How much water do you drink a day, be honest.

Options

Replies

• jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1.5 gallons daily.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    On average I drink 4 or 5 16-20oz bottles of water a day. Plus 2-3 cups of ice tea. I use to drink soda when going out to eat but I've started drinking water then too, Not only does it cut the calories but its saves money :) Now that I'm drinking so much water, I don't even miss the soda, the down fall is that I use the restroom like twice as much.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    18-22 cups a day
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    5 -7 smart water bottles

I hope you're just refilling the bottle!

I was hoping so too.
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At least 80 oz. I have a thermos water bottle that keeps the water a perfect temp. It also has a straw, which is a must have for me. I keep it at my desk and drink all day long. I credit water for stopping my cravings and making me feel statisfied. I'm only 5'0'', so my calorie requirements are low.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    On work days about 4-6 cups since I keep a bottle on my desk at all times, when I'm off more towards 3-4
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 ounce nalgene bottle that I refill 3 times a day.

One of those will be green tea if I'm feeling fancy though. I'm a rebel, what can I say.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    320+oz a day
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 80-120oz a day.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking water because this lady posted last week that drinking water will lower your sodium levels and you will die....not risking it.

Maybe I'll post that fresh fruits and vegetables can make you very sick, and you should never eat any. Wonder how many people will follow my (ignorant) advice.

WOW. You can drown your body if you drink too much water a day, but that has to be a whole lot. The recommended 8 glasses a day is perfect unless you workout, then allow yourself more.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in April and started tracking my water -- usually about 16 cups per day. Hopefully i will continue this even in the winter because I feel so much better when I do drink that much water.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Around 12-14 8 ounce glasses of plain water plus whatever else I drink that I DON'T count on MFP.
  • Kismet_35
    Kismet_35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    About 4 glasses on a bad day and about 10 on a good day. I have a hard time with just plain water though so I often add flavoring.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    144 oz plus more on some days
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    150+oz / day (Monday thru Friday)

I have a 52oz Bubba Keg that I refill 3x throughout my work day. Weekends, I'm lucky if I get 100oz.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If I am good about it and think "water" "water" like a zombie all day long, maybe 10 glasses. On normal days, I am lucky if I reach 6-8 :((
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Between 80 and 120oz a day, not including coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages :drinker: or the occasional soda. Honest.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Not much, I live in a cool climate, I weigh very little and am not working out a lot right now.

Plus I drink a lot of tea and fruit juice and because it's autumn I'm drinking a lot of soups too.

However I'm about to head off to the Middle East and will be doing a lot of hiking and other exercise so will be doubling or tripling my water intake at least.

Don't be fooled by the idea that there's one set amount that everyone should drink.

The amount of water that everyone should drink is this: Enough.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I actually drink well over 100 oz every day. I'm just thirsty a lot hahahahaha.
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    If you're talking about plain water..

I drink none at all, its boring and has the same taste as air.

HA! ^^^This.

I drink poland springs raspberry lime seltzer, and hot tea. 8 or more cups daily, honestly.