Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to see and sense "things". There is always one that will stick out though. Right after I had my daughter I was laying in bed and she was in her crib right across from me. I had just woken up and I looked over to watch her sleep. Just as I rolled over I saw a shadow about 5'6" standing right next to her crib. I looked up at it and said, "No, not her. What ever you're going to do to her I'll take it in her place. Take me." It stayed there for about 20 seconds and vanished. Not more than 24 hours later I was in the hospital. They thought I was having mini strokes, but I had developed a severe infection. I still deal with some of the side effects today, but I will never regret saying what I did to that "thing" because I honestly believe if I had not my daughter might not be here today. I love her with everything and I would do it 1000x over for her.
  • natty_34
    Options
    i love this subject....my boyfriend an i have to gone ghost hunting we dont do anything major go take pics..ive got some really spooky pics! its fun

Please share! :)
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to see and sense "things". There is always one that will stick out though. Right after I had my daughter I was laying in bed and she was in her crib right across from me. I had just woken up and I looked over to watch her sleep. Just as I rolled over I saw a shadow about 5'6" standing right next to her crib. I looked up at it and said, "No, not her. What ever you're going to do to her I'll take it in her place. Take me." It stayed there for about 20 seconds and vanished. Not more than 24 hours later I was in the hospital. They thought I was having mini strokes, but I had developed a severe infection. I still deal with some of the side effects today, but I will never regret saying what I did to that "thing" because I honestly believe if I had not my daughter might not be here today. I love her with everything and I would do it 1000x over for her.

*chiIlllllllllllllllllllllllllls* !!!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've never had any personal encounters but my friends/family have shared their stories with me.

I have a friend who has had two dreams involving my mom (after her passing). My brother had broken up with his girl friend and was pretty heart broken over the split. I hadn't told my friend anything yet about my brother's situation. But she had dreamed that my mom came to her asking her to please make sure that David (my brother) was ok. She kept insisting that he was not well and to please look out for him.

The same friend had another dream (actually this was the first one regarding my mom) In this dream my mom was telling her to please check with Sylvia (me) and find out where her headstone for her grave was. I'm a bit of a proscrastinator and I had received the final print out of what my moms headstone would read and look, but I hadn't dropped it of with my ok yet. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted them to change something, the reason for my hesitation in dropping it off. When my friend shared the dream it was just a few days after I had dropped off the signed ok for the headstone.

On a silly note, my mom without fail would always spill food on herself when we'd go out to lunch or dinner. So now it seems someone either my father, brother or myself will spill something...it's our way of knowing my mom is with us.

I'll check back to share other friends stories.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options

I also think that I am just ever so slightly clairvoyant. Not enough to be useful, but just enough to make me believe. For instance, I will think about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in ages and all of a sudden I will see them out and about, or they will call me or email me, etc. Also, lately, I will have thoughts (that I don't say out loud) and then people will actually say them (like they read my mind) or my thoughts will come true (like premonitions). I wish I could use this ability to pick winning lottery numbers, but alas, I cannot. LOL

Lol, me too...of course maybe if I played the lotto more often I might win. But I've thought of people and go to make a call to them and find them on the phone line before my phone ever rang. I get the ringing in my ear when someone is thinking about me and sure enough my phone will ring or I get an email. One time I freaked out my coworkers when I clearly said someone is thinking of me and I reached for my cell phone and when I pulled it out of my pocket it rang.

I also recall driving home from school/college long long time ago one evening and I used to automatically head straight to the fast lane to hurry home after my day. One night I stayed put in the slow lane and I even thought that's odd by now I'm over in the fast lane. At the instance, someone in the fast lane had slammed on their brakes and they were rear ended, it created a bit of a chain reaction since traffic had been flowing at a decent speed. I figured I had an angel with me...makes me think of the movie "City of Angels"
  • roundrunner
    roundrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The previous owner of our condo was an elderly lady who died. Neighbors said she was nice. 3 things:

- One morning I left for work but my husband was still in bed. The bedroom door had been left open a couple inches and he saw someone looking at him through the open space. He thought it was me, called out my name, and the person left

- Another time we were sitting on the couch watching TV and a loose DVD that was sitting on top of the entertainment center gently & silently lifted off and landed neatly on the floor right in front of us. It couldn't have been blown off -- we hadn't moved & there was no movement around us. Also, the windows were closed & air was not on.

- About a year after moving in I had a baby. After the baby was able to sit up/stand in his crib, sometimes he would stare in the direction of the wall opposite his crib and laugh. There was no one there, but the way he was acting it seemed like someone was making him laugh.

