Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• rettabelle
    rettabelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    pork stew meat
    chopped carrots, chopped red potatoes (with skins), frozen corn, green beans, & peas, celery, diced onion
    1/2 packet onion soup mix
    1-2 beef boullion cubes
    1 can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
    1 can water
    dash of onion power and pepper

1/2 cup sour cream

brown pork with the onion and celery, put all in crock pot, except the sour cream. cook on high 1 hour, then turn to low 4-5 hours

1 hour before eating add the sour cream, thicken with 1/4 cup flour and water if needed before serving.
  • melimann
    melimann Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lossing4good
    Options
    bump
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Ghoulash (1 cup serving sizes)

Ingredients:

Great Value - Sliced Stewed Tomatoes, 2 container

Heinz - Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup 0.5 container

Ragu - Elbow Macaroni, 2 cup dry = 1 cup cooked

Lean Ground Beef 93/7, 1 container (16 oz ea.)

How long do you simmer it for, my hubby would love this

Boil the elbow macaroni according to package directions. While the macaroni is boiling start brown the ground beef. Drain the beef and macaroni. (This can even be done the night before and put in a container in the fridge) Then all you have to do is dump in the crockpot in the morning.

Next add, reduced sugar ketchup and stewed tomatoes and whatever other spices you like. I also add black pepper and onions or onion powder. Stir well.

Simmer on low for a few hours. be careful not to cook it too long or the macaroni can get soggy.

Makes 8 - 1 cup servings

each serving has:

219 calories
    28 carbs
    9 g fat
    3g fiber
    13g protein
    7g sugar

Thanks
  • melanierivera74
    Options
    Tried this.. delicious!! thank you for posting!!!
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AuburnGirl2001
    AuburnGirl2001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump - I love crock pot recipes
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump ! :smile:
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump {for later}
  • CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com I am currently making the pork carnitas slow cooker recipe and they are fabulous. My family loves it. I have also made the chicken pot pie soup and again it was good. She has easy to follow low fat recipes. Good luck!

I second her page. I have tried several things (including the CP meals) and they are all delicious!

yep, love SkinnyTaste!

Skinnytaste is awesome!! There are several crockpot meals on there that are great
  • schmitzky
    schmitzky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Thanks!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarahmaryjane
    sarahmaryjane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Apologies if anyone has already posted something like this, but this is my go-to crock pot recipe. I'm from New Mexico, so I know tacos! ;)

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
    2 - 3 chicken breasts (I also use 6 - 8 tenderloins - they shred better in my opinion . . . )
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 cup fresh green chile (as I said, I'm from NM, so fresh is ALWAYS best)
    2 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsp minced garlic)
    1/2 c. - 1 c. water

Combine all and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. I usually shred the chicken with my spoon in the pot. My sister won a contest at her office with this recipe, so I guarantee it's good. :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any soup is great in the crockpot. Most of the time you can just dump in the ingredients and go. I keep a recipe box on allrecipes.com, where you can easily do an ingredient search to find recipes to fit what you have on hand, and they have a good slow cooker section. Some of my favorites on that site are:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/greek-lentil-soup-fakes/detail.aspx
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/split-pea-soup-with-rosemary/detail.aspx
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/comfort-soup-a-la-montreal/detail.aspx

I always adapt things to make them vegetarian/gluten-free, and soups are generally quite easy to do that with.

Warning: If you leave cauliflower soup in the crockpot all day, your neighbors might call the apartment manager to see if there is a sewer backed up somewhere. Lesson learned. :-D
  • horses7777
    Options
    :love:
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    3 chicken breasts, 1 c salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning. Cook til done, then shred the chicken with forks and roll up in tortillas with some cheese and sour cream if you like. :)
    just had this the other night for the first time and it was pretty good I served mine over rice and it gave the rice great flavor with extra sauce on it!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bump

I need some ideas :)