NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done this morning..I do like getting in the shower at 5am already having done a nice workout :) I'm really glad I took yesterday off though..I still went to the gym last night and did my situps and an hour on the elliptical (weird "star-trac" machine at this fancy gym) but I felt so much better this morning than yesterday!

I did better...I did all the pushups (girly style) first time and only 2 second time, but that's better than the first two days. First set of anterior lifts done all-out, second set one arm at a time. I did the whole entire last 2 min of cardio with no break! I really did kick my own *kitten*.

So I hit this fancy gym last night (groupon!) and I'm all psyched to take a jacuzzi/steam/sauna. The jacuzzi was broken, the steam room was too hot to breathe in, and the sauna was the same temp as the locker room. And they want me to pay $120/mo for this? Not likely! I'm still grumpy about no jacuzzi. ME WANT HOT TUB.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So glad L1D3 is done! I am NEVER going to miss another morning shred again! Doing it at night was soo difficult for me with the difference in my energy. It's crazy how much engery I have to do more cardio at night when I do the Shred in the morning. It makes me feel great throughout the day with a lot of energy! I did the Shred tonight, did about 14 girly pushups the first time around then only 9 the second time around. I used 5 lb weights for the WHOLE thing this time, even those awful side lunge shoulder raises! The only part I kind of slacked on was the bicycle crunches, laying there made me want to go to sleep. So after the cool down I did 10 minute abs on BL 30 day jumpstart, then 30 minutes on Wii Fit Plus. I'm a little disappointed I only burned 356 calories today when my goal is at least 500 calories, but oh well I'm going to bed a little earlier tonight, get a good nights sleep then back at it in the morning! I'll be even more ready for day 4!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!! You are doing great!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hey Shredders! I'm happy to report that I am down 4 pounds since my last weigh-in (a week ago today):happy: I'm going to take my measurements next Thursday. Today I am going to buy some new pants because mine are starting to get a little baggy in the behind (a co-worker pointed this out to me yesterday). Hard work really does pay off! Keep it up everyone.

WOW!! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!!! You are doing a phenomenal job! Keep it up!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Karma, is there a grocery list to be used in conjuntion with this shred? I didn't sign up or Jillian's inline 30 day trial.

I didn't sign up for it either so I couldnt tell you for sure...but I've never heard that before. There is a thread around here (posted today) about public food diaries...all the people that have replied have public diaries....I think its a great resource for finding new ideas from people that have the same goal as you. Not everyone eats great all the time, but there are definitely some great ideas!

Just make sure you are staying over at a minimum of 1200 NET calories...NET being the key word!

That what people mean by eat your calories to make sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode? So if I eat 1200 per day regularly, work out and gain 200 back, I need to eat those 200 as well?

Yup!

crmldlyte- You don't have to eat all of your workout calories if you don't feel hungry. It's good to do so though! I eat 1/2 of my workout points on most days, some days I eat them all!!! So, if you're not hungry don't force yourself to eat them!!!! Good Luck!!!

Lee is right, I should have mentioned that. I usually dont eat them all back either, unless I need them to stop myself from binging! Thanks, Lee!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

???? Does anybody here turn the volume off and do the Shred to music????

I did this once & was still doing plank jacks when the girls were up doing double jumping jacks!!! When I'm on the floor I do not look at the screen I am in my zone. So, won't do it again!!!! :laugh:

I thought the same thing! I need to hear them so I know what I should be doing! I'm sorry but counting is the LAST thing I can do when I'm trying to simply stay alive!!!! :laugh:
  • karmasBFF
    Options

???? Does anybody here turn the volume off and do the Shred to music????

I did this once & was still doing plank jacks when the girls were up doing double jumping jacks!!! When I'm on the floor I do not look at the screen I am in my zone. So, won't do it again!!!! :laugh:

I'm thinking about keeping one ear bud in and one out ... so I can kinda hear enough to keep up with the Shred gals! :smile:

Now that's a great idea! I have an ipod but its stationed on my home stereo...I forget that its portable!! Thanks!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    L1D3 done this morning..I do like getting in the shower at 5am already having done a nice workout :) I'm really glad I took yesterday off though..I still went to the gym last night and did my situps and an hour on the elliptical (weird "star-trac" machine at this fancy gym) but I felt so much better this morning than yesterday!

I did better...I did all the pushups (girly style) first time and only 2 second time, but that's better than the first two days. First set of anterior lifts done all-out, second set one arm at a time. I did the whole entire last 2 min of cardio with no break! I really did kick my own *kitten*.

