WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY

Options

Replies

• arborsong
    Options
    Gooooooodddddd morning everyone!!! Sometimes just a teeny weeny bit of motivation can catapult one way up in the sky past the stars!!! Hi, there's where I am today!!! Joy Joy Joy!!!! Life is so good!!! And, I hope all of you can find that place of joy in your life. Now, mind you , this has nothing to do with love or Valentine's or any of that mush. The only male in my life is 4 years old! I don't know, it just seems to have all clicked and here we go......................

SuzyQQQ - Ok I was soooooo motivated this am that I downed a teaspoon of the apple cider vinegar you talk about. WHOAH!!! Ok, but it went down and I'm expecting a great day with no cravings for sugar. Will keep you posted!

We're supposed to get 2" of snow tonight. For us folks in the South, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!

Wishing for all of you a weekend filled with love - with or without a special someone!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome to any and all newbies!:flowerforyou:

I have been busy but I've read everyones' posts and want to let you know--I've said a prayer for all of you who need them and are sending good wishes to all!:heart::heart:

I lost 2 more pounds. I'm glad. I kind of wanted to be under 200 by my birthday at the beginning of March. I don't think that will happen though! No matter, just so long as the numbers keep going down!:happy:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday morning ladies!

Many of you are doing just fantastic and congradulations to you! You deserve big pats on the back. Too bad there's not a smiley for that.

Big hugs to all who need them.

To those in the southeast - Good luck weathering the snow storm. The good thing about snow is that it melts quickly on sunny days.

To those in the northeast - Ditto on surviving the weather. I do wish I was back there with you in the middle of it.

We have been getting 1-2 inches of snow EVERY night this week so far. Just enough to be annoying, but not enough to cause trouble.

Jeannie
  • lntbb
    lntbb Posts: 30
    Options
    Being a newbie and having to find my way back to the site...I'm glad I found you all agin. I have to say, thanks for all the huggs that you send out. I needed one today! After shoveling the nearly 3 feet of snow we got here since last weekend,(5 hrs) and my regular exercise this week,-30-60 miin a day) I did an unofficial weigh in and have gained 2.5 pounds! :sad:

Can anyone give me some pointers on how that happened? I made sure that I was recording everything and didn't go out of the calorie alotment for any day but there it is. UP ! Hum? Suggestions? Anybody else ever have this happen? Oh, yeah, I don't think it's muscle, becuase it takes time to build muscle - I'd love to think so , but I doubt that's the case.

Cheers to all of us for sticking with it and 'gettin' 'er done!:happy:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :smile: HAPPY FRIDAY! Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement with the situation with Mom. I talked with her yesterday afternoon, and I can tell the pain meds she is on are keeping her a bit loopy and she says she is not in pain :tongue: No kidding she's on heavy drugs! I think the only thing they can do for a fractured pelvis:sad: is keep you as still as possible so she is in bed. I figure they won't move her until Monday to a rehab place and then Hubby and I will decide when we need to head west.

Barb - thank you so much for all your encouraging words. "Grass Pants" I hadn't heard that in a long time...it always takes me by surprise when I'm there at how many young (er) people are so overweight there in comparison to the Portland area and especially the difference from here in Denver, people her even run and bike in the snow!:noway:

Barbie - A hug instead of a (choc) kiss....she must see how hard you are working on the "New You":love:

Rebel - Hang in there the scale will move :grumble: you just keep doing what you're doing ...sometimes it takes a bit to give it a shove but when it does you will feel GREAT:bigsmile:

I may not be able to check in over the weekend, last night after my workout I tried to log in and our home computer crashed. We have called our #3 Son (he was a programer for the Air Force 02-07) and he said he'd try and come over and "fix" it for us.:flowerforyou: So glad he can because Hubby was pretty short on patience:angry: with it last night.

Everyone have a good weekend!:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    Good morning all! Well it's Friday and I've stayed on track all week. I'm down 3 lbs from Monday. I knew if I kept track of what I ate, that I could get in control again. I'm 161.6 today. I haven't seen that number in probably six months or more. I've been on the treadmill faithfully all week for at least 45 minutes, but I'm pushing myself to running longer periods of time. Seems to be working.

Do any of you eat your exercise calories? I know you are supposed to, but I just can't wrap my head around that concept. I couldn't do it at WW either.

What are your weekend plans? I am having a garage sale with my neighbor. It will be quite chilly (we are in Houston) and I hope we have a good turn out. My neighbor is moving to AZ in April and she needs to get stuff out of her house.

Have a good day everyone. I'm going to catch up on back posts.

:smile:
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just a note to say hello and to offer my support to all of those with physicial ailments and family issues. I'll be praying for all of you.

Burned 423 calories on the treadmill this am.....now off to work.

Have a great Valentine weekend ladies !!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Being a newbie and having to find my way back to the site...I'm glad I found you all agin. I have to say, thanks for all the huggs that you send out. I needed one today! After shoveling the nearly 3 feet of snow we got here since last weekend,(5 hrs) and my regular exercise this week,-30-60 miin a day) I did an unofficial weigh in and have gained 2.5 pounds! :sad:

Can anyone give me some pointers on how that happened? I made sure that I was recording everything and didn't go out of the calorie alotment for any day but there it is. UP ! Hum? Suggestions? Anybody else ever
    this happen? Oh, yeah, I don't think it's muscle, becuase it takes time to build muscle - I'd love to think so , but I doubt that's the case.

