What if your daughter's boyfriend did this?

Options

Replies

• JakeFlick
    Options
    I would show him my collection of hand-guns and pay close attention to the sweat beading on his forehead.
  • Kearsed
    Kearsed Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Maybe he is just a fan of Breaking Bad.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I'd be searching for a remote spot to dump the body...

I always find responses like this to be counter-productive and honestly kind of upsetting. Here, there are people talking about why a teenage boy would be looking up how to make meth on a computer - does it mean he is really interested in making meth, or simply curious?

What if the boy's parents saw your response, or any other one threatening bodily harm, and took it a serious threat? Wouldn't it sort of be the same thing? I'm not saying OP's daughter's boyfriend didn't use poor judgment, because he definitely did, but responses like this are hypocritical and over-the-top.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here are sad and scary individuals. Jumping to conclusions only makes you look stupid.

1) We don't know if it was actually the boyfriend at all.

2) We don't know what the reasoning behind the search is.

3) We don't know what kind of person the boyfriend is.

4) We don't have any background or history of the OP, boyfriend, and daughter.

As such, the best coarse of action would be to simply ask the boyfriend and daughter about it and keep an eye on things. Anything else contains too many assumptions... and you know what they say about assuming things.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of you, honestly. Researching how to make illegal drugs is okay in your books?
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here are sad and scary individuals. Jumping to conclusions only makes you look stupid.

1) We don't know if it was actually the boyfriend at all.

2) We don't know what the reasoning behind the search is.

3) We don't know what kind of person the boyfriend is.

4) We don't have any background or history of the OP, boyfriend, and daughter.

As such, the best coarse of action would be to simply ask the boyfriend and daughter about it and keep an eye on things. Anything else contains too many assumptions... and you know what they say about assuming things.

This. How do you know it was her boyfriend?

I would speak with your daughter first - not in an accusatory fashion - just out of concern. You are not his mother, but you do have a responsibility to your daughter so start there first.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Does he watch breaking bad?

My hubby and I googled "making meth" after an episode because we had some questions.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I can't believe some of you, honestly. Researching how to make illegal drugs is okay in your books?

Curiosity really is TERRIBLE.
  • kbubbles87
    kbubbles87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds like hes been watching Breaking Bad.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

My hubby and I googled "making meth" after an episode because we had some questions.

A million times THIS. I google all kinds of things, curiosity is a good thing. Unless there is a reason to suspect that the boyfriend is actually making meth, this is not something to really worry about.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    talk to him and your daughter. Keep an eye open, investigate the signs of meth us
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would talk to both together, and tell them I don't appreciate his "research" or his using my computer. I would also talk to my daughter alone, and try to reason with her.
  • Fallouts
    Options
    Buy an RV, head down to KFC or Popeyes and see if the owner is really a drug kingpin looking for a new cook.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Buy an RV, head down to KFC or Popeyes and see if the owner is really a drug kingpin looking for a new cook.

:drinker:
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Curiosity really is TERRIBLE.

It killed the cat....lol

All kidding aside, why not talk to you daughter about it ?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

A million times THIS. I google all kinds of things, curiosity is a good thing. Unless there is a reason to suspect that the boyfriend is actually making meth, this is not something to really worry about.
    I remember googling "smurfing" after one episode, to see if it was a real thing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I have a .45 and a shovel, doubt he would be missed....
    Not joking.
    all the outrage over the boyfriend, when THIS Is the frightening post.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    If you are too protective, then she will cease to be your baby girl.
    Thank you for the parenting advice.
    You're ASKING for parenting advice on a weight loss and fitness forum, aren't you? Or did I misunderstand the intent of the OP.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You're ASKING for parenting advice on a weight loss and fitness forum, aren't you? Or did I misunderstand the intent of the OP.
    I'm not the OP.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm not the OP.
    whoops! lost track