Can you lose weight with Tae-Bo?

Options

Replies

• anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You have to buy those Zumba toning sticks (only the 1lb versions unless you want to get beastly) to use with your Tae Bo workout. They're called toning sticks, they MUST work!

If it says it's for Zumba you damn sure don't want to use them for Tae Bo. Tae Bo and Zumba are mutual lipoplasticizers. They will cause your sacroiliac to produce carbs which will store as fat in your abdominal vessicle.

ha ha! awesome.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

Wait. A woman lifting heavy will get taller?

No.

stupid question.

Really?

Which is more stupid, my question or your statement that women lifting heavy will make them " long and lean"?
    I mean, surely you aren't saying that lifting heavy changes muscle insertion points...

Women don't have enough endosterone to change muscle insertion points. When women lift heavy it increases bone density as the bone density increases their muscles get stronger and pull the bones in opposite directions which makes them longer. If this happens in the legs or rib cage the woman will get taller.

Ha! See, I knew it. Lifting heavy can make a woman taller. I just didn't remember all of the sciency reasons why. Hard to believe I forgot about endosterone. (Don't I feel stupid now.)

makes them APPEAR Longer...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Epic Troll Thread is Epic.

This would be 9 pages already if the Mods hadn't raided it and cut out all the good stuff.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, lifting heavy won't make you big, but very long and lean. You don't have the testosterone like men do in order to get 'big". If you get bulky it's b/c there is FAT not being lost yet as you build muscle. It take a while to balance out. Lift heavy. And yes, tae bo will help you lose weight if you lift weights 3 days a week in combination.

Wait. A woman lifting heavy will get taller?

No.

stupid question.

Really?

Which is more stupid, my question or your statement that women lifting heavy will make them " long and lean"?
    I mean, surely you aren't saying that lifting heavy changes muscle insertion points...

Women don't have enough endosterone to change muscle insertion points. When women lift heavy it increases bone density as the bone density increases their muscles get stronger and pull the bones in opposite directions which makes them longer. If this happens in the legs or rib cage the woman will get taller.

Ha! See, I knew it. Lifting heavy can make a woman taller. I just didn't remember all of the sciency reasons why. Hard to believe I forgot about endosterone. (Don't I feel stupid now.)

makes them APPEAR Longer...

So lifting heavy creates an optical illusion? (Like those two lines with the arrows going different directions on the ends makes one look longer even though they are exactly the same length?)

Seem legit.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

So lifting heavy creates an optical illusion? (Like those two lines with the arrows going different directions on the ends makes one look longer even though they are exactly the same length?)

Seem legit.

The easiest way to elongate your hamstrings is to go stand in a restaurant freezer for 30-minutes go outside and without any warm-ups or stretching do an all-out sprint as if you were running for your life. There's a very good chance you'll "elongate" your hammies. :)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Seem legit.

The easiest way to elongate your hamstrings is to go stand in a restaurant freezer for 30-minutes go outside and without any warm-ups or stretching do an all-out sprint as if you were running for your life. There's a very good chance you'll "elongate" your hammies. :)

It is amazing the things I learn in the MFP forums. I can't wait to try these tips so I can have longer muscles.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Seem legit.

It is amazing the things I learn in the MFP forums. I can't wait to try these tips so I can have longer muscles.

It really should work for you. You may not be able to walk and could be on crutches or in a wheel chair but your hammies will be a little longer for sure.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Seem legit.

It really should work for you. You may not be able to walk and could be on crutches or in a wheel chair but your hammies will be a little longer for sure.

This seems like a reasonable trade-off for longer muscles. At least I won't wake up one day looking all big and bulky. (Ewww.)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Do 50 air-slaps a day, I promise you won't look manly
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    so i spent 3 hours last night doing a tie bow and i weighed myself but i didnt lose any weight how does this program work how long does it take is it because my muscle weighs more now

maybe you were doing it wrong. were you tying bows on just one of your shoes or both, you have to do it evenly.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Seem legit.

This seems like a reasonable trade-off for longer muscles. At least I won't wake up one day looking all big and bulky. (Ewww.)

But, but, but....I thought men were supposed to be big and bulky??

I'm so confused. My life is a lie.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Because I'm too lazy to read through all this......Has Azackery been in here yet?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just stopped in with high hopes of spotting an MFP legend...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Tried Thai beau. All I got was a romantic evening in Bangkok.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Seem legit.

But, but, but....I thought men were supposed to be big and bulky??

I'm so confused. My life is a lie.

I've heard that the best way to elongate your muscles is to tie each limb off on a horse and then have someone whip them (the horse that is). I gurente longer muskles.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Tried Thai beau. All I got was a romantic evening in Bangkok.

One night in Bangkok makes the . . . oh, sorry.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my shoes..you want me to tie bows?
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    This is what you seek:

TNwmK.gif
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    whku55.jpg
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course, I love Tai Bo and have ALL of Billy Blanks workout.

Ignore those who say you can't get bulky, you can and I'll stick to my 3lb weights thank you. Cardio sculpt has given me great results.
    I don't have any pictures to prove it, but I don't have to answer to anyone else. I know my body!!

Oh AZachary, where have you gone? I miss your posts.