What makes you unfriend somone?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm rather selective so my friends are in most instances people I care about, and people I'd invite over for a meal. If I don't feel that way, I'll probably delete you.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When someone sends you a pm demanding an apology for something you posted but it was misinterpreted (she thought flame-baiting was a post against homosexuality) and then you search for all of her posts by name and find that she posts tons of judgmental attacks to people. "BLOCK"
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I unfriend when I see that they have not logged in for more than a month. I know I fell off at one time, but never more than a month. I may not log my food everyday, but I try to comment to my friends on here as much as possible.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Lack of communication/support and when people log stupid routine activities as exercise such as showering, sleeping, texting on the phone, etc. I've even had someone log drawing as an exercise once. /facepalm.
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Only reason I have is because they add me and never interact...at all. So they get the boot.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    sometimes I delete those who never interract with me, but not always. if they are motivating by just seeing their progress I keep them around.

I deleted someone who I think was demonstrating some really bad behaviors indicative of an eating disorder. bingeing, fasting, bingeing, fasting, etc.

if people are rude to other people I would delete them. no bullying.

I deleted a girl who never exercised and just entered 30 mins of house work so she didn't go over her calories. she was sending the message that she wasn't even trying.

most commonly I delete people that don't log in. it isn't that hard to log in. if you are absent a week I usually delete.

i deleted someone who was critical of how much I work out. whatever. I'm being safe about it so she can suck it.

people who are constantly negative. I'm gonna be fat forever, I can't do it, I wanna quit, I can't exercise, I can't...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Eeyore Syndrome... woe is me, I can't loose weight, nothing will work, this is pointless, I'm going to give up (but I want you guys to talk me out of it)... ahhhhh Eeyores.

yes, this!^ So tired of it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I do what the voices command.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I've never unfriended anyone....

...not even people who have died.
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just deleted some people who haven't logged on for months. That being said, I haven't been here much in the last few months either. I got injured and it turned everything upside down for me. Surgery coming very soon. :(

The only time I deleted someone other than that was a female who had done very well on her journey and forgot where she came from. She trashed everyone and took great pleasure in it. That was it.... I hit the delete button and glad I did.

Always looking for motivated, energizing friends. :)
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If they like Nickelback.

This.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Usually, I just unfriend people that never interact with me. I'm pretty hard to offend, so the rest is just entertainment.

^This
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I unfriend if they leave a smart *kitten* comment about me going over on my calories or if they never comment because I have better friends than that.....
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whiny, "me me me", unhealthy attitude towards food/exercise, etc., friend collectors who don't interact with you, nothing in common... those are usually the main reasons for me to un-friend someone or don't accept friend requests. It's easier to keep the friends list to a minimum, that way I can give my time and attention to those when I can, it's just better to be Pal's with others who are like-minded.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have never actually unfriended any body on here; here are a few things that would make me do it

1. If you are on here for a business and keep harping about your product... I have friends that have a fitness-business on the side and I actually interact with them; but if they were to become pushy about their way being the best/only way I would not keep that going.

2. A particularly vulgar or nasty person.

3. Anybody I found out to be under age. As a high school teacher, I have signed a social responsibility pact with my district. I don't interact with children online at all.. I have colleagues in jail right now for this type of thing (of course their conversation transcended fitness)... I am 52 years old, I don't friend kids.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    If they havent logged on in over 3 weeks
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    1. No interaction (I'm the only one posting anything).
    2. Eating ridiculously (like, under 1000 calories, totally unbalanced).
    3. Nastiness.

I've only done it once so far; it was someone I really wish well, but...the situation wasn't right for me.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    1. Inactiveness for more than 17 days
    2. Excessive swearing
    3. Smart remarks (someone told me it was horrible that my mom got a car, when she hasn't been behind the wheel since her stroke in the early 2000's)
    4. No / little communication. Friendship is a give and take situation.
    5. Commenting on anything that goes against my religious, moral or personal beliefs. Someone told me I'm going to hell, because of the simple fact that I'm a CHRISTIAN.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I had one friend inactive for 2 years. When she came back she was delighted I was still on her friends list. Life ebbs and flows.

Honestly, 90% of my list are people I love, admire, encourage or who encourage or inspire me. Wouldn't trade them for the world :love:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I've never unfriended anyone....

...not even people who have died.

{hug} :flowerforyou: