5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    hi, i havnt checked in since i joined this challenge a few wks ago. well, in my 1st month i lost 14lbs!!!!! my next goal is to be under 200lbs by march 9th, that would mean id need to lose atleast 16lbs by then! i know i can do this!!! congrats to everyone on their weight loss!!!!!!!

You have already had amazing results, keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to lose 6+ pounds in order to join the Army. How I am doing that is by starting a new program called Insanity. It is an amazing workout program and definitely pushes you to the limit. It is not for the light hearted, but it is an awesome program. I can already feel differences happening in my core.

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance last nite. WOW!!! It was great workout. I did my best to keep up, but there were definitely times I had to take short breaks. All in all, did pretty well. Looking forward to Cardio Recovery tonite. It looks hard but slow and steady. My calves need that.

I wish everyone the best of luck this month with their goals. Keep pushing forward. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to lose 6+ pounds in order to join the Army. How I am doing that is by starting a new program called Insanity. It is an amazing workout program and definitely pushes you to the limit. It is not for the light hearted, but it is an awesome program. I can already feel differences happening in my core.

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance last nite. WOW!!! It was great workout. I did my best to keep up, but there were definitely times I had to take short breaks. All in all, did pretty well. Looking forward to Cardio Recovery tonite. It looks hard but slow and steady. My calves need that.

I wish everyone the best of luck this month with their goals. Keep pushing forward. :bigsmile:

Great Goal! We are here to support you. My goal is 173 by the end of the month. even though the scale has gone up 2 this week and does not seem to want to budge.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I have found it to be a great motivator. I think you will too. Glad you are in the group. Good luck. Phyljen:smile:
  • kellys524
    kellys524 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Exercise is the one area I have down pat - I go to the gym 5-6 times a week: lift 3 times, spin 4 times and run 2 times. It's my eating that I need to reign back in and get under control.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Kelly- How long do you run? I have just started back at jogging and love the feeling when I am getting all hot in the cheeks. But I think that the swimming is much better on my knees.
    Well folks.... I am about ready to go to bed. I'm under on my calories today but over a little on carbs. I never seem to get all the fats and proteins that I need. Phyljen Ya all have a good day on your side of the world while I sleep.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Exercise is the one area I have down pat - I go to the gym 5-6 times a week: lift 3 times, spin 4 times and run 2 times. It's my eating that I need to reign back in and get under control.

Wow 5-6 times a weeks, that's great! You really seem to have a great routine that's working for you!!! I'm trying to have the same type of discipline!
  • stahlight
    Options
    I'll play!

2/4/10 --> 256 lbs
    3/1/10 --> 250 lbs goal :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Wow 5-6 times a weeks, that's great! You really seem to have a great routine that's working for you!!! I'm trying to have the same type of discipline!

So I just found a great little tip if you have a hard time getting into the gym. An easy to do burn at home.
    I have a step (got it at a garage sale for $3 :love: ) and the last few nights I use my step as I watch TV. Step up, step down that is it. So I was all sucked into watching biggest loser Tuesday night and once it was over I was like "wow, what a good show, my legs are kinda sore, how long have I been stepping?" TWO HOURS! 1000+ cals burned. Easy, just watch TV and before you know it your butt and leg's will be smoking HOT. If you don't have the step any step will do. A phone book, a step stool, even a low coffee table (that would be a GOOD burn, lol)
    Just thought I might share. I feel like I found the golden ticket. lol
  • onefatmama190
    Options
    Hi I am new, just starting out on my journey.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Welcome to the new peeps! :flowerforyou:

I need some advise for tomorrow. I know a lot of us work at schools/with kids so I am interested in what you all think about this.

I am doing an In-Service training (teacher/staff only, no kids, off campus meetings all day) and the food is always provided. And LOTS of it! Bagels and cream cheese, cheese and spinach quiche, donuts and other pastries in the morning. Then pizza, chips and cookies for lunch.
    I have planned to show up a bit late, in time for the start of the meeting but to miss the half hour breakfast, I’ll eat my breakfast before I go and not eat any of the bad high calorie stuff I don’t need for breakfast. But lunch is harder. Everyone will be sitting around together talking and eating. I don’t want to eat that food, only a few close friends know that I am trying to eat better and I don’t really want to make that big a deal of it. I am embarrassed I guess. I don’t lie if someone asks me, but I don’t feel comfortable having the whole faculty judge me or think/know that I am on a diet. I don’t want people to think I am a crazy health nut freak for taking in a lunch that is healthy. I can hear the ladies now “It is JUST one day, one slice wont hurt” But I really don’t want to waste Friday calories on pizza for lunch, it is a hard day for me to say in calories anyway. I am going back and forth in my head. On one hand I shouldn’t care what people think, so what if I get a few comments, most people wont even care or notice. But then on the other hand I think about the women I work with that are so thin and seem to eat whatever they want, they are the ones that will say stuff to me. What would you all do? Am I just being silly?
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi, i havnt checked in since i joined this challenge a few wks ago. well, in my 1st month i lost 14lbs!!!!! my next goal is to be under 200lbs by march 9th, that would mean id need to lose atleast 16lbs by then! i know i can do this!!! congrats to everyone on their weight loss!!!!!!!

