Fake Pictures...

Options

Replies

• clvgrl1
    Options
    my guess is that they also have fake FB or POF profiles, and use this site to further "validate" those fake profiles.
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    Does it count if they put up a pic of fake boobs for boobie friday?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    <-- This is a real picture of me.
  • ilarrotta
    ilarrotta Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How about getting my real picture and adding a JCpenney logo to it to see if they take me to be one of their models..... lol
  • scottg1024
    Options
    Maybe sometimes this is their ENTIRE social life. This could be the only place they experience social fulfillment, human interaction, and even SEX.

SHUT UP, MOM!!! I'LL BE DOWNSTAIRS FOR LUNCH IN A SECOND...jeez...

uh, sorry.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Exactly. And my point to that is... wtf? If you don't want to use your real picture, I get it. I'm not exactly "pretty." But why try to deceive other members. That's just kinda creepy.

Creepy like those dudes with like 100 friends and all of them are women...

Hahaha. I see what you did there.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Did you hit on someone and then realize their picture was fake and now you're mad?

I don't get the use of fake pics tbh. It's kind of ridiculous and silly.
  • Meghansmotivqte
    Options
    LOL, are you looking for compliments? You keep degrading yourself and you shouldn't do that.
  • hunter624
    Options
    The camera always lies.... It made my mother - in - law look human at our wedding, 43 years ago!

:drinker:
    :laugh:
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    There might be copyrights on some of my photos. They are really me. I model and if I'm posting photos from my modeling work here, I'm giving the photographer their well earned credit if they require me to. Some do. Some don't. The headshot I use as my pic now, the photographer doesn't care if his name is on it or not but some photographers I've worked with are very, very picky and have every right to be so.

So just saying, if someone's photo has a copyright on it, don't always discount it as not really their photo.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    There might be copyrights on some of my photos. They are really me. I model and if I'm posting photos from my modeling work here, I'm giving the photographer their well earned credit if they require me to. Some do. Some don't. The headshot I use as my pic now, the photographer doesn't care if his name is on it or not but some photographers I've worked with are very, very picky and have every right to be so.

So just saying, if someone's photo has a copyright on it, don't always discount it as not really their photo.

Exactly. I leave the watermark and/or logos on my pictures to give credit where credit is due. This one is one of my husband's latest and has his watermark on it. Many of my pictures in my album do have a watermark and/or logo, because I posted photo shoot pictures.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Self concious of their own image I assume. They post their ideal appearance rather than their actual, what they eventually hope to look like.
  • scottg1024
    Options
    My picture is me - at work - in the bathroom. I did have to take several so as not to have the urinal appear in the shot. Maybe it would have been less creepy to use someone else's pic after all.
  • babydoll315
    babydoll315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a vast majority of member pictures on MFP are, or at least appear to be, "real." In fact, compared to most social networks, I think there is a solid argument that MFP members are notably more honest about their pictures than most social sites.

All that said, on occasion, I browse past a profile that is CLEARLY using fake pictures. And I'm not talking about pictures of their pets, funny JPG's, etc. I'm talking about pictures in which a member discusses how great their abs look, when a Copyright © JCPennys.com notice is clearly visible at the bottom. Really?

I guess my point with this post is to ask "why?"

I'm not saying the practice is good, nor bad. I'm just curious about the psychology itself.

Hahahaha! I've never come across anything like that... that is hilarious! Very observant of you!

Keep being awesome.
  • irishscorpio66
    irishscorpio66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will take it down!!! ;o)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    If I used a fake pic it might look better LOL
  • angusmike
    Options
    Mine's real. The skull is bone and the helmet is Kevlar. :bigsmile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p

DO IT!

I can't imagine why someone would other than just wanting to hear praise. Maybe they have something else going on in their heads and need someone to say "wow! you inspire me! you are awesome!" Everyone loves a little praise.
  • babydoll315
    babydoll315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the huevos to use a picture that wasn't of me as my profile pic. That would make me, like, a scammer.

Google James McCain, this guy just tried to strike up a 'relationship' with my roomie.