from the floor with the daycare kids! There are so many ways that I just feel better. It could be doing things I never thought possible. I can now run a 5k on the treadmill (not ready to do it in public yet) never thought I would be able to do that, in fact I used to hate running.

So for today and this weekend, I want you to focus on how you and your body are improving on this journey. How you feel better....I know getting in shape does not always feel better....the sore and tired muscles are part of it but they get better as your body gets stronger. Keep working at it! You are stronger than even you believe!:flowerforyou:
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Okay, it's my turn!

1/1 - 153.9
    1/8 - 152.6
    1/15 - 152.1
    1/22 - 151.0

I have to say I wish the scale would move more. But: (1) I know I am eating right. I have now transitioned into a healthy eating style and habits that I feel proud of. (2) I am walking everyday, trying to reah 10,000 steps. Even though on some days I fall short, my pedometer tells me that over the last week, I have averaged 5,800 steps a day. That is half of my goal and it increases everyday. Which comes to 1/2 lb. lost a week just from walking. (3) I feel better, have more energy and my clothes fit better and hang flatter that just a week ago.

I think I saw my belly button yesterday! :laugh:

A loss of 1.1. is not a lot, but I know if I continue the way I am going and then maintain, these lbs will be gone forever and that is a great acomplishment!

This week's goal: To increase my exercise routine to step up my metabolism...

Good luck to all and have a wonderful weekend,

Pam
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Happy Friday to all! Quick check-in before I go make lunches and get the house ready for the daycare kids! Rain, snow, freezing rain predicted for weekend not sounding like a good out doors weekend!

January 1 weight 185.4
    January 8 weight 185
    January 15 weight 182
    January 22 weight 180.6

Almost at my 5 pound goal! If I can behave this weekend I should be there by Monday!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am extremely happy the scale is moving, but I am even happier that I feel better in my body everyday. I feel like my body moves easier and my blood pressure is slowly getting lower every day ( I was pre-hypertension). My clothes feel like they fit better. It is easier to get up and down from the floor with the daycare kids! There are so many ways that I just feel better. It could be doing things I never thought possible. I can now run a 5k on the treadmill (not ready to do it in public yet) never thought I would be able to do that, in fact I used to hate running.

So for today and this weekend, I want you to focus on how you and your body are improving on this journey. How you feel better....I know getting in shape does not always feel better....the sore and tired muscles are part of it but they get better as your body gets stronger. Keep working at it! You are stronger than even you believe!:flowerforyou:

You are doing great! This is an accomplishment to be proud of. Keep up the good work. Congrats also on the 5k. I admire you for that. I have never been able to muster up the courage to try running (even in private!).

Thanks for being such a great motivator that keeps up going! Have a great weekend.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    01/01/10 206.0
    01/08/10 205.0
    01/15/10 205.0
    01/22/10 203.5

Oh Yeah Oh Yeah!!! Thank you for starting this thread TCASMEY !!! I am hoping to be right there with you on being down 5 for the month next Friday!!! I will get myself out the door for my run even though it is a mess out there! This group is such a motivator! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: