What/Who annoys you at the gym

Options

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Guys who have 3-4 sets of dumbbells at their bench for their sets. You don't need them all at once.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    People walking on the treadmill at 1.4mph and gripping the side rails

This is what I was going to say. Drives me nuts. You come to the gym to lose weight/get in shape, and you walk slowly while you hold on to the rails for dear life. Good luck with that.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Old naked guys that want to talk about the weather and other random stuff without bothering to get dressed!
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    People who sweat all over the machines and dont dry them before moving on. :noway:

Men who hog the smith machine in packs of four and just sit there most the time! :sad:

Men who tell me I look lost and ask if I need help when all im wondering is when the hell are you going to stop talking and move out the way so I can lift some weights! :grumble:

aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh so annoying

and for the last one . . . . . . 'men who look at the weight your about to bench and exclaim 'you do realise the bar already weighs 20kg'?? :angry:

But other then that . . . . . . . . .
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill next to a guy one time who couldn't control his flatchulence (sp). i"m like good God, couldn't you have used the facilities before rolling up here with your funk. lol

Hahha, been there smelled that

I hate when I'm on the treadmill jammin out to my music and I rip one, then I wonder if anyone around me heard it...
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When people try to stop my workout to ask about my tattoos. I say "people" but I really mean the SAME dude about twice a week 0__0
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    People who are there to do other things than workout. The gym is for working out and exercise not for picking up peeps, or talking on the phone taking up space.

The loud talkers who want to show off and let you hear what they are trying to say.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When big, muscle-y guys dominate the smaller weights that are the only things I can lift yet to do bicep curls for 40 minutes. SERIOUSLY DUDE! GIMME MY GIRLY WEIGHTS! I'm trying to work my way up, but my gym only has one set of 17.5s and one set of 22.5s that are as high as I can go on certain exercises so far, and it drives me nuts when some huge guy who can obviously lift more is using them for ages, lol. I'm just waiting for the day that I'm strong enough that I can just roll my eyes at them and go up a level!

Also, people who don't bother to learn how to exercise properly before they go to the gym. Not so much because they're in the way (although they occasionally are, but whatever, my gym is crowded) but because I cringe every time I see them because I'm afraid they're going to land themselves in the ER.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i hate when people ask me about my tattoos in the middle of my workout.
    I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS
    i'm sweating like a pig and they're strolling around in spandex casually looking for people to bother with small talk
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There were these 3 ladies that would have very loud (hear them all over the gym) bible discussions/arguments. I mean, I'm not complaining that they had their church chat sessions, but to be so loud that I can hear them over my music while I'm at the other side of the gym?!?!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't frequent the gym often anymore because I am a Turbo Fire junkie here at home ~ but if I did, I would most certainly be one of those people who totally annoy you gripping the rails of the treadmill ... so sorry! If I didn't I would go flying off the thing due to my extreme lack of coordination :blushing:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    When there's like 30 treadmills that are literally ALL empty.. and someone gets on the one right next to you. Awkward.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Old men that try to steal my under pants.
    Girls who refuse to sweat during a workout and constantly fix there hair ffs just run and get messy and sweaty.
    Girls who sit on machines talking rather than using them.
    Men that talk to my **** while in the shower.
    People who smell.
    People who wee on the floor and toilet seats.

Wow...that is a weird gym you go to.

I HATE WHEN PPL DONT CLEAN THE MACHINE AFTER USE!!!!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't frequent the gym often anymore because I am a Turbo Fire junkie here at home ~ but if I did, I would most certainly be one of those people who totally annoy you gripping the rails of the treadmill ... so sorry! If I didn't I would go flying off the thing due to my extreme lack of coordination :blushing:

Agreed! I can't seem to understand how people can run without flying off and dying. I have to at least have my hands resting on the side of I'll definitely fall over. :laugh:
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know many of you spend time at the gym and you've seen your share of interesting characters. What annoys you while you there? Here's a couple from me

1) People who parked their behinds on one of the weight machines without using them, probably on their cell phones or texting.

2) Folks who make all these obnoxious grunt noises while they are own the elliptical or treadmill. I mean, really. Is all that really necessary?

these are both of mine, exactly! also, when people try to talk to me, to make small talk or whatever. grrrr... i have earbuds in my ears for a reason!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bugs me is stuff that actually physically affects me. That pisses me off. For example, the people who apply huge amounts of perfume or cologne right before they get up next to you on the treadmill. It's really hard to run when my lungs are on fire and I can't breathe through your cloud of funk. You can do or wear or say or be whatever you want at the gym, but when it starts to negatively impact others, it's not cool! :explode:
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    girls wearing makeup @ the gym and guys in running/biker shorts (dudes its not the 80s anymore and the ball sweat gets on the benches and bike seats.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to others when I work out, but two things bother me:

(1) Not wiping down the machines after using them.

(2) Talking during Spinning. The instructor worked hard putting together this ride, and I would like to be able to hear his/her instructions, not whatever BS other people want to talk about.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1. Guys who don't re-rack their weights
    2. People who use the weight benches as a)benches to conduct long, rambling conversations or b) places to rest their water while they walk around aimlessly or use the machines.

That burns me up when I see weights sitting on the freaking floor. He had enough strength to arm curl them, he should have enough to put them back where from. Stupid jackhole.

:laugh: lol^^^
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    the people who bathe in cologne or perfume before coming to the gym, and the people who walk 2 or more across in the current channel chatting during the water walking class