Ladies, when you're at the gym...

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Most of the women at my gym try to look their best while exercising. Me ? Nope. I sweat till I drip...and I have hot flashes. I am not there to impress anyone but myself. So I don't care what anyone thinks!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to remove any makeup I have on when i get into the gym because it clogs your pores and will make you break out!

this ^^^. I workout in the mornings but if I do end up going after work I make sure to get all that *kitten* off my face. Why do some girls insist on wearing makeup to the gym? Because their skin is probably horrible after all those times of working out with a full face of makeup on.

It's just dumb. There's no benefit to it. If you say it's a "confidence thing", I guarantee doing 8 dead-hang pullups or having a rock solid core will boost your confidence more than a couple layers of facepaint. I also guarantee you'll attract more guys that way, if you're looking for that at the gym.

I sweat. Like A LOT. True story: I was late to the gym and didn't wash my makeup off. I started to sweat while lifting and wiped it off with my hand. NOW, my hand was all greasy and disgusting, and those power cleans were the sorriest excuse of any kind of lift ever, because my grip was *kitten*. NO BENEFIT. WASH YOUR FACE.

/end rant.

What kind of makeup are you wearing that makes your hand all greasy? I never wash my makeup off after work and I have never had mascara running down my face or foundation peeling off in clumps. To clarify I sweat A LOT (as in it is dripping on the floor during rows and the fron of my shirt is mostly soaked through) and none of these things ever happen to me. I just wash my face at night and have never had any breakouts.

Makeup or not,if I see a woman working her *kitten* off, I am going to admire her.
  • marisanleon
    Options
    I hate girls like this!
  • marisanleon
    Options
    ^^ hate girls that don't workout but walk around looking pretty.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

What about girls that don't workout but walk around looking ugly. :tongue:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym i usually wear something sleeveless and some tight capris.... No one is looking at my face.
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use to feel uncomfortable at the gym because lets face it I am a big girl. I use to go during my lunch break which meant I had on make up. Now I could careless how I look when I go to the gym. Half the time I am made up the other half I am not. My hair is always thrown into a messy ponytail (a really short one at that). I walk in to my gym the other night and there were like 5 men and me(after a LONG evening at work and no make up). It didn't phase me on bit because I didn't come to the gym to get male attention, I came to get in shape. Plus I am cute either way.
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

What about girls that don't workout but walk around looking ugly. :tongue:

Those are the worst....
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    You go to the gym to work..not look pretty :wink:

This. :)
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Okay sweetheart. you are sweating like a pig, think you look horrible but ive heard guys think hott sweaty woman look hott lol.

for me, i used to go without make up because i thought it would get nasty but now they have tons of makeup that wont budge. keep using that makeup, put your hair in a cute but tight bun, get a bottle of water (not too cold), and a small towel. makes other woman jealous because not only do you look amazing, but you look like you know exact;y what you are doing (fabulous for beginners). and i can guarantee you would be pretty even without the makeup. im sure you get watched when you are working out by all the guys!
  • Cinnamoneve
    Options
    I love this! I take a karate class with my son and you have to wear your hair up. So when I am out shopping and I see the people I take karate with they have no idea who I am. It always cracks me up!
  • mvatrail
    Options
    Does anyone else feel not so pretty at the gym? I mean, most of the time im makeup-less. Now, i dont look horrible without it, but just, not as good. There are always so many people, and sometimes I feel self-concious! Does anyone else get this?

They should all be so lucky if they looked like you. Gym time is work time. Just get it done.
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I feel gross because I go right when I get up.. messy hair, no makeup. But I don't really care lol. I'm just there to get my workout done & leave. (:
  • cianalynn
    cianalynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I exercise to look cute, not look cute to exercise.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Im in the gym to raise hell and lift heavy not look pretty. That's what photo shoots are for. My girl should have the same mentality. We can socialize at happy hour.... in the meantime there's work to be done.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to look pretty AFTERWARDS.
    Well... not right after my workout, but you get my point :)

Sometimes I get a little self-conscious but then I realize it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks of me. I'm in the gym, lifting weight like a badass. That's pretty enough for me.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to remove any makeup I have on when i get into the gym because it clogs your pores and will make you break out!

this ^^^. I workout in the mornings but if I do end up going after work I make sure to get all that *kitten* off my face. Why do some girls insist on wearing makeup to the gym? Because their skin is probably horrible after all those times of working out with a full face of makeup on.

It's just dumb. There's no benefit to it. If you say it's a "confidence thing", I guarantee doing 8 dead-hang pullups or having a rock solid core will boost your confidence more than a couple layers of facepaint. I also guarantee you'll attract more guys that way, if you're looking for that at the gym.

I sweat. Like A LOT. True story: I was late to the gym and didn't wash my makeup off. I started to sweat while lifting and wiped it off with my hand. NOW, my hand was all greasy and disgusting, and those power cleans were the sorriest excuse of any kind of lift ever, because my grip was *kitten*. NO BENEFIT. WASH YOUR FACE.

/end rant.

What kind of makeup are you wearing that makes your hand all greasy? I never wash my makeup off after work and I have never had mascara running down my face or foundation peeling off in clumps. To clarify I sweat A LOT (as in it is dripping on the floor during rows and the fron of my shirt is mostly soaked through) and none of these things ever happen to me. I just wash my face at night and have never had any breakouts.

Makeup or not,if I see a woman working her *kitten* off, I am going to admire her.

Most foundations are oil- or cream-based, therefore greasy, especially after working an 8 hour shift and during a workout mixed with sweat. More power to you if your makeup doesn't budge while you work out. Just pointing out that there is no benefit to keeping it on, and it takes less than a minute to wash off.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    yep! me! i never feel pretty at the gym because i dont ever wear makeup and im all sweaty and gym clothes are not pretty lol
  • mariieexo
    Options
    when I first started going to the gym I actually used to wear some powder and bit of eyeliner, lol! now I'm over that and go completely bare faced, it doesn't make me uncomfortable anymore :)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup everywhere I go, gym, grocery store, etc. I don't see why people get appalled by that. I get all fixed up for my softball games too. Just because I have a bedazzled shirt on or a little blush, that doesn't mean I am not going to tag your *kitten* out on a hard throw home or hit the ball over your head.