So I hit this fancy gym last night (groupon!) and I'm all psyched to take a jacuzzi/steam/sauna. The jacuzzi was broken, the steam room was too hot to breathe in, and the sauna was the same temp as the locker room. And they want me to pay $120/mo for this? Not likely! I'm still grumpy about no jacuzzi. ME WANT HOT TUB.

LOL!

WOW! $120 a month???? That is crazy!!! Do you have an Xsport near you? Its only $39 a month and they all of those same amenities!
  • sofaking6
    Options

LOL!

WOW! $120 a month???? That is crazy!!! Do you have an Xsport near you? Its only $39 a month and they all of those same amenities!

Not here, but they look really nice! I normally go to 24 hour fitness but the ones near me are...well, not really clean so I don't go in the locker rooms, which means no jacuzzi or steam even though they have the facilities. They're just icky.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    so i'm feeling a little glum today....my plan was to do the c25k every 2nd day while still doing the shred 5 days a week...the last time i got out and walked was tuesday...it's 2 days later, raining and so windy outside, so no walk for me......however i will still be doing the shred since i don't need to go outside for that lol

i just feel glum and yucky because the last 2 months i've been walking 4 days a week...i feel like poop today because i can't go out for a walk/run/jog :(
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    It makes me wish I bought a treadmill instead of an elliptical haha

i'll trade ya. lol. i hate our treadmill!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i went to bed early last night and woke up early this morning so i did l1d3 of the shred. the boys thought that was great that i was doing it before taking them to school. i am not usually a morning exerciser, but it felt pretty good to get that checked off the list. :) exercising makes me sleepy though, not energized, and i can already feel myself drooping. gonna have to find some energy from somewhere because i have a busy day ahead. lol. somebody want to share? :D

good for you karma, doing it twice a day. that killed me on tuesday. :)
    dawn
  • karmasBFF
    Options

LOL!

Not here, but they look really nice! I normally go to 24 hour fitness but the ones near me are...well, not really clean so I don't go in the locker rooms, which means no jacuzzi or steam even though they have the facilities. They're just icky.

Yeah thats a kick in the head!

What about your local universities or park districts? Ours have saunas and steam rooms for like $5.

Or stay with where you're at if that's what keeps you going! That just seems soooo high!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    i went to bed early last night and woke up early this morning so i did l1d3 of the shred. the boys thought that was great that i was doing it before taking them to school. i am not usually a morning exerciser, but it felt pretty good to get that checked off the list. :) exercising makes me sleepy though, not energized, and i can already feel myself drooping. gonna have to find some energy from somewhere because i have a busy day ahead. lol. somebody want to share? :D

good for you karma, doing it twice a day. that killed me on tuesday. :)
    dawn
    Once my boys are dropped off, I too get sleepy. Its like my body finally gets to slow down and recover. But throughout the day, I can feel the effects of having worked out in the am. I dont have my 3pm crash anymore!

And thanks!
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Hey y'all! I really didn't want to do the shred tonight but I did it! Thanks to a fellow shredder!! I def could not, not do it since you commented. But hey we all need it sometimes! I really just wish I had a HRM to calculate how many calories I burn. They have a calorie calculator on shape.com that gives you an estimate. It says I am burning about 171 calories for a 20 min hard core video. I am sweating my butt off. I feel like it is got to be more but I would rather be under on my count than over. I just hope my body is not going into starvation mode since my daily goal is 1230.

Also, I am going out of town this weekend to my husbands familly's hunting land. I took the day off of work on friday so I know I will have plenty of time before we leave to get a cardio workout in and the shred. But saturday will be a different story. I mean there is a tv there but we are going for my husbands birthday and we are bringing a big group of friends with us. However, there is plenty of running room around the camp. I also bought a pedometer that measures calories burned today. So I plan on going running and getting in atleast 500 calories. That being said, I guess I may nominate saturday as my one day of rest from the shred. We will see if that continues on through the next week but atleast this satuday will be that way! good luck to everyone this week and lets push through jillians shred and lose some inches!!!

301739.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

You go MsGriff! I felt like a million bucks when I finished D3! I just surgically removed my injured toe, set it on the coffee table until I was done, then had it re-attached :bigsmile:

Like Jillian said on the DVD about Amanda's abs, "They dont come for free"!

