you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhhh..... I'm sure we've all heard these "names" before: Abcde, Orangello/Lemongello, La-a (LaDasha), Ladynasty, ****head, etc. *Eye roll* C'mon people, we all know you don't actually know of anyone with these names! "Oh, my aunt's cousin's teacher had a kid in her class named [insert any of the above]." Yeah right.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Sister-in-law is a teacher and had a girl in her class whose name was literally Baby Girl.

That's what my son named our cat a long time ago.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I have a friend named Monique, She has gone by Mo all her life. She married a man with the ast name Butts. She refused to change her name (the one she goes by)

So she is Mo Butts. I was talking about her to my MIL. It made my MIL blush. she actually waked out of the room while going on about what an awful name it is and she should have changed it when she got married.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I also think "Blanket" (MJ's kid ) is an odd name

That's not his real name, it's his nickname.

Also, lots in here are urban legend, myths, whatever you want to call them.

If you're on twitter check out: @HorridBabyNames

Whats his real name?

Michael.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman named LaTissue. Yep "La Tissue"

Poor girl
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I also think "Blanket" (MJ's kid ) is an odd name

Haha that was a nickname. The kid's real name Prince Michael the Second. Because his older brother is Prince Michael (the first). Because that's MUCH more normal.

LOL...yeah, thats much better.
  • katejain
    Options
    A gal I worked with 4 years ago told me she went to school with 3 kids all siblings last name pig, one gal named ima pig, second gal ura pig and the boy was boob pig. Now that is messed up
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    my daughter has a cousin named Honey Moon...weird
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My kids are Madyson Leigh and Nora Garnett. I'm pregnant with #3 now, and we have settled on two unique names for him/her. Of course my hubs is a firefighter, so both of the names have to do with fire apparatus. Kind of strange, but they are cool names, and the few people we have bounced them off of really like them...and my friends are just like me...they're blunt. If they don't like something, they'll tell you...without hesitation.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I went to college with a girl name Golden Sunshine.

She said her parents were hippies...

Better "sunshine" than "shower"
  • LetsGoBlues
    Options
    My name is Rhiannon. pronounced " re ann on" after the Fleetwood Mac song. I hated it when I was younger because I was made fun of and no one could pronounce it correctly. Now that Im an adult, I love my name.
  • DaraEden
    DaraEden Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Somebody just named their newborn girl 'Hariette', and complete with an awful double barrel surname.

Anyone else think that is awfully old-fashioned?
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just heard this one today

Flannel Pajamas - pronouced Fla-nell Payjhahmays
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My eldest son is called Lewis, my hubby who is of Welsh descent wanted to call him Idris..you can understand why he is now an ex husband.

I mean we live in Wales, UK but naming your son Idris is just a recipe for disaster and bullying at school lol
  • Michelle650
    Options
    There was a guy in my school called Ethan Currans (I always thought it sounded like he was eating currants!)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

Really? Did you know Orangelo and Lemongelo too?
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I dated a girl named Brandy Sour
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    At the aquarium the other day, some woman with a smoker's accent/tongue piercing was calling for her daughter... Dayum.... say it a few times without moving your tongue. Poor child.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Who was the celebrity that named their kid Blanket?

That was dumb.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

And I work in a city called Oshawa, where there are at least 3 Joshawas in my school alone.

Oh, and I once taught a kid named T.J. 'cause that's all his momma could spell.

that one ive heard
    and fe ma le
    the lady said she didnt know what to name her so instead of female, she name her fe ma le

just watch maury, theres a lot of them