What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Obnoxious/inappropriate status updates.. Im not above having fun, Im above being crass. :grumble:

Decidedly overweight ppl deciding 1200 calories is the optimum calorie intake then struggling to stay under and complaining about it. :noway:

People who go AWOL for substantial amounts of time, or who log in irregularly then complain about weight loss being slow. I get it, life happens but accept your own actions as reasons for the numbers not moving. :noway:

Whiners. Im not usually so irritable, but if youre going to constantly beat yourself up for having a bad day or two, and KEEP posting updates about how youre feeling so guilty and nothing anyone is saying to reassure you actually reassures you, and youve posted for the 4th time that youre feeling bad about it - Im over it, I don't need the spam - moving on. :angry:

Friend collectors who don't interact with their collected friends. I don't want to be your hobby :laugh:

That about sums it up for me :flowerforyou:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I trim my list every few months of those who haven't logged in for 3 months or so, especially if we haven't interacted much anyway. Other than that someone would have to persistently irritate or offend me to meet the delete. However, I do knock people off my newsfeed if they post too much nonsense that just fills up my page and interferes with posts from others that I do want to see. I'm interested in people who are focused on health and nutrition, not in noise for the sake of noise.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If they like Nickelback.

There you go. :)
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I unfriended a few people because we never actually interacted with one another. Other than that, I don't have alot of friends on here that I don't know off MFP too.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I very rarely unfriend anyone. If a person has obviously abandoned the program, then I'll delete them, but that is about it. You never know when someone on your friends list is going be able to help or you'll suddenly be able to help them, too.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    If thy havent logged in or 2 weeks or more then they r gone
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I unfriend people that never interact with me..

^^This.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I rarely unfriend, but I do get unfriended a lot. Probably due to my logging in record. Sometimes I can't log in for a few days. It doesn't mean I'm not committed, it means I have a busy life that sometimes prevents me from getting on the computer every day. I feel I am a good and supportive friend here - But if people can't deal with me missing a few days here and there I guess it's their hangup.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I unfriended someone because they logged their daily walk to the mailbox. 6 minutes, 2.0 m per hour, 30 calories burned. I realize that is petty, but it annoyed me. Also, all her friends would comment "good job". I was worried I would get eye strain from rolling them every morning. So really, it was for my own health
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lmao!! I like you!
    I like this guy

I normally would make some sort of joke referring to doubling the amount of women I've ever made happy. But I'm not gonna do that.

Nope.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Going on and on about things that have nothing at all to do with fitness or weight loss. I really don't need to know about your personal sex life. REALLY, SERIOUSLY!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    if they're using MFP as a pickup joint or use crotch shots for their avatar. I don't want to see some strange mans junk shot. Pants or not I don't need to see it. Same goes for women with their breast shots. I don't need to see your girls. I'm not here for that. Show it off to someone who cares.

I could care less if you log every day or post every day. I have a real life and don't get on here every day either. I log my food and exercise every day usually from my app.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Lmao!! I like you!
    I like this guy

I normally would make some sort of joke referring to doubling the amount of women I've ever made happy. But I'm not gonna do that.

Nope.

LOL
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Going on and on about things that have nothing at all to do with fitness or weight loss. I really don't need to know about your personal sex life. REALLY, SERIOUSLY!

Ew. Seriously! who does that?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    People who are always in bad moods or 'poor me's who are whinging for attention...oh and people who do no exercise, eat crap food and complain that they haven't lost weight! I like people who are sarcastic, can have fun and actually like their lives...
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The last time I unfriended someone - different forum - it was because it hurt my head to look at her avatar and sig pic. Other than that, I only do it if somebody turns out to be unkind, like the woman who told a forum member that people were talking about her in a thread about drama queens. To be honest, yes this woman came to mind as a drama queen, but I don't think anybody was talking about her in particular, and it was really unkind to tell her they were.
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't unfriend (yet) :laugh: I am typically on MFP daily & consider myself to be fairly active in my support & encouragement of others.

Although, I will note that I recently got unfriended by a couple people recently when I didn't sign on for about a week or so.

The thing is, nobody knows why you aren't signing on. I was still following my fitness plan, just had to give some extra attention to my son who needs it from time to time due to his special needs.

Point being, you don't really know someones situation & if they didn't do something to really offend you, what is the reason to delete them simply because they didn't sign on for a week? Thought this site is about support. Do you really have 1,000 friends & need to keep that close a watch on it?

The way I see it, if they deleted me, they weren't worth it anyway :smokin:
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would un-friend someone for the following reasons:

1) Anyone who posts smut, inappropriate comments, profanity etc

2) Anyone who tried to sell me anything

3) Anyone who fails to login and does not respond to my positive encouragement for an extended period of time
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I really only delete someone if they consistently eat/net below 1000 calories. That's considered anorexic, and being a recovered anorexic I can't be seeing that, let alone supporting that type of behavior.

I would probably also delete someone if they were rude...but I have yet to come across someone on my friends list that is. Spelling or horrible grammar also gets to me, but I'm not really sure I would delete someone over that -- it's not their personality, so I can't hold it against them.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day right now... but, I have had weight loss surgery and am following my doctor's instructions. When I get closer to my maintenance range, I will up my calories to beyond 1000, but that will probably be a couple of months from now. Honestly, at the stage I'm at, 1000 calories a day would be hard to get in because I still have such tight restriction.

I agree that there are some people who eat less than 1000 calories a day who are anorexic, but I think we walk a dangerous line anytime we make blanket statements like this one. Again, I am following my doctor's instructions. If anything, it was my compulsiuon for overeating, which is also an eating disorder, that put me to a point where I needed the surgery to begin with.

Glad you are recovering, because I know how difficult that can be. Good luck in your continued success! :)

Okay, I've only had to delete someone once for this...and I asked her about her eating habits before I jumped to any conclusions. She first-handedly admitted that she didn't think her eating habits were a problem (under 800 cals a day before exercise). If it's under doctors orders, that's a different thing and wouldn't result in deletion...but I would avoid looking at your food diary, for my own sake.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.

well is the band nickelback? cause you are setting yourself up for failure haha just saying.

Nickelback. Chad lives in my metro area. Love Creed too. Josh Groban, Phantom of The Opera, Glee, Rap, POP and everything in bewtween. I have very eclectic musical Tastes.

--- Also Bieber, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, etc, etc. Comes from having a 15 yr old Daughter.

/ Runs away as I hit everyones ignore list.......HAHAHA.