Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So Idk how the week went yet we will find out tomorrow morning but i just realized i'm exercising over an hour a day, but not doing enough to meet the calorie goal on this stupid thing. I just wish the weather was nicer already so i could head back out side.
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I know the weather sucks it was nice during the week and all of a sudden during the weekend when i wanna really get back into exercising its pouring rain out. Ugh. If its not raining tomorrow i plan on going for a jog to start the week off right.
  • theroad
    Options
    I'm 22 and could definitely do with some motivation and support! This site seems really useful and helpful , just started using it today!
  • helenhelen
    Options
    Hi im 26 and could definately do with some support - my willpower and motivation are very low at the momen,
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, don't let the weather get you down! Hit the gym, or do a workout DVD instead. If that's not possible, just dance to some high tempo music! Don't let the weather dictate when you can workout. Make working out, work for you. Make it convenient, and doable on any day. I, personally, only workout in my room, unless I take a walk. Good luck!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

So the Monday weigh in went alright. I'm wondering if this would be a better day considering it is when the exercise counters on the exercise log start. Also It is after the weekend. Seeming like someone else said to make me more accountable for that time. I have hit that, i'm almost at 20 pounds mark and I can't seem to get over it. So this week my goal is to work my butt off to get over that hump.

I was thinking we should do a two week challenge since it takes us so long to pick out the challenge anyway lol. Anyone have any ideas, I was thinking maybe not how long we work out but how intense the work out is and how many calories we burn? I seem to work out but not always as hard or as intensely as i should be.

Well ladies have a wonderful monday talk to you all soon.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So I didn't even say how i did this week. I stayed the same. I've lost some inches over the last month which is good though. Yay!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome back solly and welcome to all the new people!! :flowerforyou: Great work everyone!
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    I do like the idea of weighing in on Mondays! The weekends are the worst for me, especially when I travel, so having to see that weight on here may keep me motivated during the weekends.

Last week was the first week I actually met and exceeded my exercise goals! I couldn't make it to the gym this weekend but I stayed really active (a goal of mine to not waste weekends with the TV): Moved a friend from his 3rd floor apartment, washed my car, washed a plane at the museum, washed my large dogs who hate baths, dog park, etc. But sadly, no budge on the scale. I only went over my calories once and only by a little bit (you try turning down southern grandma cooking). Its getting pretty frustrating. Especially after I ordered my bridesmaids dress on Friday. My friends wedding is my first large goal date and now its officially only 3 months away!! With the stationary numbers, I don't know if I'll make it to my "Freshman in College" weight by May 22!!

Sorry about the tiny ranting, just frustrated!

Hopefully this week will be as good as last week and that scale will finally move!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I woke up late this am and didn't have a chance to weigh in...darn MONDAYS! :grumble:

I had weighed myself by early Friday morning and I was down half a pound, then I weighed on Saturday morning and I was basically the same as last week. BOOO!

Hopefully it was just water weight as I exercised 6 xs this week and only went over my cals on the one day I did NOT exercise.

I really need to get a lot of water in this week! I'll see what the damage is tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Have a good Monday!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    frankyosage... Good for you for staying active even though you couldn't make it to the gym! You got a lot of washing in there! Stick with it and I'm sure the scale will move!

Drink up Sparksfly!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    149.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

down 3 pounds this week...

Hope I dont hit a plateau soon, eek!
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Hey all! I'm new to this group but thought the energy and motivation would really help me! I'm 23yr old and have lost 11lbs so far! I started MFP on 1/15/10 and am stuck in a plateau at 173.4!!!! UGH I know I will get through it but if you have any suggestions to break this plateau let me know!!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Welcome OliveCulona! Good job! You'll get past it. I'm suck at 146 and just can't seem to keep it down. But I bet we can get through this!

So ladies Any challenge ideas?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome OliveCulona! Good job! You'll get past it. I'm suck at 146 and just can't seem to keep it down. But I bet we can get through this!

So ladies Any challenge ideas?

I have a challenge idea... I know we already did pushups but the teacher at a class I take at the gym suggested this... do as many pushups as you can for 1 minute for a week, you'll be surprised how much you improve! Or we could do lunges or something... what do you guys think!?

Hope everyones having a GREAT day!

~Leash :heart:
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Great challenge. I suck at pushups. lol. I think we can each do our own just 1 min of as many reps of whatever we need to focus on because i'm sure some people need arms others legs others abs. So. sounds great! I'm in!
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge! I need to do push-ups and lunges! Maybe i'll alternate sets to get some cardio in also haha ;)
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Great challenge idea I've been trying to do push ups everyday so this is perfect. So how is everybody's week going? I've been trying to avoid the scale bc i usually weigh myself ten times a day lol and get discouraged so i haven' t weighed myself since Friday. Yay me.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So I'm so excited for our challenge ladies! Also scared at how bad i am going to be at it. lol

I have this new food love, with Captin crunch berries. So i know cereals are "bad" carbs. but i woke up this morning and was pumped to get to eat it. I think i must reserve it for my "snack" because i just see this as being a bad relationship lol

I think If we can we should post how well we did with our challenge every day to keep everyone coming back and a little more push to get it done! I know a lot of us are busy so not everyone can but we could try.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Challenge!!!

Yay so I suck at pushups!

40 in 1 min. How did all of you ladies do?