Broken up with Again...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    His loss, not yours, you can do so much better than him. He will turn out to be one lonely old man. He doesn't deserve you.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the support.
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Weight can be lost.... and being a shallow s.o.b. doesn't change in people like that. You're going to find someone who really appreciate you for you and not for what you look like. I hope when you hit you goal you contact him and show him what he's missing and drop it like its hot!!

Stay strong! :flowerforyou: You're already done such a great job already.
  • debradeanne0681
    Options
    What a jerk! Dont let him bring you down. He doesnt deserve you.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Usually i avoid going on the forums (well, try to) because the OP's usually say something to put me in a horrible mood. Today has been an unwelcome change. OP, you haven't pee'd me off but the man you were unfortunate enough to waste a few moments of your life with has rightfully got on my nerves. WHAT AN *kitten*!!!!
    I know you probably don't agree, and that's natural, because you were made feel this way - but you are WAY too good for him. Men like this deserve to die alone.
    You've had some brilliant progress in your weight loss and seem like a genuinely interesting person to spend time with (you like adventure!). Its completely his loss and he has done you a favor by disappearing! There are better guys out there - don't let one of the idiots give them all a bad name!!
  • SelenityJ
    Options
    Usually i avoid going on the forums (well, try to) because the OP's usually say something to put me in a horrible mood. Today has been an unwelcome change. OP, you haven't pee'd me off but the man you were unfortunate enough to waste a few moments of your life with has rightfully got on my nerves. WHAT AN *kitten*!!!!
    I know you probably don't agree, and that's natural, because you were made feel this way - but you are WAY too good for him. Men like this deserve to die alone.
    You've had some brilliant progress in your weight loss and seem like a genuinely interesting person to spend time with (you like adventure!). Its completely his loss and he has done you a favor by disappearing! There are better guys out there - don't let one of the idiots give them all a bad name!!

Well I'm glad I haven't upset you! Sorry he upset you with what he did but yeah I'm not used to feeling better or to good for someone. Probably because I like trusting people first to be their best. I'm an eternal optimist. But this has taught me that I need to reevaluate how I look at myself what with thinking people are 'out of my league.' Thank you so much for the encouragement!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    don't bite on the 'rub it in his face' gimmick, you're better than that.

it sucks, but it's life. gotta work on what you want for your sake, not other peoples'
  • SelenityJ
    Options
    don't bite on the 'rub it in his face' gimmick, you're better than that.

it sucks, but it's life. gotta work on what you want for your sake, not other peoples'

Nah, I won't do the rub it in his face gimmick. If I run into him again when I'm fit, I run into him again. But hopefully if I do run into him again I'll be civil I just doubt I'd actually date him again.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    This is just me - if I'm in your shoes, I won't let this guy bring me down but rather focus on myself! I wouldn't waste my energy on someone not worth my time. Of course no one can tell you how you should feel or do. You will do what's best for you when you're ready. Hang in there!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So I'd started dating this great guy. Before I thought I'd never be in the same league as him in order to go out with such a good lucking guy that was also smart and funny and willing for adventure. We met through a dating site and I was upfront when he asked me about my weight. I told him I was overweight but had already lost a good chunk of weight (I think i was around 23 lbs lost at the time). Well, he and I did meet up and went out on two different dates and since then my weight loss has grown and I'm now sitting at a36 lbs lost, almost 37.

Both of our dates involved exercise, be it swimming, biking, walking, or running. All were things I did with him but now he sent me an email saying that because I wasn't fit things had to end but to get in contact with him if I got down to my goal weight because other than that he says I fit his criteria but he doesn't want to be seen with someone as out of shape as I am. This hurts and was definitely a major downer for me.

His loss, not yours :flowerforyou:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    he did you a favor, if he is that shallow just think of how terrible things would be in the long run.

I agree totally! You'll find someone who loves you for you. That guy was a jerk!
  • laila_ifhtab
    Options
    Rat ba*ta*d!!!! Good riddance to bad rubbish. Now you're free to find someone who is worthy of your love and affection.
  • Melonhead
    Options
    I would had said at least he was honest. But, "call me when you hit your goal weight" makes believe he's just a a total DOUCHE. You can and will do better. Forget him.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Send light & love his way, he is obviously miserable & spends his energy putting it off onto others. Kiss it goodbye, no more time or energy wasted, move on. & when you do hit your "goal weight" I hope you accidentally bump into him & he falls over when he sees you, f him.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    His comment is the type of rare thing that would elicit a slap from me.
  • SelenityJ
    Options
    I think if he'd have done it in person I may just have had that gut reaction to slap him. As it was, he sent me an email instead. Well now my Saturday is free since I was suppose to go on a third date with him but oh well. Live, Learn, get loves... I'll just be more careful in dating choices.
  • Stasia_Niuka
    Options
    Please don't let this get you down. It is not a reflection on you at all, and he clearly is struggling with his own issues and insecurities about body images. It has nothing to do with you, so you really can't take it personally.

The important thing, is that you're dating, and an interesting guy was into you enough to ask you out for a second date. He did not break up with you. Two dates does not make a committed relationship. That is what dating is all about, getting to know people, trying them out, figuring out what is great about them and where their rough edges are for growth.

It's great that didn't spend too much time on him, and you know early on that he is not the right guy for you and can keep looking. As you know, not all guys are as insecure as he is. And some guys do grow out of it.

But again, it has nothing to do with you, so it's pointless to even think of contacting him as you lose weight. That would definitely be a waste of your time.

*hugs*
  • StevenHaley
    Options
    You will never be in the same league as him cos you are in one well above this prick. When you do reach your said goal. Get back in touch with him, show him what he's missing and then tell him to do one!
  • Thin1979
    Options
    Oh my god what a bleepity bleep bleep! I can think of a million names but not sure the powers that be at fitness pal would appreciate them. We meet all kinds of people in life so we can learn and appreciate good circumstances and good people. Don't give him another thought.