you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name became VERY popular shortly after she was born

I think I have a generic name, Shanna but no one pronounces it right....I have to tell them it's Anna with a SH. NOT shawna, shana, or I even get Jenna....wtf???

Now if I ever have a boy someday I'd be guilty of wanting to name him Wyatt James (Wyatt Earp + jesse James) I love westerns hahaha
    Gunner is another name I like or Meric
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ****head, pronounced sha-theed.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I went to my little sisters "Citizen of the Month" ceremony today and there were so many names the teacher messed up on. Hell, I couldn't imagine spelling the majority of them, much less pronouncing them. lol.

My sister in law is pregnant (their last name is Mitchell), I told her she should name him Mitchell Mitchell. Lmao.

I can't really talk though, if I ever had a girl I'd name her Sailyr Quinn.

Yeah, I'm ate up.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know a girl named Penny Nickle
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My name is Karissa, but nobody can ever get that right. I've even been called Clarice. I don't know HOW!

One of my favorite parts of my job when I worked taking to-go orders at IHOP was taking people's names over the phone and then seeing if the name they gave for the order matched the name on the credit card. Once a lady gave me the name "Unique", and sure enough, that was the name on her credit card! I've also seen Diamond.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Who was the celebrity that named their kid Blanket?

That was dumb.

michael jackson
    Yea, Michael Jackson was a great artist, but I just didn't understand that name.

Blanket is just a nickname, his real name is Prince Michael II. :smile:

I have actually always wished I had a unique name. Though these kids named after Jell-o... not quite the direction I was thinking!! :laugh:
    Mine is Melissa and I went to school with at least 2 or 3 other Melissa's in my class at all times. There were so many of us, we had to go by "Melissa D.", "Melissa W." etc. BORING!

Thing is, my mom's name is Treasure and I always thought that was awesome to have such a unique name. :smile: :smile:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Jason Lee named his son "Pilot Inspektor".
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Raiden Cage

And yes i am the coolest wife b/c i let our husband name our son that
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My mom at one time ran across a woman named Ivory Soap (I kid you not) and she used to be friends with a woman named Christmas Caroll Noels (She was born on Christmas day).

My old manager's cousin's name was Lemon (pronounced Le-moan)
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Scott Thrush
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were trying to pick names for our first child. We had a girls one picked and needed a boys. I had one I liked but he liked BROC. I told him if we named our child that I would put the middle name as LEE. (That's all I could think of when he said that name.) I did win with my choice for a boy. Thankfully our second child was a girl. Sorry to all the Brocs out there.
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know a woman who named her daughter: Ayris pronounced like Heiress and her son: Yohighnes pronounced like Your Highness.
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I work at the my local college. Was looking for enrolment form for audit and found one for a Welsh Guy - Dafyd Dill. I kid you not! Had to contact the student who confirmed it - poor chap...
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I have 8 kids. We have some with common names and some more unique. We have a Jakob (spelled with a k not a c). He loves telling people, "I'm Jakob with a K". I thought Levi was unique until recently. Our youngest is Uriah...haven't met any other ones with his name....yet!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    My daughters middle name is Juniper.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Raiden Cage

As a Mortal Kombat fan....I love you right now!! :drinker:
  • Elise1324
    Options
    I have two kids and my husband and I have very plain names (Amanda and David). We wanted to be different, but not absurd about it with you first we went with Tobias. We were told, after finding out I was pregnant again that it was a girl we decided on using a version of my middle name as hers and came up with Tessa Nikole (Nichole being my middle name) but the day your second baby was born things changed.... because it was another boy. We spent two days in the hospital trying to thing of something when it took us three months to decide on a girl's name. Finally we decided we liked the name Titus, but we also knew that having the first three letters spelling a female body part we couldn't leave it spelt that way... so we made it as phonetically correct as we could and spelled it Tydus.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Raiden Cage

As a Mortal Kombat fan....I love you right now!! :drinker:

Seconded!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My name is Lenneah, pronouced Lyn-ay-uh. I actually like my name, and don't really care that no one can pronounce it.
    My name is Linnéa, pronounced pretty much like yours. It's a very common name here in Sweden, where it means Twin flower.

My last name is after a tree so my full name means flower tree. Awesome.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have met Justin Case and a Mike Hunt. I don't think their parents thought this through....