NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    L1D6...I just about talked myself out of shredding today. I had to go to work at 6 am...I had to fill in and unload freight..(which is a workout all on it's own..) I had to stay for a supervisor meeting an extra hour(got off at 2:30)..oh and of course that TMO started today...I got home and I thought..heck I will skip it, but I didn't..I got on my shoes and exercise gear and did it! So glad I did..I think I will skip my 20 minutes on the treadmill...
    Will Shred again tomorrow!

AHHHH! Karen,

I am sooooo proud of you!!! You did what you absolutely didnt want to do to get what you want! EPIC!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: :smile: :laugh: :love:

So Karma, your last sentence encouraged me to do the 20 minutes on the treadmill...sure I was tired..but I wasn't in pain, I wasn't healing from an injury...I want this..I want a healthier lifestyle....it's been years of excuses that got me where I am...and I don't want to be there any longer..I am turing 40 this year! I want to go into my next decade healthier and happier!

Aww, that gave me a frog in my throat! So glad you are finding your niche and letting go of excuses! GREAT JOB!
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    I wish there was a way to skip past the intro stuff on the dvd. Maybe it's my player??? I guess I want to be able to put it in and go immediately to the screen where I can choose what l want (recommendations, workout etc) and then straight to chosing my level and go at it. Anyone have any ideas??
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    I wish there was a way to skip past the intro stuff on the dvd. Maybe it's my player??? I guess I want to be able to put it in and go immediately to the screen where I can choose what l want (recommendations, workout etc) and then straight to chosing my level and go at it. Anyone have any ideas??

LeeAnna,
    I play it through my hubby's xBox and it comes on right at the part where you select the level. That's the only DVD player we have.
  • karmasBFF
    Options

LeeAnna,
    I play it through my hubby's xBox and it comes on right at the part where you select the level. That's the only DVD player we have.

UGH! I hate watching that stupid intro...and when she introduces each girl!

I start the DVD then go fill my water bottle, put on my HRM and roll out the mat.Then I FF to the warm up! makes it less aggravating!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    L1D4 in the bag! Is it just me or am I going to have to do all 30 days on level 1? It doesn't seem like it's getting easier! I must be REALLY out of shape. Maybe I'm not eating the right thing before working out. Shouldn't I eat like a banana an hour before hand?

Push ups SUCK *kitten* and the side lunges with interior raises do too! Everything else I can tolerate!

Good work shredders on day 4 (athlete butt slap)! :drinker:

A GF and I were just discussing this. I am going to stay on L1 until I can do everything the UNMODIFIED WAY through and through without stopping! Then I will move on to the next level...so dont feel so bad!
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I must confess I DID NOT SHRED TODAY. Day 4 and it beat me, not only beat me it literally kicked my *kitten*. My legs are still real sore and I can barely get up and down off the commode. I just got off work and I am tired and fed up and am going to bed. I feel bad this tape defeated me on day 4. I WILL GET UP IN THE AM AND DO THE TAPE! I hate for things to beat me. Ok I feel better now I will get up in the am with a new attitude and complete the task! Thanks for listening. Good Night
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Well I must confess I DID NOT SHRED TODAY. Day 4 and it beat me, not only beat me it literally kicked my *kitten*. My legs are still real sore and I can barely get up and down off the commode. I just got off work and I am tired and fed up and am going to bed. I feel bad this tape defeated me on day 4. I WILL GET UP IN THE AM AND DO THE TAPE! I hate for things to beat me. Ok I feel better now I will get up in the am with a new attitude and complete the task! Thanks for listening. Good Night

Don't worry about it, sometimes is OK to have a rest and healup day! I know I did - I skipped D3 and did it today! I felt MUCH better! Good on you for sticking with it!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

Mine does the same thing. I just keep the DVD in all the time. When I wake up in the morning, I just turn it on. By the time I am ready for my workout, it has ran through all that crap and I can just pick my level and get started. I have to admitt.....I am getting quite sick of hearing her say the SAME things every day.........like, "Isn't that right buddy?" Blah
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Mine does the same thing. I just keep the DVD in all the time. When I wake up in the morning, I just turn it on. By the time I am ready for my workout, it has ran through all that crap and I can just pick my level and get started. I have to admitt.....I am getting quite sick of hearing her say the SAME things every day.........like, "Isn't that right buddy?" Blah

Yeah, mine is the same way, I start it while I get dressed in my workout clothes!!!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    Today I will start Level 3....I watched it last night but, you know seeing it is one thing and doing it is a whole other ball game.

