300 calorie FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, half a scoop of protein powder in it + hard boiled egg on the side.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I've tried that's less than like 500 calories that leaves me feeling satisfied.
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    eggs can go with mustard. so amazing.

Eggs and MUSTARD? I have never imagined such a thing...

If you whip up 3 eggs w/ 1 T Plochmanns Stone Ground mustard, then scramble them... yum. My mom always made them- called them "Savory Eggs".
    Delicious.
  • yoursxtruly09
    Options
    Bananas and Oatmeal are both pretty filling
    plus you can do a lot with oatmeal. You can peanut butter,honey, raisins, raisins! and maple syrup which i love
    fruit smoothies!
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Migas

1. Dice up 2 40-calorie corn tortillas into small squares. Start browning them in a non-stick pan.
    2. Add 1/2 cup Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles. Continue browning for a while.
    3. Add 1/2 cup Egg Beaters. Cook until the egg is done and put it onto a plate.
    4. Top with 1/4 cup Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar and some salsa.

295 calories.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I've tried that's less than like 500 calories that leaves me feeling satisfied.

Glad I'm not the only one...although I'm usually ok as long as I hit 420 or so.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • lioncrab
    Options
    Post Shredded Wheat with Bran is very filling and free of sugar. Have some fresh berries with it and you'll be good to go.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I need help choosing my breakfast to fill me up!
    Lately, I've been really hungry and eat everything because I'm not full for breakfast, please help by telling me some of your breakfast ideas!!! Thanks a lot! :D

This is my breakfast omelet I have pretty much every day. I actually eat it closer to lunch time- It is HUGE and fills me up for hours.

in a large skillet I combine onions, garlic, diced bok choy, and mushroom. I fill up the skillet with these veggies, at least 3-4 cups. It will cook down smaller. I add either 1 ounce of diced turkey sausage or 1 oz (4 slices) thin ham slices. I put in a little hot water to keep it from burning, cover it, and cook on med high for a couple of minutes til done. You can use any free, non starch veggies you want- spinach, peppers, etc. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn. Uncover it and continue cooking til it is almost dry. Transfer to a plate.

Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Melt a teaspoon of butter, margarine, in the skillet, or you can spray with cooking spray. Pour egg into skillet and swirl to cover the whole bottom. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let it cook for a minute, watching carefully not to burn it. When it is done, sprinkle 1/8 cup of fat free cheddar cheese on the eggs, put the veggie filling in and fold it in half. It will fill half the skillet.
    I add 1/5 pkg of Wholly guacamole (100 cal pkt) and 2 tbsp salsa on top.

Sit down and enjoy a huge tasty plate of food that gives you 32 g protein, 20 g good fats, and minimal carbs for around 300 net calories. You can leave off the guacamole to save 50 cals if you like, and it will cut down the fats by 5 g.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I can go all day on scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil. It's ridiculous. I eat 4, though, so it ends up being closer to 600 calories. However, two eggs might do the trick for you.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1 Scrambled Egg
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1 oz ham
    1 oz turkey
    1 oz cheese
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a hurry, I eat greek yogurt and granola, and it generally holds me over until lunch. If I have about 5 minutes, I eat two poached eggs (large) (I have one of those tupperware things that you put in the microwave to poach eggs in a minute), two pieces of toast (I'm gluten-free, so my bread is 160 calories for two slices) (one egg on each piece), with ketchup on the bread (20 calories for 1T), or salsa smothered over the top... 320 calories. If I have more calories to spare, sometimes I add cheese.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    eggs can go with mustard. so amazing.

Eggs and MUSTARD? I have never imagined such a thing...

If you whip up 3 eggs w/ 1 T Plochmanns Stone Ground mustard, then scramble them... yum. My mom always made them- called them "Savory Eggs".
    Delicious.

Oooh, I will try this!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with peanut (or other nut) butter, I get whole grains, protein, some carbs for energy, etc.
    1 serving oatmeal ~150cal
    1 tbs peanut butter ~90 cal
    1 cup of light soy milk on the side ~60cal
    = 300 calories and it keeps me going. :)
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste overnight oats.

www.skinnytaste.com
  • tamarama72
    tamarama72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Two egg whites with some salsa, maybe add some veggies if you want. Pair that with 1/2 c oatmeal (about 1/4 c dry with 1/2 c water) and add about 1/2 cup of berries. So good!
  • suihk
    suihk Posts: 1
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and 6 slices of pepperoni wrapped up in a high fiber low carb tortilla. Or, instead of pepperoni and cheese, salsa. Delicious and filling!
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    Here's some ideas. First, keep in mind they say protein helps keep you the MOST full. But I like variety and want it ALL! Lol.

90 calories - cup skim milk
    110 calories - 3/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios (or whatever cereal, many of which are less)

50 calories- two servings of egg whites which, if cooked in the microwave, fluff up to a BIG patty!
    45 calories- one slice of REAL bacon, not turkey

5 calories - if you like the taste of orange juice, try Crystal Light's Sunrise Classic Orange drink mix. It's DARN close in taste.
    300 calories max (the cereal and the bacon may actually be less depending what ya' pick). So you're getting a full bowl of cereal AND bacon and eggs AND orange-ish juice! Let me know how it goes if you try it. :))))
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    To leave room for a snack or two in the afternoon / evening is my guess. If they're on a 1200 calorie diet like me, 300's the max though I eat a million small meals a day instead of three. Just a friendly guess.