Just want to note that I have always been a big chicken/scaredy cat when it comes to the paranormal. But for some reason I was never uncomfortable or scared while living in that condo, even after those incidents occurred and we suspected the lady's ghost was around.
  • dougt333
    Options
    Logicical explanaton number 2 for ghosts.
    A few of my buddies and I once made up a story about a haunted school in Zellwood, Florida. We would take people out there and tell them the story then leave them or pretend the car wouldn't start and stuff just to mess with them.
    Years later, I drove by it with a completely unrelated friend and she told me the same stories I made up years ago with a few new exaggerated details.
    The origin of a ghost story. The building did look creepy though.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    bump so I can tell my stories in detail.... my husband has had demons follow him around all his adult life... they manifested in our life when he moved in.... I have a lot of stories to tell.... possibly one in our home again :( I'll share the details later. Freaky stuff.
  • almmiles
    almmiles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump and a story of my own. When I was 7 my great grandma passed away. I was staying at my grandmas for the weekend. (it was her mother that passed) During the day her doorbell rang. It was a little hard to get to work and no one ever used it when they came over always just knocked on the door. Anyhow you had to press it really hard to get it to work. I opened the door only to see that there was no one in the yard or on the porch or down the street for that matter. Her yard was all rock so we would have been able to hear them coming up the drive. So I told my grandma and she said "Oh, must have been Nonie coming to say Hi."
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    I drank too much vodka, started seeing things and then woke up next to a hairy dwarf with a half empty condom hanging out of his *kitten*!. Try explaining that!!

rsz_cooltext764704302.jpg
    17427511.png
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it's going to be a long read. But definitely worth it for those of you interested in this ****.

Well, my freshmen year of HS, about 7 years ago, things started happening in my parents house. Built in 1925, originally owned by a county judge. It was weird, I would be downstairs at night watching TV and would hear people almost stomping around upstairs on nights I was home alone, sometimes it was just the sound of walking or pacing. Doors would open and close. The chairs would seemingly pull themselves out and push themselves in when no one was looking. Cabinets would open and close, you could hear them from the other room. And when I would get out of bed to walk to the bathroom at night, I could stop in the hall and hear a voice from the kitchen, a muffled woman's voice, I could not understand what she was saying but she would speak, wait as if an unheard voice was replying, and then continue to go on chatting. It was weird. When I would lay in bed at night, I could feel someone like standing at the foot of my bed, and watching my sleep, and then listen to them walk out of my room.

I thought I was crazy, and that it was my imagination. Then one night, when I was trying to explain to my parents why I looked so tired all the time, and why I wasn't sleeping well, while trying to avoid the truth because I was crazy, right? There was an awkward silence which was broken by my mom saying, "Don (my dad), I think we have something in this house," and went on to describe the foot steps, the voices, the doors, the chairs and cabinets. She also went on to talk about how when she left in the morning (always the last to leave, and the first one home), she would make sure all the lights in the house were off, and by the time she got to my car, the light in my sisters room would be on, so she would go back to turn it off, and it would be off when she got back upstairs, or she would leave it on, and it would be off by the time she got home. It wasn't faulty wiring as the switch seemed to operate itself, and this only stopped with the duct taping of her light switch.

The kicker is, nothing has happened for several years now. for their 25th wedding anniversary my father got my mother a white gold bracelet with a white gold charm with a diamond spec in it, the charm randomly went missing and we tore the house apart and turned it upside down looking for it. Although unrelated, and not thought of until about 10 months later, the day that charm went missing, was the day things started happening. We realized it 10 months later when the same charm fell out of the air, crossed my father's line of sight, hit the stack of papers he was carrying, and rolled across the floor. Now this is my father that to this day claims that our house was never haunted, but "to this day, cannot explain what happened there." And to this day, nothing has happened since the day that charm reappeared.

================================================== =======

My best friend's great grandmother passed away 2 years ago, and in memorium they had vases, candles, and cards printed with a black and white picture of her with a poem. They put one of each into the room that she died in. All 3 of them had her hair turn from black to green in the picture/ etching. It happened to no other pictures or print in the room, and not to a single other vase, card, or candle anywhere else that people had them.

My great aunt and uncle were big fans of Danny O'Donnell, Irish singer that sings to the elderly crowd, mainly about death and old age. When Uncle Al was on his death bed, his last words he ever spoke were "I'll see you on the other side of the rainbow," these were lyrics from a Danny O. song, and he said them to Aunt Pat. He died just moment later. When Aunt Pat and my grandmother woke up the next day, there was a rainbow that seemed to end in Aunt Pat's back yard.

My Dad's best friend, Mark, died in November of 2011 from lung cancer. In his last summer, his 8 or 9 year old grandson, Jake, spent the whole summer by his side. Mark slept in a recliner in living room as it was too uncomfortable to lay down completely, Jake slept in a sleeping bag right next to him, every night. The 2 were inseparable.

In November, Jake was back home with his parents, going to school. Mark passed away sometime Sunday night, so naturally his wife did not call his daughters until the next morning. When Jake's mother found out, she got the phone call at 9am, and Jake was already in school. Rather than pull Jake out of school she figured she would tell him when he got off the bus.