I have my results from Day 1-20.

Day1:

Weight: 198.4
    Body Fat% 41.5%
    Waist- 39
    Stomach- 42
    Thighs- 27
    Hips- 45
    Chest- 41.5

End Level 1:

Weight: 194
    Body Fat% 39.1%
    Waist- 37.5
    Stomach- 41.5
    Thighs- 26.5
    Hips- 43.5
    Chest- 41

End Level 2:

Weight: 189.6
    Body Fat% 37.9%
    Waist- 37
    Stomach- 40.5
    Thighs- 25
    Hips- 43
    Chest- 40.5

OH YEAH 3.6% Body Fat…..GONE…Don’t want to see you any more. 2 Inches lost in almost every area…..BUHBYE!!! Happy to see you go!! 8.8lbs………..YOU’RE OUTTA HERE!!!! :happy:

I am so motivated to stay on my journey to a healthier life style, I'm so glad I tried this DVD by JM. As much as I hate the way she's kicks my *kitten*, I love her for showing me what I am capable of doing & pushing myself. My new BF in my head!!!

Have a great one Ladies!!!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    Today I will start Level 3....I watched it last night but, you know seeing it is one thing and doing it is a whole other ball game.

Day1:

Body Fat% 41.5%
    Waist- 39
    Stomach- 42
    Thighs- 27
    Hips- 45
    Chest- 41.5

End Level 1:

Body Fat% 39.1%
    Waist- 37.5
    Stomach- 41.5
    Thighs- 26.5
    Hips- 43.5
    Chest- 41

End Level 2:

Body Fat% 37.9%
    Waist- 37
    Stomach- 40.5
    Thighs- 25
    Hips- 43
    Chest- 40.5

OH YEAH 3.6% Body Fat…..GONE…Don’t want to see you any more. 2 Inches lost in almost every area…..BUHBYE!!! Happy to see you go!! 8.8lbs………..YOU’RE OUTTA HERE!!!! :happy:

I am so motivated to stay on my journey to a healthier life style, I'm so glad I tried this DVD by JM. As much as I hate the way she's kicks my *kitten*, I love her for showing me what I am capable of doing & pushing myself. My new BF in my head!!!

Great Job! Those are fabulous results!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I don't do the shred ( I have done the workouts before, but not following the program) I do Chalean Extreme.....but I support Karma ( hey honey) and I have to say, you ladies are SUPER AWESOME AND BRAVE to post your before pics and measurments....

I could never do that! I made my hubby take pics and immediately download them to a file and I DON"T want to see them!!!!!!

Good luck, ladies! Maybe I will post my 'afters'.....lol
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    L1D6...I just about talked myself out of shredding today. I had to go to work at 6 am...I had to fill in and unload freight..(which is a workout all on it's own..) I had to stay for a supervisor meeting an extra hour(got off at 2:30)..oh and of course that TMO started today...I got home and I thought..heck I will skip it, but I didn't..I got on my shoes and exercise gear and did it! So glad I did..I think I will skip my 20 minutes on the treadmill...
    Will Shred again tomorrow!

AHHHH! Karen,

I am sooooo proud of you!!! You did what you absolutely didnt want to do to get what you want! EPIC!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: :smile: :laugh: :love:

So Karma, your last sentence encouraged me to do the 20 minutes on the treadmill...sure I was tired..but I wasn't in pain, I wasn't healing from an injury...I want this..I want a healthier lifestyle....it's been years of excuses that got me where I am...and I don't want to be there any longer..I am turing 40 this year! I want to go into my next decade healthier and happier!

