Do you like your first name?

Options

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Clair, Yes I do, I have always loved my name.

I was a no name brand baby for 2 months or something before my mom named me,:laugh:
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't mind my name, Kim, plus it was easy to learn to spell.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My name is Daniel....originally a Hebrew name, meaning, "Only God can judge me." LOVE IT!
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    I'm Frazer.

I hated it when I was at school but as I grew up I liked it more and more. Now I'm in the working world I'm always remembered by it (In a good way) Now I love my name.
  • anjydarling
    Options
    My name is Anjanette. When I was younger I didn't care too much for my name and really thought about changing it to Isabella. But as I grew older I saw how many people didn't have my name, and I started loving it just for that reason. It's unique, it is pretty, and it's something my mom gave to me. I have yet to meet another Anjanette but when the day comes and I do, I hope they love their name as much as I love mine.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    my name is jenna...i'm on the fence about it. i wish i had a more unique name. oh and nothing is more annoying then when people say "JENNA JAMESON!" after i introduce myself. congratulations, d-bag, you are the 9,000th person to say that. >:(
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    My name is Corinne and I think it suits me. I hate that I have to correct people on pronunciation and spelling. *rolls eyes*
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's Jennifer, and I do like it. My mom called me Jennie with "ie" but in kindergarten, the teacher kept misspelling it as Jenny. It stuck, and for years I went by Jenny. I changed it back to Jennie when I was in high school, to honor my mom.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    oh and nothing is more annoying then when people say "JENNA JAMESON!" after i introduce myself. congratulations, d-bag, you are the 9,000th person to say that. >:(

I can imagine that is very annoying :) I'm Jennie, and from the south... so you can imagine how many Forrest Gump jokes I get upon introduction :D
  • lookingforsomething
    Options
    My first name is Angela - but I usually only get called that when I am in trouble for something.
    I usually get called Ange (most people assume you spell it Ang but I don't) or they try and call me Angie because I spell it with an "e" on the end.
    I used to get called Angie when I was at school and I hated it!
    It's hard to put across how you pronounce it when you're typing it.

I am the only one of my friends or family that don't have a middle name.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    my name is jenna...i'm on the fence about it. i wish i had a more unique name. oh and nothing is more annoying then when people say "JENNA JAMESON!" after i introduce myself. congratulations, d-bag, you are the 9,000th person to say that. >:(

If it makes you feel better, when I hear the name Jenna, I think of the movie "13 Going on 30". :)
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Mine is Claire-Louise :)

and I like it!
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love my name (Lacey), and always have. I thinks it's perfect because it so the opposit of me. I'm about as far away from girlie as you can get.
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    Mine is Samra - it means fruits . and hated it as a kid. thought it was too common. don't find ppl with it anymore...i like it now :)
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is Laura.

I hated it as a child as I thought it was an old lady name. Now I like it. I think it sounds very mature and classic. I love the 1950s and Laura was a popular name back then. :) And Frank Sinatra sings a song called "Laura" which was inspired by the movie "Laura" with Vincent Price (my favorite actor!). It just gets annoying when I say my name and people think I say "Lauren" or "Laurie".

So, how about you guys? Do you like your name? Have you always liked it?

haha that's funny because my name is Lauren and I despise being called Laura... nothing against the name, it's just, not mine, ya know? LOL
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Mine is Cesar. Pronounced 3 different ways. Most native English speaking friends call me (See-sahr), Spanish speaking friends and family call me (Sey-sahr) and my dentist called me (Kay-zahr) He thought my name was spelled "Caesar". I didn't correct him for almost 1 year because I thought it sounded awesome. :laugh:

Growing up going through school, no. I hated it.
    Let's see there was "skeezer", "seizure" among a few other ones.
    Once I got into high school, the maturity level sky rocketed and the name calling stopped.
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    mines siobhan and I love it hardly anyone can spell it and some of the pronunciations of it are hilarious!! :)
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hate mine (Danielle) because its a reminder of all the bad things, I'm hoping to change mine maybe to Olivia for a fresh start I'm still deciding.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My name is Julie, and I don't like it.
    Most people call me Jules or Jul, which is better, but I don't really like any of them.
    Oh well!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Tatiana.
    Used to hate it hard, esspecialy shortened to "Tania" , because it means "cheap" in my language; not something young girl likes to be called :P.
    Love it now tho. Due to lots of moving, country hopin I am really fond of it's relative rarity and even of the shortening like "Tanya" or "Tati". My boyfriends attempts to pronnounce "Tatianka" are also fairly amusing.

So, yes, I like Tatiana as my first name :)