When he walked through the door of their house that afternoon, she went to talk to him and sat him down at a stool in the kitchen, and said "Jake, I have to tell you something." To which he replied, "No. You don't." And she obviously was persistent and said, "Jake, I do, it's really important!" And he simply said "Mom, I don't want to hear it, I already know!" She told him that that was impossible, that there was no way he knew. He said "Mom, I know, Poppa's dead." She was a little freaked out and asked him how he knew and he said. "He was in my room last night, and told me he had to go, but that everything was going to be okay."

When I heard this, it really wasn't surprising, because Mark is exactly the kind of guy that would do his best, to make the rounds and say goodbye to those he felt needed to hear it the most.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I posted before but figured I would add a couple more since I have some time.

We never really had anything weird happen until the end of 2009 (started with the "father-in-law" light activity mentioned before). Not sure what else changed but something definitely did.

One day I got home from work and found a glass candle holder had been moved from behind other items on my shelf and dropped. It was broken in tiny pieces on the carpet. Still not sure at all how that would happen. No animals or people had been in that room. A couple days later I was explaining what happened to my boyfriend and we hear a loud boom come from the next room over. Scared me!

My cat is not allowed in my room much. I keep the door closed because I want her out of my room whenever I'm not home and she doesn't sleep in there 5 days each week. She is only allowed to sleep in there on weekends. Even so, I have felt movement on the end of the bed. One night while I we were getting ready to sleep my boyfriend says, "I haven't said anything because I didn't want to scare you but sometimes when I'm in bed...." and I finished with, "It feels like something is walking on the bed." That's what he was going to say. We had both felt it individually. We lost a different cat a few years ago so we always assume it is her. (hope so anyway). We've had two different beds during this time (a regular spring mattress and a foam mattress) so it isn't the bed. It just feels like a cat pacing at the end of the bed. More annoying than scary but I still don't like not knowing what it is.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I posted before but figured I would add a couple more since I have some time.

We never really had anything weird happen until the end of 2009 (started with the "father-in-law" light activity mentioned before). Not sure what else changed but something definitely did.

One day I got home from work and found a glass candle holder had been moved from behind other items on my shelf and dropped. It was broken in tiny pieces on the carpet. Still not sure at all how that would happen. No animals or people had been in that room. A couple days later I was explaining what happened to my boyfriend and we hear a loud boom come from the next room over. Scared me!

My cat is not allowed in my room much. I keep the door closed because I want her out of my room whenever I'm not home and she doesn't sleep in there 5 days each week. She is only allowed to sleep in there on weekends. Even so, I have felt movement on the end of the bed. One night while I we were getting ready to sleep my boyfriend says, "I haven't said anything because I didn't want to scare you but sometimes when I'm in bed...." and I finished with, "It feels like something is walking on the bed." That's what he was going to say. We had both felt it individually. We lost a different cat a few years ago so we always assume it is her. (hope so anyway). We've had two different beds during this time (a regular spring mattress and a foam mattress) so it isn't the bed. It just feels like a cat pacing at the end of the bed. More annoying than scary but I still don't like not knowing what it is.

Ok..that one..

that one was a little bit scary.

._.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    In the one apartment I lived in a red woman would stand in our living room at night and a red man would stand in the hallway during the day. I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy because I stopped seeing them both when I moved.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    When i was younger I lived in what I now know to be a haunted house. Well I woke up to the sound of a TV static in the living room. I went in to turn it off. The TV was off, but sitting on the couch, was some small person shaped..TV static, is all I can describe it as. I was 7 or 8, so I was old enough to know something weird was happening. It turned its head toward me and I just ran back to bed. That was it. Never saw it again. Other things happened in that house, but never saw the static man again.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    When I was 9 I used to be terrified of the dark. One night while trying to get to sleep I heard a woman screaming. HELP ME HELP ME. It went on and on until suddenly she burst through my window and landed on my rocking horse. Still screaming she reached out her hand to me, "HELP ME HELP ME"

And then she faded away.

Since then I haven't been able to sleep in rooms with slanted ceilings.

Hmm.. what else?

My cousin swears a little girl would jump on her bed all night when the lights were turned out. No one else ever saw the 'little girl' but my cousin SWEARS she was there.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump for later..really great stories...love it
  • meewii
    meewii Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *bump
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I used to live in my grandmother's house and I swear she was still there in spirit. I had my hair playfully pulled, my husband had someone tap his shoulder while in bathroom. My BFF was awaken one morning by someone (not me) saying "Good Morning sweetheart".

My cousin lived in the house before me and was walking down the stairs with her newborn and tripped. She felt like someone lifted the baby so he wouldn't hit the ground and steadied her.

So yes I believe!