Great job! You are so motivated! it's great to hear you did it even when you didn't want to and still added the treadmill time in there. You will see great results from your determination
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    L1D5 DONE! And I think I'm going to do it again later tonight becuse yesterday I felt great doing it twice. And I think the more I do it the better I am getting at it. I can do all of circuit 2 following Natalie & I make it all the way through circuit 3 without stopping! I am still modifying the bicycle crunches but I am determined to get through a whole minute of them without modifying! Circuit 1 I am not having a problem with except the pushups. I did stop for 5 seconds on the jump rope of circuit 1 because I did not drink enough water before starting and my mouth was sooo dry! I may increase my weights to 8 lbs because the 5lbs are becoming very easy, except on the shoulder raise/side lunges!

So 5 days into it & I can't believe how far I have come from day 1! I think 5 more days of this & I will be ready for level 2 (I hope!)
    My goals for level 1 are:

*Complete at least both sets of pushups doing girly pushups
    *Complete all cardio without stopping
    *Complete the bicycle crunches without modifying
    If I don't complete the pushup goal I'm not too worried about it & will not let it hold me back from moving to the next level, I have always had a hard time with pushups and am going to continue them everyday until I can do real ones!

I am so proud of everyone, just think we are 5 days into this and everyone is so motivated! I couldnt have gotten this far without all of you!
  • karen366
    Options
    L1D7..complete...I really pushed it hard today! It feels so good getting it done in the morning..it just sets off my whole day!

I do have to ask..I am still having issues with the bra thing...what kind of bra/sportsbra are you wearing? I have the day off today, and I really need to go get something with a lot of support.
  • karen366
    Options
    L1D5 DONE! And I think I'm going to do it again later tonight becuse yesterday I felt great doing it twice. And I think the more I do it the better I am getting at it. I can do all of circuit 2 following Natalie & I make it all the way through circuit 3 without stopping! I am still modifying the bicycle crunches but I am determined to get through a whole minute of them without modifying! Circuit 1 I am not having a problem with except the pushups. I did stop for 5 seconds on the jump rope of circuit 1 because I did not drink enough water before starting and my mouth was sooo dry! I may increase my weights to 8 lbs because the 5lbs are becoming very easy, except on the shoulder raise/side lunges!

So 5 days into it & I can't believe how far I have come from day 1! I think 5 more days of this & I will be ready for level 2 (I hope!)

If I don't complete the pushup goal I'm not too worried about it & will not let it hold me back from moving to the next level, I have always had a hard time with pushups and am going to continue them everyday until I can do real ones!

I am so proud of everyone, just think we are 5 days into this and everyone is so motivated! I couldnt have gotten this far without all of you!

Keep it up! You are doing awesome..
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Day1:

Body Fat% 41.5%
    Waist- 39
    Stomach- 42
    Thighs- 27
    Hips- 45
    Chest- 41.5

End Level 1:

Body Fat% 39.1%
    Waist- 37.5
    Stomach- 41.5
    Thighs- 26.5
    Hips- 43.5
    Chest- 41

End Level 2:

Body Fat% 37.9%
    Waist- 37
    Stomach- 40.5
    Thighs- 25
    Hips- 43
    Chest- 40.5

Can I be like you when I grow up? WORK IT GIRL! We're all so proud of you and the motivation you bring to MFP!
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Damn it to hell! No lbs lost but I feel lighter so that's what matters. My camisoles aren't clinging to me for dear life. They're actually a bit loose around my belly! Headed to Costco for some produce! Kroger later for some lean meat, natural PNB, & nuts. Clean eating 80% here I come!

TGIF Shredder Divas!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I'm just leaving the dvd player on all the time now, I hate that intro, too! Is that bad for the player?

L1D4 CHECK! I did 10 girly pushups on the floor, and the rest leaning against the kitchen counter.

Did the anterior raises like this...left arm, right arm, both arms.

Other than that I did everything..now my FEET hurt on the jump rope but I'm good on everything else. I got more sweaty than I have before and I had the A/C on.

Karma, you're awesome! And great job everyone else, you are all a daily joy and inspiration to me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I am soooo jealous of your strong arms and shoulders! I'd be thrilled if I could ever do both sets of pushups girly style. You ROCK.