:noway: :love: 14 lbs! OMG

That is so great! What are your goals/ tips!

hey....thanks! my goal is to eventually be 150, i am currently 215. i hate being over 200 :( i dont really have any tips, im just dieting and exercising, nothing special! im thinking i lost so much cuz im so big and have so much to lose, but idk, im no dr!! i wish it would all come off this quick!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options

You have already had amazing results, keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:

Thank You!!!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Jennplus2

You do what you need to! I am a teacher as well. Some won't even ask, some will really want to know because they are in the same position, etc... but what it comes down to is what you need to do for you. Yes one meal .... every meal makes a difference. If some one would say something negative to me i would probably just say... "Excuse me, what did you say... I wasn't paying attention to you". But that's just me. Regardless just have faith in yourself and let others do what they may!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Welcome to the new peeps! :flowerforyou:

I need some advise for tomorrow. I know a lot of us work at schools/with kids so I am interested in what you all think about this.

I am doing an In-Service training (teacher/staff only, no kids, off campus meetings all day) and the food is always provided. And LOTS of it! Bagels and cream cheese, cheese and spinach quiche, donuts and other pastries in the morning. Then pizza, chips and cookies for lunch.
    I have planned to show up a bit late, in time for the start of the meeting but to miss the half hour breakfast, I’ll eat my breakfast before I go and not eat any of the bad high calorie stuff I don’t need for breakfast. But lunch is harder. Everyone will be sitting around together talking and eating. I don’t want to eat that food, only a few close friends know that I am trying to eat better and I don’t really want to make that big a deal of it. I am embarrassed I guess. I don’t lie if someone asks me, but I don’t feel comfortable having the whole faculty judge me or think/know that I am on a diet. I don’t want people to think I am a crazy health nut freak for taking in a lunch that is healthy. I can hear the ladies now “It is JUST one day, one slice wont hurt” But I really don’t want to waste Friday calories on pizza for lunch, it is a hard day for me to say in calories anyway. I am going back and forth in my head. On one hand I shouldn’t care what people think, so what if I get a few comments, most people wont even care or notice. But then on the other hand I think about the women I work with that are so thin and seem to eat whatever they want, they are the ones that will say stuff to me. What would you all do? Am I just being silly?

This is a hard one - I don't like to call attention to my dieting, either. If they don't have any healthy offerings, what would happen if you brought a main dish salad and took it out without any fanfare, just said that you're in the mood for lighter food these days if anyone asked? Leave it at that rather than offering any other explanation. I don't know how this might work for you in that setting, but I've found that when I don't try to explain or apologize for my behavior, people are more likely to just accept it. Good luck! I will be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I have not been on for awhile because I have been studying for my ASVAB test and busy wth work. My recruiter said that I need to lose 6 pounds before I go to MEPS and so far I have lost 1+ pounds. I know I can do that before the end of March. I am really excited and studying hard to get the best placement possible.

Keep up the great work everyone. Have a beautiful afternoon. :bigsmile:

Good luck! I know that you can do it, too! :bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

It sounds like you're more than halfway there with such a great routine! :smile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

Now that is pretty darn incredible! Woo hoo!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Welcome to all the additional new folks! Short check in here - blew it yesterday with my food because I had not slept much the night before I was exhausted but had to push myself to work through the evening. :ohwell: However, today, did pretty well despite not sleeping a lot last night either - let's hope that I actually make it to the end of the evening! (I've already logged out so I feel like I have to stick with what I posted.) One thing I'm proud of - haven't weighed myself the last 3 days :blushing:

Have a great Friday everyone! ~ Shivaun
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Welcome to all the additional new folks! Short check in here - blew it yesterday with my food because I had not slept much the night before I was exhausted but had to push myself to work through the evening. :ohwell: However, today, did pretty well despite not sleeping a lot last night either - let's hope that I actually make it to the end of the evening! (I've already logged out so I feel like I have to stick with what I posted.) One thing I'm proud of - haven't weighed myself the last 3 days :blushing:

Have a great Friday everyone! ~ Shivaun

Great Job! I struggle not to get on that scale also. I did weigh Monday, but I have been good other than that.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for your ideas for my work lunch. I'll try to be low key and see what happens.

Good luck with weigh in everyone!