What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Someone unfriended me because I told them to eat some real food after their food diary showed 4 days of shakes, and a pack of nuts.

I dont interact with people on here a lot, but always will comment on a stellar day or unhealthy behaviours. I do have an exercise addict on my list that might have to go.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i unfriend people when i see that there never active on here... i dont see much point in "friends" if they log stuff then go again *shrugs* or if they havent logged in for months...
    or if i see them say something that is nasty... touch wood not had to do that one on here yet...
    x
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    People who do not interact with me, I make an effort to comment with positive support to my friends! When they had a good workout, or are consistently losing weight. I would like the same encouragement, although sometimes it's one-sided. I also deleted someone who treated MFP like Facebook--never logging diary/exercise or doing positive reinforcement with friends. Just posting stuff like "who's up now, text me" or stuff like that. Also deleted a friend who whined about not losing weight, then I checked her diary and she eats Domino's and fast food every day.

I don't delete for inactivity, though, I never know what's going on in someone's life. As far as I know, I have not been deleted either. :flowerforyou: I am always looking for more friends on this journey
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.

well is the band nickelback? cause you are setting yourself up for failure haha just saying.

Nickelback. Chad lives in my metro area. Love Creed too. Josh Groban, Phantom of The Opera, Glee, Rap, POP and everything in bewtween. I have very eclectic musical Tastes.

--- Also Bieber, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, etc, etc. Comes from having a 15 yr old Daughter.

/ Runs away as I hit everyones ignore list.......HAHAHA.

Christ,,,,,you're a brave man, that's quite a confession!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Lack of smut pics...I have standards....
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I never ad friends outside of my personal circle. I usually just interact via the message boards. I am human, I make mistakes, and know what I need to do to be healthy. I dont really need people criticizing my progress or the BANDS I may like, and if I do you are all here anyway....lol.

well is the band nickelback? cause you are setting yourself up for failure haha just saying.

Nickelback. Chad lives in my metro area. Love Creed too. Josh Groban, Phantom of The Opera, Glee, Rap, POP and everything in bewtween. I have very eclectic musical Tastes.

--- Also Bieber, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, etc, etc. Comes from having a 15 yr old Daughter.

Christ,,,,,you're a brave man, that's quite a confession!!!

LOL. They havent sold millions of albums because "everyone" hates them.............

I even hated country msic when I was a kid, as an adult I find my myself singing to some of that as well.

If it sounds good and I can screech to it in the car with my wife and kids, with a smile on my face, I'm golden.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Chad is my friend's next door neighbour! Apparently when they run into each other at the mailbox he acts like my friend wants an autograph or something.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Lack of smut pics...I have standards....

Ha!!!!!!!
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    I don't really ask anyone to be my friend. And those that do ask me, I give them a condition. "If I don't see you posting after three days without a reason, you are gone". So far three have been dropped.
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really only delete someone if they consistently eat/net below 1000 calories. That's considered anorexic, and being a recovered anorexic I can't be seeing that, let alone supporting that type of behavior.

I would probably also delete someone if they were rude...but I have yet to come across someone on my friends list that is. Spelling or horrible grammar also gets to me, but I'm not really sure I would delete someone over that -- it's not their personality, so I can't hold it against them.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on this one. I am consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day right now... but, I have had weight loss surgery and am following my doctor's instructions. When I get closer to my maintenance range, I will up my calories to beyond 1000, but that will probably be a couple of months from now. Honestly, at the stage I'm at, 1000 calories a day would be hard to get in because I still have such tight restriction.

I agree that there are some people who eat less than 1000 calories a day who are anorexic, but I think we walk a dangerous line anytime we make blanket statements like this one. Again, I am following my doctor's instructions. If anything, it was my compulsiuon for overeating, which is also an eating disorder, that put me to a point where I needed the surgery to begin with.

Glad you are recovering, because I know how difficult that can be. Good luck in your continued success! :)

Okay, I've only had to delete someone once for this...and I asked her about her eating habits before I jumped to any conclusions. She first-handedly admitted that she didn't think her eating habits were a problem (under 800 cals a day before exercise). If it's under doctors orders, that's a different thing and wouldn't result in deletion...but I would avoid looking at your food diary, for my own sake.

Fair enough :) I just feel a bit defensive when people assume that I'm anorexic because I'm following my doctor's prescribed eating plan... I've had a few people jump all over me for it without knowing WHY I'm eating the way I do. My food diary is actually private now, mainly for this reason.

Not trying to start a debate about what the "right" amount of calories is... if I had a regular-sized stomach, I would not be eating in such small quantities. I definitely get that I'm not the norm here... but my existence alone proves that, as another poster said, not everything is black and white. That's all I was getting at. :)
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    Some of you are hardcore.

Looks at my friends list.

So and So hasnt logged on for 3 weeks, 2 months, etc.

What to do..........
  • LeeBee2012
    LeeBee2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    posting negative news feeds!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    if they haven't logged on in weeks or haven't logged their food in what seems like forever.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Posts that make me uncomfortable, or if you CONSISTENTLY talk about getting drunk or messing up on your diet, or if I look at your diary and see you clearly are not even TRYING to eat healthy. If you cry about not losing weight but i see that there was a lack of dedication....it frustrates me. I work my *kitten* off to get in better and better shape. If you want it, you can get it.

I haven't actually unfriended anyone yet for this, but this is the stuff that makes me start ignoring friends, for sure. Constant eating out at fast food and drinking binges make me wonder what on earth you are doing on this site in the first place.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I never understood why a person would unfriend someone when this website is about support and encouragement.
  • kaytbaggs
    kaytbaggs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    if there isn't a lot of activity and i can't view their diary. I think it's a great tool to learn how to eat better with lots of variety and ideas from others dairy...
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I never understood why a person would unfriend someone when this website is about support and encouragement.

This. Exactly. Unless it's because the person is causing me some kind of problem... as long as they are not bothering me somehow, I'll stick around.
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I don't like Nickleback, but I don't get why they get crapped on so hard.
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    I only have 6 friends on here - I can't afford to unfriend anyone :embarassed:
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you use "can I haz" in a sentence you'll be unfriended immediately.