Black Team Challenge Week 5:

Options
Hello strangers!

Time for the transition into week 5! I hope you all found a way to challenge yourselves last week. This week is an old classic yet it's a test we all need at some point. This will be easy for some and hard for others. When we all eventually reach our goals we will have to go through a very difficult transition. Part of that transition will be learning not to "obsess" about our weight and to focus on living healthy and learning how to have a normal relationship with food. We will also have to learn to have a normal relationship with our old friend the bathroom scale. Well lets start working on that second relationship now. You officially are permitted to step on the scale ONCE this week and only ONCE. you may step on your scale for your weigh in on your weigh in day. Aside from that you may not step on the scale. You need to focus on eating right and working out and start thinking less about the numbers. The scale doesnt tell the whole story of our progress, yet we tend to let that scale determine our mood, our outlook for the day and we allow it to make us feel like we fail. so NOW this week we are free of the scale. so NO peeking until official weigh ins. lol

Good luck. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Well team,

I am slowly trying to get the hang of the new hours. Being up between 3:30-4am and eating lunch around 10am has really thrown me off. First few days have been a bit of an epic disaster but we are not new to challenges so I have no doubt I will figure it out. You guys seem to be doing well and I really miss being chatty with you guys! Good luck this week!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    brat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I mean...Ummm...I'll try. :flowerforyou:

Sorry the hours are so weird, Andrew! That's quite the shift.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Another day, another freakin' snowstorm...gah! Apparently, Maryland has been teleported to either New England or the Midwest because we are getting about that much snow. It is wreaking havoc on my exercise/training schedule, and I am so tired of it. :sad:

Is it Spring yet?
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    OMG...no scale! WTH! This is going to be really hard for me. My husband is going to be thrilled. I'm going to give it to him to hide it so I'm not tempted to use it. I can hardly control myself. As it is I try hard to weigh only once per day and that is a far stretch sometimes...My week was hard. I couldn't seem to loose any weight. I guess I'm looking forward to a worry free week!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    LORI LORI LORI LORI....ARE YOU HEARING THIS ???? A WEEK WITHOUT OUR SCALE??? WHAT IS BATMAN THINKING.....I DONT KNOW...

I think this is gonna be the hardest of them all, but andrew I an with you, I so need this and so does Lori....

I really enjoyed my day with my babies I will pay for this but still showing a 2 pound loss....today was my only day off so I so needed to do something with my babies..

Well everyone I am off to bed gonna get up at 420 and hit the gym for 90 minutes...

Have a good day and thanks again andrew I needed it
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    LORI LORI LORI LORI....ARE YOU HEARING THIS ???? A WEEK WITHOUT OUR SCALE??? WHAT IS BATMAN THINKING.....I DONT KNOW...

I think this is gonna be the hardest of them all, but andrew I an with you, I so need this and so does Lori....

I really enjoyed my day with my babies I will pay for this but still showing a 2 pound loss....today was my only day off so I so needed to do something with my babies..

Well everyone I am off to bed gonna get up at 420 and hit the gym for 90 minutes...

Have a good day and thanks again andrew I needed

Tamara I hear you on this!!! My husband gets so mad at me cause I rely on the scale to what I eat for the day. I hope I can make it.
  • teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, this is going to be a tough challenge. I get on the scale multiple times throughout the day, at least 1x every am, when I get home, before I work out and then after. It does drive my day especially on the weekend. I'm going to have to do what Sara does and give it to my husband to put away for the week. Maybe it will help me have a better weekend!

Good luck on the weigh-in's this am!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    brat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gifbrat-1.giftantrum.gif

Uh huh, what she said! :grumble:
  • ksproston
    Options
    Hey Team!

Another day, another freakin' snowstorm...gah! Apparently, Maryland has been teleported to either New England or the Midwest because we are getting about that much snow. It is wreaking havoc on my exercise/training schedule, and I am so tired of it. :sad:

Is it Spring yet?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry Shuntae. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hang in there. I think I've said that before...Is it spring yet?
  • ksproston
    Options
    Okay, very funny. I gave it up last week. That'll teach me to not do that again. :laugh: But, I'll do it. I will do it because the boss said so. And, no weighing on Sunday either like this past week. Oh my poor family and co-workers. They are not going to have a good 7 days with me.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I think I'm addicted to the scale!!!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks Andrew,
    You really hit home for me with this weeks challenge. i must admit I'm releaved:happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey gang-- you can do this-- no pouting!!:wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Have a good day and thanks again andrew I needed it

I heard loud and clear. I was waiting for this one, I figured it was coming. It's time. I know it. I can do it. I will do it. I think it will be good for me right now. I WILL do this challenge this week. I bombed last week, sad, cause it was up to me what to give up.

I worked really hard today to make up for my days with my head in the clouds and my hand in the sweets. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I already promised myself I will not get discouraged, no matter what the scale says. I will move forward, continue to eat well and exercise.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Hey gang-- you can do this-- no pouting!!:wink:

None here. As much of an addict as I am, it's almost a relief right now to know I can't do it. I had been ok with it, but lately it can make or break my attitude about my eating and exercise. I need to get back to being ok with what it says and stop the obsessing. It's not getting me anywhere.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Black Team- Good Morning Tanya! Definitely up for this challenge..... Shuntae, it just started snowing here. I know we aren't going on 5 days of snow days like some of you:noway: but I have a few in the house who are really praying for a snow day. After watching 3 hours of LOST I don't believe any homework got done. "Mom, I'm a Senior, it really doesn't matter...let me stay home tomorrow" :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I never thought I would say I am ready for her to go away to college...I know I will eat those words.

Off to my LOST blog....Have a great night!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Thanks Andrew,
    You really hit home for me with this weeks challenge. i must admit I'm releaved:happy:

Jan - Your kids are gorgeous!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks Andrew,

Jan - Your kids are gorgeous!

Thank you!!! You are very kind.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't completed any other challenge so maybe can do this one! Noticed I said maybe! :laugh: