Facebook Status u wish u could post but can't? Post away :)

Options

Replies

• rhonniema
    Options
    Stop posting pictures of your baby every freaking day.
    Stop sharing those "Like if you love Jesus, Scroll past if you love the Devil" pictures.
    Pictures of your kids & pictures of you half naked trying to be sexy shouldn't be in the same album, I'm just saying.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I'm definitely not hating on this, but I just for the life of me can not understand it...

When people take pictures of themseves and then post it on FB.

I can see if you are in a costume or something, but just to post a pic of yourself for no reason is so weird to me!!! I don't think I could ever do it. Like, those "in the car ones." lol! I dunno, a lot of my friends do it and I just don't get it.
  • Kamille2007
    Options
    Dear Facebook... and those of you who would die without it... It really is a complete shame what this world is coming to, you all and your Facebooks, Creepbooks, Slutbooks, Thugbooks, Wannadoyourmombooks, Imonlyheretomakemyselffeelbetterbooks, Talk****book.... SERIOUSLY!!! There is a better life, outside of sitting in front of your computer, on your phone, what have you, than to be a part of a social network that causes you to constantly judge and think negatively of others, to feel better about yourselves... PATHETIC... get out and DO SOMETHING... IN REAL LIFE!!!

Sincerley,
    Living in the REAL world
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dear Old School Friend whom i don't consider a friend now, please stop telling the world how great your kids are and how much you love them. I get the fact that your were stupid/drunk enough to reproduce. The rest of us do not need the sickeningly sweet sappy reminders of this. We are able to control ourselves/use appropriate protection.

Please do not post status updates to your children, they are not old enough to read. If they are old enough to read, try telling your children you love them/are proud of them. You know, in person. It'll mean a lot more.

Please stop putting pictures of your children as your profile picture. When I log in from other countries, facebook asks me to verify by naming my friends by looking at their pictures. I wouldn't recognise your children on the street, so theres no way I'm going to know who you are they are by looking at their photo. Your facebook profile is supposed to be you, not your children.

Dear Sister, yes I am going to decline your friend request yet again. I have no interesting in knowing how bored/drunk/fed up you are or that you've had a row with our mum again. Similarly, i do not need you to know the stupid photos i got tagged in or where i might be at any given moment. You do not need to see the near-the-knuckle comments made on my status update. You are my sister, but you are not my friend.

Regarding kids posts: I dont need to know potty details or tales of vomit. I just don't. I don't have kids for a reason!
  • Suz4nne
    Options
    When I constantly see posts of you going out drinking and dancing buying new shoes, and new photos of you every second day as your profile, then later crying over the fact that no one seems to like you and they want you to move out only makes me believe that you are drinking all your rent money. Stop crying over it, look after your children and GROW UP...... that felt great :-)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I really hate people posting about where they are and all the fancy food they are eating, shows they are seeing and places they are visiting when they can't pay their bills!
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "Hi Mom! I love you, but could you not ramble incoherently on every one of my pictures/post?"
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    are pics like this ok? its a dog with 3 tennis balls. i give up on photo bucket

th_jazzbisel.jpg

Thank You!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started feeling a lot better when I started editing who and what I can see in my feed.

Ditto. The block and hide-from-newsfeed functions are a godsend.
    I just edited my friends list instead. I keep it pretty low -- if we don't actually talk in real life, or interact regularly on the web, or if you're not a family member, odds are, you're not staying on the friends list long. But there are still the people I know and love, that post things I like to see/read, that ALSO post crap that annoys me (illogical political rants, if-you're-a-decent-human-being-you'll-repost-this crap, favorite causes, etc.), that unfortunately come along with the good stuff. Such is life. Which is why this thread is fun! Thanks, OP. :-)
  • DivineRED1
    Options
    The FB status that i wont post is:

I broke down and joined a gym this weekend.. Mainly for the free tanning that goes along with my membership!

LOL i dont post fitness related things on FB

I dont either. My besties and I have a private FB group where we post this kind of stuff to support each other. I dont need to post diet/exercise statuses for everyone, but there is a woman at my work who feels the need to tell everyone that she went to the gym. It's atrocious.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    To my friend whose most-used status update is a "note to self" thing: PLEASE! For the love of God, just grab a crayon, write down that little note/reminder to yourself on a scrap of paper, and stick the muthaf'r in your damn pocket! Just seems to me that it would be easier to pull out a little reminder from your pocket than to have to go look it up on your timeline.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Please, please, PLEASE . .. Stop posting daily pictures of your dinner plate showing me everything stupid little thing you eat!! Do you seriously think that anyone gives a crap??

