*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in September *

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    Options
    I will be close for me, I did not run this morning as planned, aching foot and getting over-cautious. Running a 5K with a big hill at the end tomorrow in the AM, with son and hubby and friend!!!! Need one more mile after that! It feels like I have returned to my fitness level, before my stress fracture, but somehow I am slower now. Hopefully I can return to the speed I was before.

Needed 15 miler this week, but I think I can do it on Monday!

Good luck with the 5K today!
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    6 miles today to close out the month with 205.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    pafagel said:

I ran 8.6 miles Monday, then Tuesday came with one heck of a cold and I've been in bed since. I probably won't be able to go running again until next week. This means I'll miss my goal by alot:sad:

exercise.png

So sorry - I was sick the 2nd week of Sep, so I can relate - a real bummer :sad: you are doing well despite the setback though!!!! :flowerforyou: so don't worry!!! and just get well!!! :flowerforyou: <<<<<<< healing vibes >>>>>>

Thanks you, your healing vibes are very strong! I was well enough for a run today, 6.6 miles.

exercise.png
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Mon - Rest
    Tue - 8+5=13
    Wed - 7
    Thu - 10.4+5.1=15.5
    Fri - 6
    Sat - 8.2
    Sun - 21

WTD - 70.8
    MTD - 308.3

This is a monthly mileage PR for me. 3 weeks till the marathon. One more week of high mileage before the taper starts.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Finishing the month with an eight miler. 120.4 final total.
  • elfpearl
    Options
    9 miles today, 117 for the month!!! :)
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    9/24: 10 miles
    9/26: 4.5 miles
    9/27: 5.5 miles
    9/29: 4.25 miles
    9/30: 11.43 miles

MTD: 118.75

Cooriander can you put me down for 75 miles in October if that list isn't full?? Thanks!!! :) Love this group!
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    12.5 miles today

wtd: 37
    mtd: 112.5
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 9/26 - 5 miles
    Wednesday 9/27 - 8 miles
    Saturday 9/29 - 3 miles
    Grrrrr
    WTD - 16
    MTD - 126

I came down with a upper respiratory infection Thursday that is kicking my *kitten*. I tried to get my long 18 mile run in Saturday and got to 3 before I decided to run to the Minute Clinic to get checked since my throat was throbbing. Needless to say I am not going to make my monthly 140 miles goal. Grrrrrrr! I am so mad, angry, ashamed, etc. Too bad I couldn't have gotten sick at the beginning of the month instead of the end of the month!

Can I get in on the October one? My training for October has me doing almost 140 miles again, but I am just going to go for 130 since I am still fighting this thing and won't get all the miles in this first week.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Week 5 - 22.95
    Sept total - 140.35
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I did 8.6 today (2 5Ks - hilly courses - moderate pace - and 2.4 miles of a 10K - my foot/hip started to bother me, so I opted to stop, better safe than sorry).

84 miles - and I made my goal - pretty happy since it is the first month running outside after stress fracture!!! Hopefully, I will continue healing next month, but I am upping my mileage.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    kcmomof2 said:

Tuesday 9/26 - 5 miles
    Wednesday 9/27 - 8 miles
    Saturday 9/29 - 3 miles
    Grrrrr
    WTD - 16
    MTD - 126

I came down with a upper respiratory infection Thursday that is kicking my *kitten*. I tried to get my long 18 mile run in Saturday and got to 3 before I decided to run to the Minute Clinic to get checked since my throat was throbbing. Needless to say I am not going to make my monthly 140 miles goal. Grrrrrrr! I am so mad, angry, ashamed, etc. Too bad I couldn't have gotten sick at the beginning of the month instead of the end of the month!

Can I get in on the October one? My training for October has me doing almost 140 miles again, but I am just going to go for 130 since I am still fighting this thing and won't get all the miles in this first week.

126 is really good! So sorry about your infection. you will get better and get those C vitamins (: I already opened an October thread here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/755024--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-october

there are also the group threads here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (just select join the group and you see the threads).
  • Cooriander
    Options
    CarsonRuns said:
    Mon - Rest
    Tue - 8+5=13
    Wed - 7
    Thu - 10.4+5.1=15.5
    Fri - 6
    Sat - 8.2
    Sun - 21

WTD - 70.8
    MTD - 308.3

This is a monthly mileage PR for me. 3 weeks till the marathon. One more week of high mileage before the taper starts.

OH my!!! that is AWESOME over 300+ miles! AMAZING!! and CONGRATS! Best of luck on your marathon!!!! You will kill it!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :tongue:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    9/30- 15 miles!!! yeah! :-)

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

exercise.png

OH MY!!!!! WOW! awesome!!! (and totally jealous, I never went that far, but I need too, lol)! :happy: :drinker:

*** and you made it into the 100 mile club **** whohoooo WTG!

... and Check!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    the sheet so far, will make a final check OCT 2! CONGRATS on keeping with it to the end of the month ALL!!!! and keep the miles coming for the people who are still reporting in!!

2012-September-Check.PNG
    2012-Legend.PNG
    2012-Sep-Trophy-275.PNG
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    j_courter said:

exercise.png

OH MY!!!!! WOW! awesome!!! (and totally jealous, I never went that far, but I need too, lol)! :happy: :drinker:

*** and you made it into the 100 mile club **** whohoooo WTG!

... and Check!

awww... you are so sweet and encouraging! thanks so much for being so awesome! i'd run that far with you, but you'd have to run a lot slower! ;-) one of these days i hope to run as fast as you! thanks again for helping us all keep track of our miles in such an organized fashion! :flowerforyou:
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I fell sick yesterday so I couldn't do my long run this morning, which would have put me over my goal. So bummed!!! Ended the month just short with 95 total miles. :sad:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Mceastes said:

I fell sick yesterday so I couldn't do my long run this morning, which would have put me over my goal. So bummed!!! Ended the month just short with 95 total miles. :sad:

So sorry!!! but October will be a GOOD month!! Cooler, and beautiful fall colors!!!