Guys...do you wants bones or meat??

Options

Replies

• barney50501Missy
    Options
    All I can say is any woman in a Steelers shirt is a good start.....because I have dated tiny to plus size. If you wear the Steelers shirt you might get my attention....whatever happens after that .....

But a healthy weight for you is a healthy weight for you. You are going to be whatever you are going to be. Be happy with it and others will be too.

Sorry guys but I have to do it....Yeah Steelers! The Nation has spoken!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Translated: Bones are for a dog; Meat is for a man.

Disgusting phrase.
    Body shaming skinny women is not okay.

This. That's such a stupid phrase.

.....says the skinny woman. I think she meant it as a joke. I hope you did not lose your sense of humor as you were losing weight.

Really?

Really, is she skinny? Looks that way in her photo. Really, did I think she meant it as a joke? Yes. She just forgot her little smiley emoticon. Really, do I hope they did not lose their sense of humor? Absolutely. Not having a sense of humor would be so very sad. Very sad indeed. Really, it would.

So I can say that you being fat made you funnier?

NO. Now you are making it personal to her when she was only trying to justify another person's comment.
    ... that comment whoever made it didn't make it specially to anyone. You writing "YOU being fat made YOU funnier" when you could have easily said "being fat makes fat people funnier" & she can have a comeback like.. "skinny makes you uptight" (bc they are always hungry.)

Like come on people, why take things personal. We are all here for the same reason>>> TO CHANGE!!! (lose, gain, or maintain)

This is the "chit-chat, fun, and games" section... stop getting so offended.

LEARN TO LAUGH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So we can say a real man likes fit and only dogs chew fat and it's funny and OK as long as it's not about a specific person?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My dog loves fat more than bones actually. He got into some chicken skin in the trash that I threw out and almost bit my arm off when I tried to get it away from him.
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "Eye of the beholder." To each his own, and more importantly do YOU like what you see in the mirror. My personal preference is a "fit" woman, not skinny nor chunky. She's still an obvious woman, but has worked hard to become a fit woman at that. Don't worry about muscle, it will take care of itself when you lift and workout and eat clean. Get fit, and your body will fall in line. And after you put in the hard work, YOU will love what you've accomplished...and not really give a damn what the guys think!

Great Answer!
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    For me it all depends on the woman and body proportion/build. No woman looks good as a bag of bones, and most women look phenomenal with a little meat on their bones (whether they believe you when you tell them they look great is a different story). You don't need a perfect 6 pack, to look great, but a little definition/tone go along way.....
  • MidNightAngel34
    Options
    A little meat on the bones is always a good thing. I guess cause I definitely have some on mine.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who spoke Spanish and used to say this in Spanish: Los huesos son para un perro, la carne es para un hombre

Translated: Bones are for a dog; Meat is for a man.

That must make naturally skinny women feel SO GOOD.

Yeah, people have really got to stop with this quote (which we have all heard). Does this mean that a slender woman can only be in abusive relationships and should not leave because she won't ever do any better (as abusive men like to say). Like it or not, statements like this are unhealthy for young girls to hear while growing up and leads to no good. I'm not trying to be difficult, just that I had to grow up with this, with my slender mother in abusive relationships and low self-esteem (and they abused me too). I know people aren't going to stop with this statement, but maybe by saying this someone will think twice about it.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    it depends on the girl. some skinny girls are absolutely beautiful, some with curves are beautiful. i'm a fan of any number of them on an individual level.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If the face is beautiful it really doesnt matter what body type you are as long as your body type is not an extreme of each side of the coin. ie, anorexic or obese.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter? Are you really going to model and shape your body based on what random internet guys say they prefer?

I'm going for what looks good to myself in the mirror. Don't really give an eff what others think.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "Eye of the beholder." To each his own, and more importantly do YOU like what you see in the mirror. My personal preference is a "fit" woman, not skinny nor chunky. She's still an obvious woman, but has worked hard to become a fit woman at that. Don't worry about muscle, it will take care of itself when you lift and workout and eat clean. Get fit, and your body will fall in line. And after you put in the hard work, YOU will love what you've accomplished...and not really give a damn what the guys think!

Exactly. It is a personal journey. You are so in the wrong head space for success if you create your goals around what others like or prefer.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter? Are you really going to model and shape your body based on what random internet guys say they prefer?

I'm going for what looks good to myself in the mirror. Don't really give an eff what others think.

Hey! I resemble that remark:)
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I've been rail skinny. I've been athletic with muscle definition. I've been curvaceously fat (thank God I gain in my boobs & butt!). No matter my size, I've never had a man complain about my shape/size. Confidence is *THE* most attractive thing about a woman (or a man, for that matter). Even when I was 200lbs+, I strutted my stuff with my head held high. I have *SO* much more to offer than what I look like. So do you. Go by how you feel instead of aiming for a number on a scale. I know that's easy to say & hard to do, but numbers don't reflect muscle gained in a positive light. Feeling strong, physically & mentally, is more important than a number. Good luck on your journey!
  • Sereneee
    Sereneee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    0)
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i like meat on the bones...not super skinny.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I hate that quote that quote, boys love meat! (A cows' meat yes, are you comparing yourself to a cow?) :sick:

@sereneee - yes, respectfully to the beautiful women on MFP. It's a matter of preference, and lets not use those terms.

@all For me, I love women with large, natural breasts. Too skinny is not attractive, and I am more attractive to women that are active with curves :love:
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think one of the most depressing sights in the world is a plateful of bones after all the meat is gone. Almost every time this happens I wish for one thing..... more meat
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't know about these replies, I'm pretty thin and men are all over me.
  • Sereneee
    Options
    I like sweet and spicy seasonings with a nice thick gravy

lol!!! love this! :flowerforyou:

I find it a bit alarming that the OP needs someone else to set a formula on how one should look, based on men's preferences! That attitude definitely doesn't fall within the criteria of "sexy" or "confident" :wink:
  • Sereneee
    Options
    I like sweet and spicy seasonings with a nice thick gravy

lol!!! love this! :flowerforyou:

I find it a bit alarming that the OP needs someone else to set a formula on how one should look, based on men's preferences! That attitude definitely doesn't fall within the criteria of "sexy" or "confident" ;)