What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't be a douche. Appreciate everything. Don't study German. Stop being fat. Be financially responsible.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. You are not as fat as you think you are
    2. Your self worth is not based on your appearance, and people actually DO like you for who you are
    3. Learn about nutrition and tell your parents to buy some freaking vegetables
    4. Learn how to study, because even though you can coast through highschool without it, once you get to university you will have no idea what to do when exam time rolls around :smile:
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    i+am+enough.jpg

Had I not made the mistakes I have made, I wouldn't be the person I am now. And I quite like myself!

Also, Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been, and I want more wrinkles! :laugh:
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    i+am+enough.jpg

Had I not made the mistakes I have made, I wouldn't be the person I am now. And I quite like myself!

Also, Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been, and I want more wrinkles! :laugh:

Oops. Didn't mean to quote meant to edit the other one to fix the img code! Sorry!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I wish someone had grabbed me by the shirt, slammed me up against a wall and made me see:
    1.) You don't know everything, so sit down, shut up and listen to your teachers, parents and other adults. They know more than you.
    2.) Do not ask THAT girl for a date! Run in the other direction very quickly... NOW!!!
    3.) Get that cigarette out of your mouth. It's not cool, it's utterly disgusting and it makes you stink!

Have a GREAT day!
    Ciao, Marc
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    "I told you life would get better."

and perhaps

"I am so proud of you - you did what you could at the time and made it through each day."

Thinking about what I would tell myself at 9,10 years old gets me crying every time.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That cheerleading uniform won't fit forever if you don't stop eating whoppers after practice. Stop eating out so much - go home and cook a decent meal!!! (yes, I still have the uniform and YES, I will get back into it - my daughter wants to see me in it :-) )
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wish I had hadmore confidence as a teen, love myself more, and keep myself fit and hhealthy instead of 30 years + smaoking :(

Very bad habit indeed.

But for the rest I made my bed and I lie in it......... I wouldnt change to much maybe a career
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So many things ... especially when I consider that as a teenager I thought I knew it all!

However, right now it would have to be "Food is a false friend, so keep up with your dancing instead."

Mavis
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am not saying this because its a fitness site, but I wish I knew I had physical potentional. I would tell myself to do anything, start with sports, start running, anything.
    I used to think I was totally inept at sports, I wish I had started earlier to see where I could have been. Back then I associated sports with ability or losing weight. Since I didn't have to worry about either, I didn't do anything.

God!! Thats me! Thats me!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I remember in middle school, being able to run up and down stairs for 5-10 minutes without much effort.

I would've told myself to keep it up. I can't imagine how fit and healthy I'd be if I'd just kept being active through high school and beyond.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    put down that cake and love yourself for who you are and get active in sports and not care what others think

This ^^^^ and be confident,
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "DONT QUIT, YOU CANT QUIT, I WONT LET YOU QUIT" (I quit playing sports my junior year and went on an unhealthy streak of about 2 years of bad eating habits and no exercise. I will never quit again because I regret it to this day.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    OMG, where do I start?! (must...keep...post...short....)

OK, I'd talk to my college freshman self and start with the following:
    1) "Bruh, you think you're FAT? That ain't fat. :noway: THIS is fat!!!" <whips out picture of 'March 2012' me> :sick: "You're barely in the overweight category and have the highest metabolism rate of your life! Now get offa yer pseudo-fat @$$ and go for a walk around campus....2 times!"
    2) "OK, yeah, I get that this is the first time you've been in a gym... 'kid in a candy store' and all that... but DON'T spent 4 hours in here using every fargin' piece of equipment at maximum intensity! Yeah, you'll feel REAL good for the rest of that day and the next... but you're gonna PAY BIG TIME a couple of days later, become discouraged and not do any meaningful exercise for more than a decade afterward! Borrow this book from the library and follow a reasonable routine!"

#2 is an absolutely true story! I was literally a walking cramp for about 7-10 days! :sad: Second-worse pain I've ever felt...:explode: and appendicitis doesn't even make my the top 5!
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    You are not fat! Stop listening to the nasty kids who call you "fatso." the weighing machine says you weigh right and that's what matters.
    AND the cute guy who is being "nice" to you? yes, he has a crush on you, he will admit it a few years later but for now don't push away all attention just because you think that you are "too fat for anyone to like me."
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Contribute as much as you can to your 401K and don't EVER take out a loan on it.
  • MSimm62385
    Options
    Put down the bag of chips, lift some weights, and quit being so shy and untalkative all the time.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, actually, you should quit. These people are crazy and don't know what the heck they're doing. There are other ways to get there.
    2. You're seasonally affective. That's what the problem was all this time.
    3. You have allergies and are very heat sensitive. Pick a different major. Something indoors. Sorry, but it's truth.
    4. Martial arts make you happy. If you followed the advice in #1 you would have time for it.
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can think of things that I could tell myself, but when I think about it I don't know how that would impact on my life right now, there are some things in my life that I'm very happy with (my partner, my education) and I wouldn't want to risk those :)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to HTFU!

I was the nice kid, the friend, the funny guy... the chubby kid.

I would school myself on fitness and nutrition, and kick my own *kitten* in to shape!

^^
    This, plus have more faith and belief in yourself, have more focus on your studies and more confidence. If you don't do it now it will build up on you till you are in your late 20's and be a far bigger issue. and when you know you have met the person for you, and you will, (though its not who you currently think!) make sure you let her know every day and don't lose her.