I'm taking my laptop with me on a business trip at the beginning of March and will be Shredding in my hotel room every night I'm there! By any means necessary Shredders!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hey y'all! I really didn't want to do the shred tonight but I did it! Thanks to a fellow shredder!! I def could not, not do it since you commented. But hey we all need it sometimes! I really just wish I had a HRM to calculate how many calories I burn. They have a calorie calculator on shape.com that gives you an estimate. It says I am burning about 171 calories for a 20 min hard core video. I am sweating my butt off. I feel like it is got to be more but I would rather be under on my count than over. I just hope my body is not going into starvation mode since my daily goal is 1230.

Also, I am going out of town this weekend to my husbands familly's hunting land. I took the day off of work on friday so I know I will have plenty of time before we leave to get a cardio workout in and the shred. But saturday will be a different story. I mean there is a tv there but we are going for my husbands birthday and we are bringing a big group of friends with us. However, there is plenty of running room around the camp. I also bought a pedometer that measures calories burned today. So I plan on going running and getting in atleast 500 calories. That being said, I guess I may nominate saturday as my one day of rest from the shred. We will see if that continues on through the next week but atleast this satuday will be that way! good luck to everyone this week and lets push through jillians shred and lose some inches!!!

301739.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

You go MsGriff! I felt like a million bucks when I finished D3! I just surgically removed my injured toe, set it on the coffee table until I was done, then had it re-attached :bigsmile:

Like Jillian said on the DVD about Amanda's abs, "They dont come for free"!

I'm taking my laptop with me on a business trip at the beginning of March and will be Shredding in my hotel room every night I'm there! By any means necessary Shredders!

xactly! ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!!!!
  • bethany_85
    Options
    I dont have problems with my shins, but left knee. I modify the jump ropes with fast marching in places still moving my hands like a rope. I think if it hurts modify.. so it does not :smile:

Also JM has a dvd Cardio Kick Boxing... in it she does "fast feet".....ittty bitty- barely off the ground steps real fast, that dont hurt, anything to keep your heart rate elevated.

Thank you so much for this tip! I ended up taking a break yesterday from Shred because my shins were actually in more pain than I realized. This morning when I went to do it I did the "fast feet" instead. I still did my arms, but the feet thing was so much better. It didn't hurt at all and I think it got my heart rate higher than just the jumping! L1D8 done!
  • sofaking6
    Options

Yeah thats a kick in the head!

What about your local universities or park districts? Ours have saunas and steam rooms for like $5.

Or stay with where you're at if that's what keeps you going! That just seems soooo high!
    [/quote]

Well yeah I will just stay with 24 hour and no jacuzzi :( I got a Groupon for this club...$39 for 2 months unlimited access so I'm gonna use it as much as I can :)
  • bethany_85
    Options
    Have you checked your local YMCA? Ours has a jaccuzi, sauna, two pools, and free childcare. The rates can vary depending on your membership status but you can also qualify for financial aid to help cover the cost of your membership.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    L1D4 done! I was much better with everything, did a few rests, but not too many. I pretty much did all of the second & third circuits without stopping (except I did the alternative for bicycle crunches). Even though I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks some of my MFP friends comments helped to make me feel better!

Is anyone else feeling like their calf muscles are getting bigger? I've always had big calf muscles, but omg when I pull the pant leg of my sweat pants up to my knees, I can almost not get it past my calves anymore! I do not want big man calves! How can I get these muscles to STOP getting bigger! I don't think there is any fat left in them just muscle but still they look huge. I really hope they get smaller as I lose weight or I will just not look right!

So I'm thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 day slimdown (uses 30 day shred, banish fat/boost metabolism, & no more trouble zones). But since I'm dedicated to this group even on the days it doesnt say to do Shred I'm still going to do it. I think I will make today Day 1 of the slimdown, since it only requires level 1 of shred... But I don't feel that I will get better at jumping jacks or jump rope unless I do it more often, even though I do other cardio. So I think L1D4 of shred is going to happen again later tonight!

If anyone else would like to incorporate the Slimdown into this routine, there was another forum on here that gave a good link for it... you can download the schedule, the 3 videos, etc. http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

Take a look at it & let me know what you think! I'm thinking it sounds like a good idea for me!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Hey Shredders! I'm happy to report that I am down 4 pounds since my last weigh-in (a week ago today):happy: I'm going to take my measurements next Thursday. Today I am going to buy some new pants because mine are starting to get a little baggy in the behind (a co-worker pointed this out to me yesterday). Hard work really does pay off! Keep it up everyone.

Wow that's AWESOME! Great job! :) You definitely deserve those new pants!