Sexy September Starters

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Well that nutritionist is paying off I dropped weight . 2 lbs it feels so good. :bigsmile: My favorite snack to share is Chobani 0% fat greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp or 2 of polander sugar free fiber jelly , it comes in apricot, rasberry, grape and strawberry with 1 tsp of peanut butter mixed together. It has protein from yogurt, carbs from jelly and fat from peanut butter. I have some other receipes that I have tried for dineer that are really delicious and healthy. I will post later have to go to work now. Keep up the great work everyone.:smile:

Gina

Congrats Gina, glad that nutritionist is paying off and u are learning new things and making progress. CAn't wait to hear those healthy recipes, can't wait to try them.

Have a great day everyone!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I like the new profile pic, Nolachick!

Gina, I also love greek yogurt. It's the only fat free plain yogurt I can eat without gagging. I do like it with a little bit of honey drizzled over the top. Yum! I bet it's good with pb and j too.

Cindy, how are you doing?

Well, I was down to 225.4 this morning. 0.4 lbs to a 20 pound loss. Me and 225 are doing a little back-and-forth dance, but it's just because 225 knows once I get past him, he's gone for good. I'd be sad to be losing me too. :wink:

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'm a little stressed about my work, but it's okay. Life goes on.

-Alison
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali,

I'm doing fine. I didn't lose anything last week. My husband is on vacation and so I am cooking and probably eating a little more than I should. I've been trying to do better this week though. He doesn't go back to work until the 11th so although I would like to lose I'll be fine with maintenance.

I am fitting into my smaller clothes which thrills me and gives me more things to wear. I had given all my big clothes to my girlfriend so I was down to wearing the same pair of jeans all the time.

I'm so over cold weather and snow. I'm getting cabin fever. I don't think I've been anywhere since last Wednesday.

I've gotten my exercise in for today but now I'm too tired to do anything else. Maybe I'll just read for a little while and thenget off my tushy and get back to it.

Nola: I too like your new pic!

Cindy
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. I am back up to 152 this morning and I am not happy. I was walking last week and feeling good and then my stomach started hurting a little. I should have just backed off a little, but I stopped completely. I also need to really improve my eating. I haven't felt well for quite awhile, because of my hypothyroidism. I went in yesterday for bloodwork and find out tomorrow what the Dr. wants to do. I am tired all the time and just feel terrible. I am hoping I can get to feeling normal soon.

Gina and Ali, great job on the weight loss ladies! You are motivating me to try harder. Thank you ladies.

Cindy, hello and I hope you are well. I hear you on the cabin fever thing. I am SO ready for Spring and walking outside.

Nolachick, LOVE the new pic! You look great!

Blessings to all of you ladies,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thanks Jess and I hope u feel well soon. I am so proud of that picture because I feel like I'm starting to look like the old me again. I can't wait until I can see my cheekbones and colar bones.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica,
    Glad to see you are back. I'm sorry your hypothyroidism is acting up.We all go through gaining a little but we do lose it again.This is all part of journey.Hope the doctor can help you feel better.We are all here for each other. Feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Gina
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Nolachick,

You have inspired me to take a new picture. You look great in yours. It is amazing how our confidence increases when we lose weight. You are so close to your new haircut goal. Great job!:happy:

Gina
  • gnastro
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Well we had 10 inches of snow from last storm and it continues to snow as we speak. I had a cookie have to control myself. the gym is closed ahhhhhh. I hate being stuck inside.:mad: I have shoveled my driveway & walkway already. When will this snow stop, hate living in New Jersey now!!!!!:sad:

Gina
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! We didn't have quite the amount of snow you have gotten and still are getting but we got enough. We are dealing with very strong wind gusts today. And it is raw cold. At least the snow shoveling gives you a lot of burned calories!

Went to my bowling league this morning but still need to get my cardio in. don't really want to do it either. I had company yesterday so I didn't work out so I really do need to today.

and the kitchen is screaming to get cleaned. Don't want to do that either.

this is the last day of hubby's vacation. My son's flight from Puerto Rico has taken off and he will be home late this evening.

Maybe things will get back to normal tomorrow.

Cindy
  • ali258
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I've been sick since Friday, but I was feeling much better today. Especially after a Wendy's kid's meal with orange slices. How could I not feel good after that, right? :-)

I finally hit my 20 lbs though! My beautiful scarf is coming out of my closet now!

I hope everyone is doing well and not having too many weather problems. We got a lot of wind today, but fortunately no snow. I'm going to Atlanta this weekend for a little vacation, so I'm hoping we'll get good weather and can just have a lot of fun. I especially need a break now that I've been sick for almost a week.

Off to watch some American Idol!

-Alison
  • gnastro
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

I finally hit my 10 lb mark. The journey has not been easy , but having people who care makes it fun. It is snowing here again in New Jersey maybe 2-3 inches they say. Family is doing well in less then a month my daughter will turn 13. I will have 4 teenagers in the house.:smile: I am very blessed they are all wonderful children. My husband is such a great example to them.

If anybody out there likes pumpkin pie, try this. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 4 oz. cup low fat cottage, cinnamon and splenda to taste.It is really yummy. Hope everyone has a good week.:happy:

Gina
  • nolachick
    Options
    way to go gina, I know u were having a hard time in the beginning but I'm glad u made it!
  • ali258
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Atlanta was great -- so much great food, but I didn't really gain weight since we tried to split meals, and add in extra sides of veggies. Living in a small town, I don't get a lot of variety unless I want to cook it myself, but in Atlanta, I had fantastic Cuban, Mexican, and Chinese. Mmm. We were in the Atlanta snow storm though. It was so slick and dangerous on the roads, but fortunately, we made it there and back safely.

I'm still hanging onto this cold from 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling so much better, but I'm still coughing and stuffy and have only about half of my voice. The weather is getting a little better again, but I'm still not back to jogging yet since my lungs can barely handle walking the dogs. I'm at the point where I'm almost better but getting concerned that I'm going to get bronchitis or a sinus infection from being sick for so long.

Now that I'm past my 20-lb mark, it feels like it's gotten so much easier to lose weight. I'm up a little today from yesterday since I ate too much candy and then a pretty high sodium dinner last night. I started off today though with a bowl of oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon and it feels like a great start.

Wow, Gina, 4 teenagers?! My mom had my brother and I 9 years apart, so by the time I left she only had a 9-year-old at home, and had plenty of years left before she had to deal with another teen. You are a brave woman!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Ready for spring yet? I sure am!

-Alison
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Hello to all my ladies,

I can't believe that nobody has been on here in about 6 weeks. I hope we are all doing what we are supposed to. I know that I had really fallen off track but I am back on. I haven't been tracking food on here but I am using my at home weight watchers kit again and have lost 4 lbs since Tuesday. I was back up to 158 and I am now 154. My husband and I are hoping to get a vasectomy reversal sometime this year and have some more babies so I REALLY want to get this weight off before I get pregnant again. I am so excited to be pregnant again! I pray that all goes well and that God provides a way for us to get the surgery and start having babies! :happy:

I have been on here frequently seeing if any of you had written anything but tonight when I saw that there was still nothing I thought I would just encourage all of you and let you know I am thinking about you. I hope you all have a blessed Easter. I am so thankful for Jesus defeating death itself! May the Lord be with you all!

• nolachick
    Options
    Hey Jessica, thanks for starting this back up...I was wondering the other day h ow you ladies are doing and what progress everyone had made. well i cant say I've gotten ver far cuz I really have not been putting my all in terms of exercise but I am dead serious now and summer is coming and I really wanna just be COMFORTABLE in shorts and sunday dresses and everything.
    so time to get BUSY!

hope everyone is doing well and had a blessed Easter. :flowerforyou:
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Jessica and Nola,
    Well I have been 122 lbs. since March 28 and have been so frustrated. So a couple of days ago hubby said just try something that use to be tight. I pulled out slacks from Sept which did not fit even close. Well guess what they are way too big I have an extra 2 inches on the waist. So I guess I have been losing inches and eventually the scale will start to move again. :smile: Hope everyone is having a nice spring. Will post a new picture from Friday my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday.

Keep up the good work,

Gina
  • nolachick
    Options
    Gina that's great! glad to hear u have lost inches. I really have not been putting my all into this for a couple weeks now and am trying to get serious again. I honestly don't even care about the scale anymore I would be much more happy with losing inches and getting into all the small clothes in my closet. Hope everyone is doing great.

Ali: how ya been girl?
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    It has been so long since we all have chatted.Going through a rough patch money wise.. Problems sleeping but my weight is still 122.5. I have faith that my family will get through this. We are all healthy and love each other.Saying prayers that things will turn around.

Take Care,
    Gina
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey Gina, sorry to hear you are having a hard time right now. Sending good luck and warm wishes your way. Glad u have not given in and gained back any weight, but wow 122 is awesome. not sure what ur height is but I'm sure u already look awesome!

Hope to hear from everyone else.
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    So happy to hear from you girls! I had started P90X about a week and a half ago after no pain in my stomach for a couple months. After a week of it though the pain started to come back so I knew I needed to stop. I am staying around 158 right now and really need to get serious and get this weight off. We are hoping for my husband to get a vasectomy reversal this year and to have a couple more kids. I want to be in the best possible shape before I get pregnant though. :wink:

Gina, my prayers are with you on the money issues. I have seen God provide in awesome ways before. Also great job on maintaining your weight through all of this. Way to go! :smile:

Nola, I am glad to hear you are still around and doing well! We all have tough times, but I'm proud of you for sticking with it.

Ali, we would love to hear from you! Miss you girl!

Cindy, I miss you also, if you are still our there drop a line and let us know how you are doing. :wink:

Talk to you later,