List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It was a good list until number 9.

Thanks for focusing on the negatives, i mentioned they were obvious. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Don't take it personally. There are TONS of people on here that are anti diet soda. Personally, I love the stuff!!!:drinker:

SPRITE ZERO! Its my soda weakness. I limit one per day. Wish it was made with a healthier sweetner though.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    1. Miracle Noodles (0 calories!):
    this is probably the number 1 most miracle of all foods. They taste pretty much like any noodle (flavorless) except slightly chewier, which is definitively worth it for the 0 calories! you can order them on amazon, and there are a list of shops you can get them in on their official website. and they can NOT ONLY be used as noodles.. i have found a recipe online where you can use them to make 10 CALORIE COOKIES (this is the link > http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/recipes-10-calorie-miracle-chocolate.html ) so all in all, these things are pretty much da bomb.
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

2. Alpro Light Soya Milk (22cal per 100ml)
    Okay, this doesn't taste exactly like normal milk, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to add it to something (e.g: hot chocolate, cereal) and takes away so many calories. A cup of whole milk (250ml) would be 165 calories, where as a cup of this would only be 55calories, when you consider it like that it really is a big difference! Plus its is very nutritious! probably more than actual milk!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.alpro.com/country

3. Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly Pots (8.75 calories!)
    Got a sweet tooth? These are your answer! They come in various flavors: Cranberry & Raspberry, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Mango & Passionfruit. They really do taste good too!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hartleysjelly.com/

4.Green Tea. (0 calories)
    This is literally the best thing ever. It has so many benefits, like speeding up your metabolism. I personally always feel great after drinking it, it gives me energy! Plus it fills you up. I could go on and on and on about how much i'd recommend drinking this, just Google it and you'll see what i mean!

5.All-bran Cereal. (80calories/30g serving)
    Okay this isn't very tasty, (its pretty bland) but ill tell you why its great: it has TONSSSS of fibre in it. which 1. fills you the **** up and 2. keeps your digestive system moving. I have it with 125 ml of of the soya milk i mentioned, which is just over 100 calories! seriously great breakfast, like it fills you up soooo much sometimes i have to struggle slightly to finish the bowl! it will definitely keep you going for a good while. If you want to you could add some sugar (or sweetener), raisins, fruit, whatever to improve the flavor!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.all-bran.com/Home.aspx

6.Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Bread (50calories per slice)
    Theres nothing particularly amazing about this but the fact that 2 slices comes to 100 calories is pretty low for bread, no? compared to some white breads being 93 or so calories per slice!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/

7.Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (33 calories per 30g serving)
    As far as i know, you can get mini tubs of this too which is handy because you know that you are using the right amount! put it on some toasted Hovis Nimble bread and comes to about 130 calories, decent low calorie meal!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/

8.Cadburies Highlights hot chocolate (40calories per sache)
    Overall this isn't much lower than normal hot chocolate, but again, the benefit of it is that your aware of the amount of calories you're having. Good for curing chocolate cravings. Add it to water, or 250ml of heated Alpro soya milk and it comes to 95cals!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/today/Pages/productDetails.aspx?category=drinks&product=highlights

9.Any diet fizzy drink (usually 0cal)
    Im aware that most of you probably know about these haha, but just thought id throw them in for good measure, to show my appreciation for diet coke <3

10. ICE COLD water (0cal)
    okay again this is obvious i know but not only is it no calories, it fills you up and, actually BURNS calories. I'm not sure how much calories per ml exactly but I'm sure its easy for anyone to find out!

So there ya go! just thought i'd let people know about my little discoveries! I might have left someout but ill comment on this if i think of any more!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU'VE GOT ANY TOO! (not the obvious fruits or soup though lol, you know what i mean) I would definately appriciate it, along with others im sure.

Add me guys!!!! xxxxxx

1) Never heard of this but it's all hemicellulose which is metabolically inert in humans. Nice find!
    2) The evils of soy cannot be stressed enough.
    3) All sugar
    4) Green tea for the win!
    5) Processed high GI carbs made worse by MORE soy. If it comes in a box, eat the box, it has more fiber.
    6) More processed carbs
    7) OK, I dig the cream cheese.
    8) Sugar water... or sugar soy milk which is again even worse.
    9) Don't mind a diet soda but I get bloated :/
    10) THIS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST!!!!!
  • x_dana_x
    Options
    bump
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer light string cheeses which are only 50 calories. Most light string cheese are the same amount of calories so I won't post a brand name. Baby bell light cheeses as well are usually under 50 calories and the little triangle spreads are around 35. Ladies we need our calcium. I can't stomach milk but love my cheese.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I personally didn't like the miracle noodles - my favorite noodle substitute is spaghetti squash. Try it with spaghetti sauce - you'll love it! Take a look at the hungrygirl.com web site - she has a bunch of great foods (mostly processed if you don't mind that)

This! I can't believe how many people would rather eat weird mystery noodles. Spaghetti squash is where it's at.
  • eva_lawlor
    Options
    bump
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    awesome :)
  • sirpsyco
    Options
    bump
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash to replace my pasta! a lot more nutritious! and yummy!
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    People on the Internet this day and age really love finding any way to put people down, don't they? If you don't like the list, fine.

For the people who have recognised and thanked me for the time and effort I put in to this, youre all welcome. I am so glad to help anyone and I'm glad you appreciate it.

Another thing I forgot to put on the list

- RICE CAKES: you can get them covered in chocolate or yoghurt. Or get them plain and spread whatever you want on them, or add ham or something. Xxxxxxxx

I agree with very little of what you said because of personal reactions, IBS, and gluten intolerance among other problems. Including a spasmic neurological reaction to aspartame. I've had to find my own low calorie alternatives, on which I have done an overwhelming amount of study before trying. I understand and appreciate the effort you put into this list. I think the confusion here is that it isn't universal... For me, only the Green Tea and the water are viable options. I am perfectly happy with my chicken breast, broccoli, and basmati rice.

The only thing that's universally wrong is the cold water myth.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am not in any way trying to be "negative", but those talking about these things being processed and not very healthy, are right. If you want low calorie, healthy foods, eat fruits and vegatables and fresh meats and dairy. Those things are FAR healthier than anything processed that comes out of a box or can.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • ReneeNichol
    ReneeNichol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this info!