NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Completed D2 L1 just worried about today idk if I'll be able to squeeze in the workout today. :( I have class until 9pm.
  • Trakandrose
    Trakandrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Completed D2 L1 just worried about today idk if I'll be able to squeeze in the workout today. :( I have class until 9pm.

I have to leave for work at 7:15 am (in shower by 6:20 am or so), and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at school until 10:10 pm and home by 10:40 pm. On Wednesdays I have bible study until about 9 pm or so. I wake up at 5:45 am so I can get my workout in and then get ready for work because I know I won't have time in the evening for it. I've never worked out in the morning, but I am really motivated to do this! I love how it makes me feel, it's a great start to my morning. My point is, if you're really motivated to do something, you'll make the time. Best of luck to you! :D
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Do you guys do your shred EVERYDAY?

Yes ma'am. I skipped on Saturday though because I helped friends move from 10am-4pm...ok a few hours involved hanging and waiting, but it was still a workout overall.

But even in the beginning when it hurt, I pushed through. I went from dumbells to a resistance band when my arms hurt, and the next day I was able to come back to the dumbells. Just keep pushing, your body will find a way!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I just did it for the 2nd time today!!! I feel great and my stamina is sooo much better than just 2 days ago!!!

I Feel Great!! (Did I say that already????) LOL
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

I have to leave for work at 7:15 am (in shower by 6:20 am or so), and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at school until 10:10 pm and home by 10:40 pm. On Wednesdays I have bible study until about 9 pm or so. I wake up at 5:45 am so I can get my workout in and then get ready for work because I know I won't have time in the evening for it. I've never worked out in the morning, but I am really motivated to do this! I love how it makes me feel, it's a great start to my morning. My point is, if you're really motivated to do something, you'll make the time. Best of luck to you! :D

I totally love this workout. I really should switch to mornings. I'm dedicated on keeping this up this time. Thanks for the tip....I'm going to do this workout tonight at 9:30 and again tomorrow at 5:30!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hey girls- ( Shred-D'sssss)

Did 40 mins on the stationary bike last evening....

This after noon I did my D4L1 Shred I made the mistake of waiting till my time freeded up and that was a big mistake, I did not have near the energy as I do in the morning. Plus I was grouching at the tv and even had a few choice words for Miss Jillian!!!

I did pull off 3 boys push ups and then girlies....

I am amazed at our group here.... motivated, stong and determined .... Thank you for the accountability :smile:

???? Does anybody here turn the volume off and do the Shred to music????
  • apatrick23
    Options
    Finished L1D3! Still sore but it's getting better. Thanks for holding me accountable girls (and boys, if there is any).

See you tomorrow!!!!
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    Wow, what an energy boost from the Shred! If I was a coffee drinker, I'd assume it's just about the same high. :drinker:

I started out today telling myself that since I missed the Shred yesterday, I would do it twice today. Well, I changed my mind about 15 minutes into the workout. :laugh: Instead, I challenged myself to slowly start reducing the modifications I am doing for push-ups and the lateral leg movements with shoulder lifts. I am really aiming to complete the video on target, 10 days for each level, so hopefully the increase in difficulty will mean I do the WHOLE thing Natalie-style by the end of the 10th day!

To supplement the Shred, I did 45 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) this evening. 1 minute sprint @ 8 mph, 2 minute walk @ 4 mph (repeat 15 times). Not only did this workout stretch my sore legs, it is a great way to eliminate fat! Plus, I can always motivate myself to run a minute if I know that I'll get to walk for two minutes after!

