40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Random thought for the day: I'm watching Criminal Minds and packing....that is all...
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I like Cool Whip (light of course), does that count?

I'm 48, would like to be many pounds lighter by the time I'm 50. Today is beautiful here in Cane Ridge (suburb of Nashville,TN).
    I biked for an hour, then went to a Yin yoga class - slow stretching/ holding poses - love it, makes me feel taller when I'm done.
    Doing laundry and chopping vegetables for Szechuan chicken. Probably will go to a movie later.

My 20 yr old son thought I was ok until a couple of years ago, now he vacillates between feeling embarrassed by me and liking me ok if I bought the kind of food he likes :)
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like Cool Whip (light of course), does that count?

My 20 yr old son thought I was ok until a couple of years ago, now he vacillates between feeling embarrassed by me and liking me ok if I bought the kind of food he likes :)

Cool Whip ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS COUNTS!!!:flowerforyou:

And my son thinks I'm cool when i have the freezer stocked with pizza and mozzarella sticks. :bigsmile:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I had to ask someone WHAT cool whip is...
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Gosh, I've been away fora while....that's because I have not really worked out in a week!!

Really struggling with my diet and workouts. Need a major intervention. :sad:

Welcome to the new cool kids.

Am taking another stained glass workshop this weekend, and I am feeling like a frustrated artist. :tongue: Nothing went right today. Hoping I can salvage the piece tomorrow and have something to show for my time and $$.
  • Madein1971
    Options
    Stained glass work sounds like fun, watch out for the lunch buffet :^)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I went to see my doctor when I first injured my knee. he pretty much said 45 is too old to be running. Do walking, he said!!

go F**k yourself, i said!!
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You know it! :-)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I went to see my doctor when I first injured my knee. he pretty much said 45 is too old to be running. Do walking, he said!!

I wouldn't have said it quite that way, but exactly!!! Which is what I tell mine whenever he says to slow down or get less intense. Not until I drop! I spent too many years being less intense - 44 and the best fitness year yet! (Until next year...) Does that make me cool, or just more of the over-achieving geek?
  • robpetrov
    Options
    I'm heading off to Vegas on Thursday for 1 week with 10 mates, for a bucks party. I think It'll make me feel young again:-).
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I wouldn't have said it quite that way, but exactly!!! Which is what I tell mine whenever he says to slow down or get less intense. Not until I drop! I spent too many years being less intense - 44 and the best fitness year yet! (Until next year...) Does that make me cool, or just more of the over-achieving geek?

it makes you very cool indeed!!

for the record, my doctor actually GOOGLED knee injuries for runners before coming out with his clinically relevant advice of 45 being too old to run.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

it makes you very cool indeed!!

for the record, my doctor actually GOOGLED knee injuries for runners before coming out with his clinically relevant advice of 45 being too old to run.

That is so awesome - glad to see your doctor has the latest in technology!!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the cool club!!!!

I will be 47 next week. I consider myself cool. I have no children but my best friends kids 13 and 6 think I'm awesome!!! LOL!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Boy, this morning came EARLY! A bad sleep, followed by a very early morning meeting. I just hope I can get through today! (I NEED MY ZZZZZZZZZZZ's.)

I'm lifting, today.

What are you all doing?
  • sdereski
    Options

LOL. Well done!
    am 52 and still happily running. :laugh:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I hope to still be running when I am 52...just starting now at 41!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    I'm heading off to Vegas on Thursday for 1 week with 10 mates, for a bucks party. I think It'll make me feel young again:-).

Yay!! Have a blast! :drinker:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi there cool kids,

Still struggling...man I need to break out of this funk!
    Plan is to lift today and hopefully if I have enough energy, go for a short run.

Welcome to the new cool kids - love seeing new faces on the board.

Beeps - it sure is Monday! Am tired as well. Probably because I didn't get my total lounge day I usually take on the weekend.:yawn:

Sherry - hat's off to you for starting now!! Never too late. My friend Joy started running at age 49. She is 85 today and still runs marathons. She runs the NYC marathon every year. Last year they did a story on her - she was the oldest woman running it. We call her "the Joy of running" :smile:
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I started off the morning with a short 5 mile run, and then at my desk to start work at 6:00 am. I will be busy this afternoom and evening, but hope to be able to work my abs.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Combo lifting = cardio workout today. Upper body. Trying to get those bat wings gone! :bigsmile:

Didn't do so well this weekend. Too much down time always, always, always leads me to the fridge. I cannot seem to be able to relax at my home unless it involves lots of food that is bad for you. One of my issues is that I grew up very poor, and food was used in my house as a reward. BIG GOSHDARN MISTAKE on my Mom's part; but she was doing the best she could. Those habits are so, so, hard to break,. I didn't do it with my children, because I refused to make them the slave to food I seem to be, but good golly day it's hard to break that habit in myself. :ohwell:

But, today is a new day. And, in a few hours, I am off to the gym. Yay, me!!!:laugh:

Edited only to correct a grammatical error. Not telling which one!! :bigsmile: