*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in September *

Options

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    I did 30 in the last 9 days, I should get in on the next one, goal is 42 miles a week (daily 10k)

*** The Runners' Team * September * 50+ and 100+ Miles Challenge *
    Hi Runner's Team (and newbies) - September is here (or almost here), and who is in for September?

50 miles goal (minimum running mileage for our group), OR a loftier 100 miles OR even more :D

80 runners can join for efficient mileage keeping.

*** Checking-in/Joining:
    To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check-in periodically, reporting your total running mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up!

Example Check-in report throughout the month (note reporting total mileage of the month is the most important statistics for the spreadsheet):

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:
    We only count *running* mileage. Some of use count mileage that is equivalent to running as "running mileage" such as the mileage on the ARC trainer or from an elliptical.

*** Where to post:
    In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
    A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/725295--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-september
    B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (join group first)

*** When and Frequency:
    We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spreadsheet). So it would be good to get updates
    - at least once weekly on or before Sunday (in either A or B or both).

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates help us keep inspired too.

*** Spreadsheet:
    We will check point your progress within this thread and the group threads with the spreadsheet snapshot below that refreshes as the month progresses. Since the image changes you need to make sure you refresh your browser to ensure you have the latest retrieved cached copy.

*** Hall of Fame :
    Here you can find your results from previous months.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current: September Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
    2012-September-Check.PNG
    2012-Legend.PNG
    2012-Sep-Trophy-275.PNG
  • geminigrl622
    Options
    12.25 miles
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    12 this morning. 137.2 MTD
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WTD 21
    MTD 70
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    17 today, 199 for the month. 1 day left, 1 more mile to go...Until next month when it all starts over again.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    9/25: 5 miles
    9/27: 5.5 miles
    9/29: 9 miles

WTD: 19.5 miles
    MTD : 74 miles

Thank you so much for doing this! :flowerforyou: Would love to join next month for 50 miles too! :)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Will this be rolling for October? Could someone PM me the details or a link to the OCT thread when it posts please. Most grateful!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    For the folks who are ready to commit for a challenge in OCTOBER!!! Whohooooo!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/754950-check-in-for-october-week-1-mon-10-01-su-10-07
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Will this be rolling for October? Could someone PM me the details or a link to the OCT thread when it posts please. Most grateful!

Please see the link in the post below yours - check-in for October is available there !
  • Cooriander
    Options
    sheri02r said:

9/25: 5 miles
    9/27: 5.5 miles
    9/29: 9 miles

WTD: 19.5 miles
    MTD : 74 miles

Thank you so much for doing this! :flowerforyou: Would love to join next month for 50 miles too! :)

Excellent - I added you to the October sheet (: Glad to see your progress again :smile:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    timboom1 said:

17 today, 199 for the month. 1 day left, 1 more mile to go...Until next month when it all starts over again.

so close!!! 1 mile!! WhoHOOOO!!! 200 miles is awesome!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Tazz said:

Sept 24-28
    35 miles
    MTD 151 miles
    Yay !!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

9/28- 6.21 more miles in tonight! i think this 100 thing might actually happen!!! :bigsmile:

exercise.png

YES it will!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    MissFit0101 said:
    MissFit0101 said:

10 miles yesterday, 7 today .. Just crossed the 900 mile mark!

wtd: 20.5 miles

Congrats!!! is that for 2012 - or since you started running?

Thank you. That's for 2012. I didn't track my miles last year. :(

WOW 900 is really good!!! I think I am in the mid 700s!!! WOW!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check!! so glad I kept up this week - so much quicker to this week! WHOHOO Just a couple more days for September!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    5 miles today
    MTD 156 miles
  • nefbaker
    Options
    9/26 2 miles
    9/28 4 miles
    9/29 4 miles

83 total

will do a 6 or 7 mile run tomorrow, so I'll hit 90. Had two friends die this month, one very close and another a coworker so missed four days running with wake and funeral, so I'm ready to do 100 miles in October and meet it this time.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I will be close for me, I did not run this morning as planned, aching foot and getting over-cautious. Running a 5K with a big hill at the end tomorrow in the AM, with son and hubby and friend!!!! Need one more mile after that! It feels like I have returned to my fitness level, before my stress fracture, but somehow I am slower now. Hopefully I can return to the speed I was before.

Needed 15 miler this week, but I think I can do it on Monday!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    30 Sept 6.5 mile

WTD 20.3
    MTD 81.66 miles

Ticker Updated

exercise.png