What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really only delete someone if they consistently eat/net below 1000 calories. That's considered anorexic, and being a recovered anorexic I can't be seeing that, let alone supporting that type of behavior.

I would probably also delete someone if they were rude...but I have yet to come across someone on my friends list that is. Spelling or horrible grammar also gets to me, but I'm not really sure I would delete someone over that -- it's not their personality, so I can't hold it against them.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day right now... but, I have had weight loss surgery and am following my doctor's instructions. When I get closer to my maintenance range, I will up my calories to beyond 1000, but that will probably be a couple of months from now. Honestly, at the stage I'm at, 1000 calories a day would be hard to get in because I still have such tight restriction.

I agree that there are some people who eat less than 1000 calories a day who are anorexic, but I think we walk a dangerous line anytime we make blanket statements like this one. Again, I am following my doctor's instructions. If anything, it was my compulsiuon for overeating, which is also an eating disorder, that put me to a point where I needed the surgery to begin with.

Glad you are recovering, because I know how difficult that can be. Good luck in your continued success! :)

I cut under-eaters, HOWEVER, I don't check food diaries, and can tell the obvious difference between someone who's following doctor's orders versus someone who just thinks its smart to starve themselves. It's not black and white for me. :flowerforyou:

My Hero! :love:
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    It's mostly those on fad diets that get to me. Seeing weeks of 600-800 cals because someone is just drinking shakes? Ugh, forget it.

Also, creepers.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think I would only unfriend someone if they didn't realise that my posts are not to be taken seriously! I mean really! I've just posted that any food eaten after you have clicked the finish diary entry mustn't count as calories! lol!
  • veggiebound
    veggiebound Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No one has said this yet - but the only person I have unfriended was obsessed with fitness, in an extreme way. They constantly worked out to lose even 0.1 lb. I'm talking 8+ hours a day of exercise, everyday.

If she was that obsessive about not eating everyone would have unfriended her for being anorexic, but she survived on supplements. I want to be friends with real people.

Oh and she constantly threatened to unfriend people that didn't show her their commitment too.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options

I'm a beautiful on the inside kinda guy ;) thanks why I'm here :)

I like this guy
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    No one has said this yet - but the only person I have unfriended was obsessed with fitness, in an extreme way. They constantly worked out to lose even 0.1 lb. I'm talking 8+ hours a day of exercise, everyday.

If she was that obsessive about not eating everyone would have unfriended her for being anorexic, but she survived on supplements. I want to be friends with real people.

Oh and she constantly threatened to unfriend people that didn't show her their commitment too.

see, that is just weird.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    - Hasn't logged in for a month or more
    - Never interacts with me( the main reason 90% of the time)
    - Whines or complains all of the time
    - Extremely politically or religiously outspoken
    - Male bashing
    - Under-eating regularly
    - Doesn't show me her boobies. :tongue:

Ha!!

We MUST see pectoral improvment for us to motivate you girls....wait, I think that works in the opposite way...we get motivated! lol

LOL! Ah men!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.

well is the band nickelback? cause you are setting yourself up for failure haha just saying.
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Inactivity, weird, and/or creepy
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    I unfriend people when their eating habits are drastically unhealthy, like eating 500 calories a day, and when they post statuses constantly berating themselves, or glorifying the idea of skin and bones.

I already struggle with my own disordered eating. I need to surround myself with people who want to be healthy and have positive outlooks.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Inactivity, weird, and/or creepy

I am ACTIVE, weird, and/or creepy. Would I get deleted?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    If they like Nickelback.
    THIS! Haha
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    When people haven't logged in for weeks -- pretty much shows they've given up. I've been fortunate enough to not run into any seriously disturbing people.

This.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Posts that really weird me out, which is hard to do. People who eat way too little. I deleted a few people that were eating 800 cals a day. I had an eating disorder and I don't want to surround myself with people that eat too little because whenever I do, I start eating less.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I haven't unfriended anyone. My friends are mostly active and we support each other through good and bad times. Not sure what would cause me to even consider this.

I have some friends who have become inactive and I have sent messages to them. I will wait and see if they come back. It would be nice to see the prodigal MFPers come back. I'd prefer not to give up on them.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I unfriend people when their eating habits are drastically unhealthy, like eating 500 calories a day, and when they post statuses constantly berating themselves, or glorifying the idea of skin and bones.

I already struggle with my own disordered eating. I need to surround myself with people who want to be healthy and have positive outlooks.

It sounds like we should be friends.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Mainly the people who don't interact and thirsty/ trashy (wo)men. Not so much for inactivity or what they eat (I'm only dealing with one journey.)
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'll usually unfriend people who haven't been on in over 2 weeks. People who make me feel uncomfortable, or people that I never hear from.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    If the friends are not supportive and encouraging and have no communication going on with them. Then there is no point of keeping them in the friends list.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Little whiney girls with eating disorders. I don't even friend men in the first place, ha...