700 calories in the books. 700 calories closer to the body I want for the VS bathing suit I ordered this weekend!
  • dina0521
    dina0521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well Ladies - I survived day 2 of the Shred (although I think it should be called 20 minutes in HELL!!) Felt good to move those muscles again today. After that I did 30 on the treadmill and then some arm weights (i've got some bat wings happenin' - so gross!!!! :embarassed: ) I'm feeling quite good considering everything. The way my legs felt today, I wasn't even sure I could do it at all! I didn't do all the jumping jacks or jump roping, but ran in place when I struggled. I think I did ok for the 2nd day. I struggle with the push-ups too but I know they will come. I'm now hitting the shower and then to die in my bed.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an energy boost from the Shred! If I was a coffee drinker, I'd assume it's just about the same high. :drinker:

I started out today telling myself that since I missed the Shred yesterday, I would do it twice today. Well, I changed my mind about 15 minutes into the workout. :laugh: Instead, I challenged myself to slowly start reducing the modifications I am doing for push-ups and the lateral leg movements with shoulder lifts. I am really aiming to complete the video on target, 10 days for each level, so hopefully the increase in difficulty will mean I do the WHOLE thing Natalie-style by the end of the 10th day!

To supplement the Shred, I did 45 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) this evening. 1 minute sprint @ 8 mph, 2 minute walk @ 4 mph (repeat 15 times). Not only did this workout stretch my sore legs, it is a great way to eliminate fat! Plus, I can always motivate myself to run a minute if I know that I'll get to walk for two minutes after!

700 calories in the books. 700 calories closer to the body I want for the VS bathing suit I ordered this weekend!

You are doing great! Even if you ARE not shredding! But you gotta get to it, woman!! You can do it!!!! :laugh:
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    L1D3 in the Bag! WOHOOOOO!!!

Didn't get to do another workout with it! But will get it in tomorrow!!

Are you guys planning on doing the Shred 30 days straight??
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    Oh Karma, I finished the Shred... no worries! You'll never see me stop, I just mentally decided to not do the second one after the first! :glasses:
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Today my legs were tore up some good. I thought I was going to be stuck on the toiled this morning (6' tall + low toilet = troubles when your muscles are screaming) So, I decided that for the first week or two I would go 2 days / Rest / 3 days / Rest.
    Considering my absolute lack of activity prior to this, I wager that this is more than acceptable the first week.

I feel a bit bummed for NOT doing it, but I do NOT want to hurt myself.

So, tomorrow I'll visit Jillian again!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options

That is what I plan on doing..I set a goal of a minimum of 4 days...I will always try to do it every single day, but I am not going to beat myself up if I miss a day.
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options

That is what I plan on doing..I set a goal of a minimum of 4 days...I will always try to do it every single day, but I am not going to beat myself up if I miss a day.
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    day 3 Level 1 done woohoo. Still struggling big time w/ pushups, jacks but I know they will come and if they don't, that's ok too. I am doing better just by doing what I have so far. yay
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Hey team shred! Was going to skip day 3 due to toe injury but said, "what the hell" and put on the Shox anyway. Glad I did because I was able to burned through it! ROCK ON!!!!! Bout to hit the shower and see y'all in the a.m.
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    For anyone who hates those bicycle crunches as much as me... when doing the Biggest Loser abs last night I found something similar that still works really well. So now when those bicycle crunches get too bad and I can't do them anymore, instead of taking a break I'm going to do what they did on the Biggest loser abs. You just use your elbows to prop you up, and keep moving your legs like your on a bike. I felt it right in my abs, of course I'm sure the bicycle ones are better to feel it more in the side, but they still worked for me :)

Great tip. . .I hate those too! Pushups are a real riot for me too. I know I have terrible form and my ole arthritis knees scream at me.
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    Don't feel bad, LessofLeeAnna! I had to skip today too. Namely because we received 6 inches of snow here in central Texas. Basically the world ended and the town was shut down because no one knows what to do when attacked by white stuff. It came at a perfect time because my TOM was bogging me down like no other today!

I'll get back on track tomorrow and you will too! After all, those 3 lbs of water weight I'm carrying around my saddle bags won't get rid of themselves :bigsmile:

I did get back to the grind. I only skipped that 1 day. I felt ok with what I was able to do. . . . pretty much the same as day 1! yeah I've got those saddlebags too!!
  • Semmons
    Options
    Just finished L1D3.. Legs and arms are screaming at me... at least I survived!!!! I also noticed I crave sweets much less on the days I do the shred.. Perhaps this exercise thing IS worth continuing. hehehehe. :)