:cry:

yes. I make beautiful food and Im a photographer. I pretend Im top chef. I dont understand how this could ruin your day. I dont understand what unhealthy or awful about it. I mean... I dont want to see 10 million pictures of your child with spaghettiOs smeared across his face, the floor and your clothing.

I think nitpicking on something harmless and beautiful like creating artwork and posting it on facebook shows something ugly inside the complainer.

ps just because my feelings got hurt:

296519_10152292115295107_1880322588_n.jpg
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "Stop posting pictures of your ugly babies."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    LOVE IT!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Please, please, PLEASE . .. Stop posting daily pictures of your dinner plate showing me everything stupid little thing you eat!! Do you seriously think that anyone gives a crap??

:cry:

yes. I make beautiful food and Im a photographer. I pretend Im top chef. I dont understand how this could ruin your day. I dont understand what unhealthy or awful about it. I mean... I dont want to see 10 million pictures of your child with spaghettiOs smeared across his face, the floor and your clothing.

I think nitpicking on something harmless and beautiful like creating artwork and posting it on facebook shows something ugly inside the complainer.

This. I didn't exactly ask to hear about every little thing your child has said or done today, but if that's what makes you happy, I'll gladly sift over it and you may even get a lol.

You will endure my chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta, dipped in panko and baked lovingly in a bath of marinara sauce and I, in turn, will tolerate any slog you feel the need to post.

Except for mile-long ill-tempered political banter, that sht'll get you kicked straight the fk off yo.
  • DivineRED1
    Options
    To the couple that have a joint account. Can't y'all get your own page? Geesh. Looks like a pretty non-trusting relationship to me...

So funny you mentioned this one. I have a friend who recently did this. They've only been together like 2 months. He made an announcement that he's changing FB pages again to this current one. AGAIN! WTF. She was in a private group and we had to remove her b/c it's a personal group of just 5 (now 4) besties. We don't know him, he can't have access to our group. It's weird and you don't know who is speaking. Send red flags off for me.
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ok so, 1st to the OP - thank you - this is genius - and I am over here crackin up!

Here's one for me:

Dear Person I Was Cool With 15 Years Ago But you Clearly Haven't Grown Any,

I could care less about how you and your jail bird man are bonnie and clyde and its yal against the world. Please stop these ramblings girl!

Dear Young Ghetto Family Members,

It saddens me to see the crap yal post on FB...and a rant would be pointless cuz yal just lost. I'm prayin for yal.

Dear Casual Church Acquaintance,

I'm just as saved as you...but do you really have to spiritualize everything? Some stuff just is dude. Stop it. This does not make you any more righteous than me.

Dear People from My Old Neighborhood,

Wow...grownups really post on FB about gettin high and drunk and post pics showing this behavior??? Just wow (in my Flavor Flav voice).

Oh, Oh, one more.

Dear People I Went To High School With,

I could care less about your rap career, I don't want to hear or buy your music and I wouldn't be caught dead at one of your shows.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    One status you say you need to find a job because you ca't pay your bills. The next one you tell me you're cooking shrimp scampi for dinner while drinking a bottle of wine. For a person who can't pay their bills, you eat better than I do and drink more than I do.
    hahaha...I had one who was complaining about needing to make money and move out of their trailer park (where she and her husband live with 3 kids in a two bedroom trailer)..then the next day she wanted someone to help design her new tattoo...huh? I don't have tattoos, but I do know they aren't cheap!!

Priorities people!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The beauty of autonomy is that no matter how insanely republican you act on facebook, my little 'ol democratic vote will negate any enititled, misinformed, and racist thing you have to say. Your bull**** does not change my mind. And I don't have to be crazy to do it!
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not hating on this, but I just for the life of me can not understand it...

When people take pictures of themseves and then post it on FB.

I can see if you are in a costume or something, but just to post a pic of yourself for no reason is so weird to me!!! I don't think I could ever do it. Like, those "in the car ones." lol! I dunno, a lot of my friends do it and I just don't get it.

Or, in the car, but not looking at the camera, as if someone just HAPPENED to be sitting on your dashboard snapping a pic.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    One more cause I can't stop this.

Please please please for the love of Pete take the pacifier out of your childs mouth when you post pics.

Also please stop posting pics of all the designer bags filled with all your designer stuff that you bought when you and your husband and kids live in a 2 bedroom apartment.