Cheers to all of us for sticking with it and 'gettin' 'er done!:happy:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I get on the scale three times a day and write down the weight two of those times but I don't take any weight seriously until it has been there for a whole week. Weight goes up and down for a whole lot of reasons. the most important thing is to continue the good things you're doing........take a look at your food diary......are you eating only nutrition dense foods or do you have a bunch of empty calories....and most important, never, never, never give up.
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi everyone ......:bigsmile: I've been with you for nearly 3 weeks now and have lost 4lb. I know it's not much but at least I've not been stuffing myself with crisps and chocolate.And at least the weight hasn't gone up!! It's made me think about what I eat and motivate me to carry on regardless! :drinker:

Had an early start today - 2.30am to be precise! When Mum decided it was time to get up and shower. By 4.00 she'd dressed ( had hoped she'd go back to bed) and by 6.45 she was in her sitting room, hat on ready to go out. Most of this time we had various tunes hummed loudly - surprised she didn't play the piano like the other night! At least she was happy!!:bigsmile: She had tea with biscuits at 6.45 am when she announced she was going back to bed!! :noway: She had to be up for breakfast at 8.30 and out by 9.30 for her day centre!!
    :laugh: Anyone got the matchsticks to hold my eyelids open?

SO ..... tonight I really do feel like having a nice LARGE glass of red wine. I haven't worked the last few days as my wrist is unpredictable and it's been difficult to hold things - especially a duster!!! So no cleaning calories there!! Also my DIL has been with us and I really needed to spend time with her and the baby!! We had lunch out today and had steak (Not the baby) ... sorry to say I did have the chips,mushrooms and onion rings.:embarassed: Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight to go with the wine ...... any ideas?

Dance DVD's have got lost apparently ... after a phone call, we have more winging ... or rather dancing.... their way to us. For the inconvenience they've thrown an extra Tango DVD in. So ...:grumble: we're still waiting for the postman. We told the dance studio that we'd ordered items from the States at the same time and had got them very quickly... Rum Runners for the cruise booze!! So shame on them for us not getting things from 15 miles away!!

:heart: Hope you all have a great weekend ... say cheerio to troubles if you can or at least put them aside for a while to give yourself a break!!

:laugh: I'm hoping my weigh in will go well on Sunday ... Either that or that I'll grow at least 18 inches so that my weight to height ratio will be better!! Fat chance of that!!

cheers all
    Jackie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I went up again today. I don't get this. I was 115 last Sat. and I'm 119 today and I've not been very hungry so I've easily been eating at a calorie deficit. But my weight is going up!

I know.... scales lie, it's how you feel and your clothes fit, blah, blah, blah.

It's still frustrating.
  • bradybrookes
    Options
    Yesterday was a nightmare for eating in our office. Little office potluck . . . Little Smokies with BBQ sauce, cheese, crackers, donuts, brownies, trail mix, dips and chips . . . AACK!!!!!!!! :grumble: Grazed some, but hopefully not too bad. We’ll be out tonight for a Valentine event. I think the weekend will be hard enough with Valentine’s Day and the free-flowing chocolate!!! Goal for February was to lose 5 pounds. Not down anything for the month yet (too much travel . . . maybe?) I need to get on the ball the last part of the month to make my goal!! Noticed someone said they had been logging everything but not losing . . . that is super frustrating but can be caused by so many reasons :angry: . . . salt, water retention, working muscles hard enough to retain more water and acids . . . for me when that happens I realize it all starts in my brain. I have to KNOW it WILL happen and the weight WILL come off. :wink: Relax, meditate on the way you want to look, the way you want to feel, the way you want to be able to move. Consciously make time everyday (just a few minutes when you wake up) to enjoy the picture of the new you. Celebrate the small victories . . the seat belt that fits better (especially on an airplane!), the clothes that feel better, the bad stuff you didn’t eat. Keep your “self-talk” positive. :happy: It will happen . . .
    143992.png
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies

Eating exercise calories and my take on it - I do eat them but very conservatively. For example if the site says I burned 500, I will eat 300 or so. I minus 100-120 calories from my excercise calories for each hour of working out because that's approximately the number of calories per hour covered under my BMR calories- so I don't want to 'double dip' and overeat. I read somewhere that one of the most difficult things to refrain from is overeating your workout calories.

I have decided to approach my journey from a "fitness" perspective. I've finally decided that I want to be fit more than I want to be thinner. Of course I hope the weight will come off but I'm trying to focus on the good health benefits I'm gaining on the inside.

MacMadame Prime example - I don't know if I cared what the scale said if I could cycle for a 100 freakin' miles - You rock. Also I wanted to mention how amazed I was by your before and afters that I saw while browsing. You definitely look FIT. Very inspirational.

We have a long weekend here so I'm really looking forward to some time off work. I hope I can keep my eating in check. No chocolate for me thanks!!

