What do you wish you could tell your teenage self?

Options

Replies

• nicholettebell
    Options
    Yes, yes, you really are THAT big. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

Stop feeling scared about everything.
  • 2Shar
    2Shar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Life is a roller coaster, get ready for the ride!!! Enjoy your UP's and you will need them in the DOWN's.. :D
  • WeatherGirl88
    WeatherGirl88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just be happy! Don't make decisions based on insecurities. You'll find friends anywhere you go. And stop obsessing about your weight. It's stupid. Get off of those calorie counting websites. Now. They aren't that important. Everyone in your family is a walking stick figure. Don't drown in milkshakes and you'll be fine.
    But keep running! Running is good! :D
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    You are not fat. But you don't move enough. Remember that "fitness plan" in high school where you walked 2 miles a day? STICK TO IT. Get to campus an hour early and walk, walk, walk. Avoid those deceptively free campus buses. They are a TRAP.

That instinct to get a double major is a good one. But not education like you were thinking. A) Too much work and B) You hated high school kids when you WERE one. Support that major in journalism by doubling down on some marketing skills.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Be yourself and don't worry about what others think!
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't go for those Sallie Mae Student Loans

DITTO!!!
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wish I could tell her that I would eventually fall in love with my amazing husband and that life was going to get much better.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Quit following everyone else and do what you know is right. Be someone that you know you'll be proud of, not some snivelling little brat who always plays the victim. Cut that *kitten* out and get your act together. You've got it in you to be a great leader, and people will see that and follow. Many of them will be teenagers that don't know who they are yet, and they will look to you for guidance. Define who you are so you can help them find who they want to be.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I wish I could tell myself that I needed to stop being so uptight and go have fun! You are only a minor once and after you turn 18 the law is after you and the govt. is after you forever!
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Dude, seriously, she is cheating on you... get rid of her!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Seeking power, money or fame is like chasing the wind; no matter how much you get, it amounts to nothing. Seek first the things of heaven and all these things will be added to you. Read your bible.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    do NOT decide how other people feel about you,, TALK to them.

try and trust your instincts.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I wouldn't have listened.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Stay calm. Concentrate on making money and getting exercise.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Teenage me was already pretty messed up :/
    But I'd like to tell the 10-11 year old me to exercise more, eat healthily, don't listen to the bullies and don't comfort eat. Actually mostly just those last 2. I was an active kid with an OK diet until I went to secondary school.
    But if it had to be the teenage me I'd tell myself to get back on track as soon as possible instead of waiting until I'm 25.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Go.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Start running - NOW. Then you'll be much better at it when you're 40+

And ... "STOP! There's a car coming!!:" <--- that's to my college freshman self that's about to total the car she got for a high school graduation gift....
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that figure while you have it!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would tell her, "Seriously? You think you're fat now?! You're 145lbs! Just wait, in 10 years you'll be 55lbs heavier and will be working your *kitten* off to see 145 again."
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    DON'T SMOKE!!! DON'T BECOME AN ALCOHOLIC!!! FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!!