Olympic opening ceremonies tonight right?

Back to work now.

Have a great weekend - and to any other Canadians - Happy Family Day Monday.

Heather
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    It finally got warm and dry long enough to ride my bike today. I think that is my favorite way to burn calories. :happy: Still working on the aftermath of my carb overload over the weekend. But I'm back on track now. Time to get focused. I go to the beach in 56 more days.
  • anotheryrolder
    Options
    All you with elderly family to take care of get a gold star for effort! I've been there and it's not easy, though I had a much easier time than some. My parents lived to 98 - well a couple weeks shy of 98 (Dad) & 89 (Mom). They both maintained their faculties and got to stay at home with home care and Lifeline. Even at that there were falls and my Dad broke an ankle. For those with severe health and mental issues to deal with, God bless you.

It has been an extra inspiration to me to get fit. I am much heavier that either of my parents were and less active. Dad was a skinny active farmer and still helped farm until he was 96. So, today I decided to leave the dogs and traffic behind and joined to gym "near" here. My Valentine's present to me. :bigsmile: Told DH I took care of it.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes hill climbing on a recumbent bike and make a circuit of the other machines. Gonna be sore in the morning! :bigsmile:

I'm trying to get into the 100's by March 15. That's 10 pounds. Now if someone could just duck tape my mouth after dinner, I'd be good to go! Evening is always the worst for me. DH wants me to watch TV with him and then I want to munch. Sometimes I think he just doesn't want the racket of me doing stuff when he's watching the TV.:grumble: Anyway I resisted the popcorn he popped last night. I gave myself a gold star for that. I love popcorn! Carbs and salt - what's not to like??

I made some tzatziki today and that with carrot sticks should be good to munch on. I'll eat some of my exercise calories.

Don't know if my ticker will show up here, so I'll post my loss to keep myself honest - first week 2 down and 8 to go by March 15. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Brenda and I am 58 years old. I joined MFP January 18th and I love this site. I am going through a divorice after 38 years of marriage, went through a depression and gained 50 pounds. I have changed my whole lifestyle of eating and am finally on the right track. I wish each and everyone of you good luck on your journey.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Brenda and I am 58 years old. I joined MFP January 18th and I love this site. I am going through a divorice after 38 years of marriage, went through a depression and gained 50 pounds. I have changed my whole lifestyle of eating and am finally on the right track. I wish each and everyone of you good luck on your journey.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Brenda, you have come to the right place.......I've been on this thread for a year and these women have helped to change my life......I wish you a wonderful journey to your goal.

:flowerforyou: on the subject of eating your exercise calories......For a long time I kept myself at 1200-1300 calories no matter what and lost weight pretty easily.......one day I walked for about 90 minutes and came home so weak and hungry that I ate a carb and protein snack immediately and felt much better.....that's what got me understanding that on big exercise days I couldn't eat as little as I ate on lazy days.....my eating has always been nutrition dense even before I started on Isagenix......for me today, I frequently do an extra workout just to allow myself another food treat (a long walk equals peanut butter:bigsmile: )

:flowerforyou: Heather, I'm with you on fitness being important, that's why healthy eating and getting a lot of exercise has been important to me from the beginning.......I agree with you that MacMadame is my inspiration:bigsmile:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :huh: Not sure if I've joined this post yet or not. I've joined a few and had a hard time finding them again :grumble:

:smile: My goals for this month is to lose the 3 lbs I gained back last week and to check in here every day, If I can find this post
    :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :huh: Not sure if I've joined this post yet or not. I've joined a few and had a hard time finding them again :grumble:

:smile: My goals for this month is to lose the 3 lbs I gained back last week and to check in here every day, If I can find this post
    :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

If you click on the 'Community' tab at the top of the page and then on 'My Topics" you will find the last 25 threads you have posted in,

Good luck with your journey! This is a wonderful group to be a part of!:heart:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you SO much! I'm new to this site and it will take me a while to figure it out.
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have been faithfully recording my food and reading the posts. One great aspect of this group is that I am accountable to me via my food entry and encouraged by your expeirience, strength and hope. I have returned to exercise after my last knee surgery and really enjoy the Wii AC Active 60 day challenge. I have been doing it faithfully and sticking with my Isagenix nutritional program. I have to modify some of the exercise as my knee is limited due to OA.:grumble: :grumble: Well yesterday and today I have the most painful flu I have ever had. My whole body hurts. I couldn't sleep and took three hot baths last night to get some short period of relief. :sad: :sad: I am taking Ibuprofen every 3 hours and that just keeps it a little at bay. I indulged in some comfort popcorn at ACE on my way home sick from work and have eaten all my 1200 calories plus 200 more and it is only 6:30. Comfort food I guess. I am not sick to my tummy thank goodness but eating isn't the solution for the flu. Some old habits die hard. Today is a rest day for the Wii but on my rest days I have been doing the 4 mile walk cd in my office at lunchtime. I will not be doing anything until this awful flu passes. Chills, sweats, pain in every joint and no fever. Weard flu but I know this too will pass.

Thanks for all your shares and I am drinking lots of water no matter what.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lianne from rainy Fieldbrook in Northern California